Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:37 AM)
Hawk talks now but sat in the booth all year kissing OG ass all year!

I hope Hawkeroo is just as honest if/when Kenny gets the boot.

I know how it works, though. I'd expect a steady stream of "Sox are gonna win this year w/out Ozzie," stuff all the way til Opening Day.

New manager still has to look Dunn/Rios/Peavy in the face upcoming season. That won't change no matter who's in charge.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they give Ozzie a statue in the Cell.

If we had a monument's area he'd be included, but we don't have a monument's area.

Lest any of you blast me ... he's a former player who played ss a LONG time on the South Side and he's our WS winning manager.

Why the f*** wouldn't he be recognized??

Also ...

I'd wait and see who else gets fired before we hire somebody.

If Francona gets fired, which he won't, he'd be a no brainer as Oz replacement.

Shouldn't we see if Gardy is shown the door by the Twins?

On a side note, is there any talk the Cubs might want Ozzie?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
1.) He should hold out for 4 years. I still wouldn't be surprised if it's four year deal. Three years ain't bad, though.

2.) Give me a break. He will manage there a long, long time IMO. Great part of the country; he likes NL ball; team gets very little media attention so no need for him to be stressed.

3.) How do u know? It's not official yet. At least give me credit if it's announced 4 years like u are calling me out prematurely.

First off, what's the big difference between 3 and 4 years? Why the heck would he hold out to get 1 more year?

Second, you are obviously ignorant to the front office in Florida. Loria and Samson are very touchy about a lot of things. They send Logan Morrison down because he was too real on Twitter. How the hell are they going to react when Ozzie goes off on one of his rants? It's not going to be pretty.

And again, the length of the deal really means nothing. If he does well in his first 2 years, he'll get an extension anyway. Put me in the group that says he won't make it through whatever deal he signs.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:58 AM)
First off, what's the big difference between 3 and 4 years? Why the heck would he hold out to get 1 more year?

Second, you are obviously ignorant to the front office in Florida. Loria and Samson are very touchy about a lot of things. They send Logan Morrison down because he was too real on Twitter. How the hell are they going to react when Ozzie goes off on one of his rants? It's not going to be pretty.

And again, the length of the deal really means nothing. If he does well in his first 2 years, he'll get an extension anyway. Put me in the group that says he won't make it through whatever deal he signs.

My point is ... there will be no rants in Florida.

He's passionate about the White Sox because he loves the White Sox and grew up a Sox player. He was the face of the franchise the last several years and bleeds White Sox black.

There's no reason for him to go off in Florida. He'll be liked by the media but nobody gives a f*** about baseball down there.

We won't hear anything from Ozzie Guillen down there.

If they win it all, we'll see him in the postseason, but he ain't going to be going off about anything down there. Baseball is dead in Florida.

Unless of course the new stadium means sellouts every night and baseball frenzy. I don't think anybody expects that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
1.) He should hold out for 4 years. I still wouldn't be surprised if it's four year deal. Three years ain't bad, though.

2.) Give me a break. He will manage there a long, long time IMO. Great part of the country; he likes NL ball; team gets very little media attention so no need for him to be stressed.

3.) How do u know? It's not official yet. At least give me credit if it's announced 4 years like u are calling me out prematurely.

If you have predicted that Ozzie will win multiple World Series in Florida, how is it preposterous for Milk to state that he could get fired? After all, Ozzie's gotten more fines, suspension, and bad publicity than the number of World Series he has won.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)

He's passionate about the White Sox because he loves the White Sox and grew up a Sox player. He was the face of the franchise the last several years and bleeds White Sox black.

There's no reason for him to go off in Florida. He'll be liked by the media but nobody gives a f*** about baseball down there.

If they win it all, we'll see him in the postseason, but he ain't going to be going off about anything down there. Baseball is dead in Florida.

Unless of course the new stadium means sellouts every night and baseball frenzy. I don't think anybody expects that.

You clearly have no grasp of Ozzie Guillen. It has nothing to do with the market he's in or whether the people there like baseball or not. He's attached to the Marlins. Not as much as he's attached to the Sox obviously, but still. If he cares AT ALL, he'll go off on a number of rants, whether it be at the players, fans or media. If he DOESN'T, then he doesn't give a s*** and simply wants a paycheck. I think he's a bit more competitive than that.

Oh, and he was liked by the media in Chicago up until the last couple years. And for the most part, they still liked him outside of a few exceptions, but that has more to do with those media members than it does Ozzie.

Why can't the Ozzie haters say at least, "Thanks for the memories."

I would think that will come in coming days or months.

The man is not evil, folks.

You can't take away 2005.

And our favorite team's failures are not all on this man.

Give him his props, please. Or consider doing so.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:12 AM)

Go look at the Ozzie appreciation thread...almost everyone has.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)

He bleeds green only.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:12 AM)

See: My appreciation thread.