Mike North & The Sox

Marty34

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
This out of towner does not get this. Please explain.

Not only did he get taken in a ponzi scheme, but he also dragged a bunch of his buddies along with him. They wanted to start this Webio(radio on the web, haha get it?) thing, and a bunch of sports talk hosts went with him and were all out of jobs within something like 3-6 months. And they stopped getting paid pretty quick.

So, it was pretty hilarious when North shortly thereafter started a show on CBS called "Monsters and Money" in the morning where he would talk money management and sports in an hour show.

In April 2009, North recruited his friend of over 15 years,[2] the convicted wire fraud felon, David Hernandez, to finance a webcasting company focused on Chicago sports.[3]

According to a criminal complaint filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Hernandez was using the business he founded with North to launder money from Hernandez's fraudulent "investment firm," NextStep Financial. The complaint alleges that North and Hernandez's business operated under the name of Spectrum Entertainment Group, which received over $160,000 of fraudulently-procured funds. Another shell company established by Hernandez using fraudulently-procured funds, The Ilumina Group, also financed the webcast operation.[4]

While North was an executive for Spectrum Entertainment, $300,000 was funneled from one of Hernandez's businesses into North's own production company.[5]

On June 12, 2009, Hernandez fired North after questions emerged about the businesses finances.[6] The following day it was reported that Hernandez was under federal investigation,[7] and Hernandez was subsequently charged by the Securities and Exchange Commission with operating a Ponzi scheme.[8]

In July 2009, North was sued in federal court by defrauded investors for his role in Hernandez's scheme.[9]

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)

LOL, I already found this gem from JHood. Hernandez had quite the impression on everyone.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
Just wanted to give you guys a little info. JHood recently plugged his new show on his Facebook account and I wrote him to say i wouldnt listen since I refuse to support any Mike North endeavor. He wrote this back to me:

Jason, Mike North is a minority owner in my new venture. My supervisor is actually David Hernandez, who is a great guy to work with. I don't think your dislike for Mike should stop what could be fun listening habits for you. I would love your support. Bless you and have a great day. J~

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 01:55 AM)
guys, i think we should just relax. North probably has some quality financial advise for JR. and he also knows of a guy that Jerry can invest all of his money with.

Heck yeah and the company is named KW-DUNN ME RIOSWRONG

And it didn't take me that long to think of that line either

Edited by elrockinMT

I heard today from a friend in radio DJ is history and will not be back in 2012 and North or Steve Dahl may take his place with Farmio! Take it with a grain of salt, I am just saying what he told me today! Anyone else heard any rumblings on this? :huh

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
I heard today from a friend in radio DJ is history and will not be back in 2012 and North or Steve Dahl may take his place with Farmio! Take it with a grain of salt, I am just saying what he told me today! Anyone else heard any rumblings on this? :huh

Might as well continue to make moves that piss me off.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)

Coming soon - pay to listen to the broadcast on radio.

QUOTE (toasty @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 11:54 PM)
Last I checked, radio personalities were employees of WSCR.... would they really want to bring on North?

I'm almost 100% sure that the actual broadcasters of the game(Farmer, DJ) are White Sox employees and the Score does not have a say in who is hired.

QUOTE (toasty @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 11:54 PM)
Last I checked, radio personalities were employees of WSCR.... would they really want to bring on North?

IIRC as part of the negotiations to be the Sox station the station has to agree to the announcers. The team would not want to sell the rights without that clause.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)

Please God, no. Farmer is one of my favorite things about the Sox, and adding that loudf*** loser would wreck havoc on my enjoyment of listening to him. It's easy to live with DJ or Singleton because they're like ambient noise, but Mike North would be like replacing that with a dozen jackhammers that don't know s*** about anything.

Kindly f*** off and go back to selling hot dogs, Mike North. Stay the hell away from the booth you uneducated piece of s***.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)

Ugh. I may actually have to cancel my MLB radio subscription.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 02:29 AM)
I'm almost 100% sure that the actual broadcasters of the game(Farmer, DJ) are White Sox employees and the Score does not have a say in who is hired.

that is correct. And I believe that Rogey is also a Sox employee when he does Pre and Post

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 05:45 AM)
IIRC as part of the negotiations to be the Sox station the station has to agree to the announcers. The team would not want to sell the rights without that clause.

I dont recall that, but seems reasonable.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000