All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues

Texsox

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 10:56 PM)
Honduras has a pretty easy schedule left and no way is Mexico coming away with a point in Costa Rica. No chance for third for them imo.

Panama vs Mexico in Azteca will be fun. If it's a tie, I wouldn't mind playing to a 0 0 tie with Panama for the US last match.

I don't see why Mexico can't even get a point at a Costa Rica side that's already qualified for the World Cup? Who knows what kind of squad they will bring.

Panama needs a tie at Azteca, which is a hell of a lot easier than the win they probably need before that late equalizer tonight. It's going to be fun down the stretch rooting against Mexico. Two matches left and Mexico can't even finish in the top 2. No one would have guessed that.

Oh and DOS A CERO! :usa

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 01:00 AM)
I don't see why Mexico can't even get a point at a Costa Rica side that's already qualified for the World Cup? Who knows what kind of squad they will bring.

Panama needs a tie at Azteca, which is a hell of a lot easier than the win they probably need before that late equalizer tonight. It's going to be fun down the stretch rooting against Mexico. Two matches left and Mexico can't even finish in the top 2. No one would have guessed that.

Anyone else think that Dempsey missed that late PK on purpose?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 02:00 AM)

The way Mexico has played against Central American teams over the years, winning 4, 5, 6-0, on field showmanship, knocking them out of WC's, etc....I'm sure Costa Rica will get up for that game knowing they can finally return the favor. Plus, I think Mexico's record in CR is about as poor as ours is

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 07:18 AM)
Anyone else think that Dempsey missed that late PK on purpose?

No. He's just not a good PK taker.

The pecking order for PKs for the US should be Donovan > Altidore > Bradley > Dempsey

What a pathetic Mexican National Team this current side is. :lol: Forget losing vs the US in American soil, that's understandable but not getting it done against, let's face it, crappy teams is what has sunk Mexico's chances at getting to the WC.

What an absolute disaster if Mexico doesn't qualify. Hundreds of millions of dollars is what the FEMEXFUT, Mexican television and other business tied to soccer will lose down here...OTOH, la seleccion nacional doesn't grab the ratings they once did, I watched half of the game last night because I had other stuff to do and there was a lot of people in the streets going about their business. I remember a time in the 90s when I lived here where any game by the National Team would leave the streets empty and everyone glued to their TVs, looks like those days are long gone, people down here are mostly meh about this team.

The Mexican soccer press is in full meltdown though :lolhitting

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

• 1 month later...
If this Panama/Mexico game ends up in a tie the U.S. should suit up 14 people from off the street for their game against Panama next week.

Mexico could very easily lose at CR and the goal differential is only 2 right now, so the US should still do this.

Qualified so far:

UEFA: Belgium, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland

CONMEBOL: Brazil, Argentina, Columbia

AFC: Iran, Japan, South Korea, Australia

CONCACAF: USA, Costa Rica

CAF home-and-home playoffs start today

Jordan will play home-and-home vs CONMEBOL 5th place

New Zealand will play home-and-home vs CONCACAF 4th place

Ecuador and Chile both need just a draw in their final game and play each other. They could just sit down together and have a picnic for 90 minutes.