2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
Trouble is, different reports have said that Adidas doesn't want Rose and Howard in the same city since that would hurt their marketing in every other major market.

At this point Orlando probably has to say f*** Adidas if they went the best deal for Howard.

LOL @ the Knicks being players again in this. And Tyson Chandler as a main chip? WTF ever. Too many people bought into the Chandler hype last season and forget about every season prior. Really good defensive player, extremely limited offensive player. Not elite.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 09:05 AM)
At this point Orlando probably has to say f*** Adidas if they went the best deal for Howard.

Can they really do that, if the deal is entirely dependent on Howard's willingness to sign an extension?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)
Can they really do that, if the deal is entirely dependent on Howard's willingness to sign an extension?

I think at the deadline Orlando will be looking to movie Howard for value, any value. A team like say, the Bulls, could say "Look, if you want to deal with us we can give you a great deal if he resigns with us(Deng/Noah/Charlottes pick/Bulls #1) or we can give you a lesser deal that is still quite valuable if he isnt willing to sign and that team(Bulls/Knicks/Warriors/whoever) can take the risk of acquiring him and making a title run and hoping to convince him to stay.

I think the longer this drags out and the more DH says it is unlikely to sign an extension, the less valuable the deal gets for Orlando so they will want to figure out who gives them the best deal, Adidas be damned.

If this league honestly gets to the point where shoe companies are dictating where players play, I really think my interest level will drop significantly.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:36 AM)
If this league honestly gets to the point where shoe companies are dictating where players play, I really think my interest level will drop significantly.

I can see it with Howard, only because he's an insecure b**** who can't think for himself.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
I think at the deadline Orlando will be looking to movie Howard for value, any value. A team like say, the Bulls, could say "Look, if you want to deal with us we can give you a great deal if he resigns with us(Deng/Noah/Charlottes pick/Bulls #1) or we can give you a lesser deal that is still quite valuable if he isnt willing to sign and that team(Bulls/Knicks/Warriors/whoever) can take the risk of acquiring him and making a title run and hoping to convince him to stay.

I think the longer this drags out and the more DH says it is unlikely to sign an extension, the less valuable the deal gets for Orlando so they will want to figure out who gives them the best deal, Adidas be damned.

Someone can tell me if I'm wrong though, but I'm 95% sure that the new CBA says it can't work that way...Howard can't sign an extension until this summer, he can't sign immediately upon being traded like Melo did, so the Bulls can't make an offer that is contingent upon Howard being extended next motnh.

Orlando could say that Howard is willing to sign an extension and he could leave anyway (Carlos Boozer says hi to Cleveland again)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:05 AM)
LOL @ the Knicks being players again in this. And Tyson Chandler as a main chip? WTF ever. Too many people bought into the Chandler hype last season and forget about every season prior. Really good defensive player, extremely limited offensive player. Not elite.

I posted how ridiculously overrated Tyson became overnight prior to the season started. The Knicks f***ing suck, by the way, J4L. Remember when you said the Knicks were better than the Bulls?

Yes, they f***ing suck.

Did anyone watch the portland/lakers game last night? I always have loved watching portland play, but felton and wallace have made them a really fun team to watch. Add to that their great crowd and it was a really fun game.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:24 AM)
Did anyone watch the portland/lakers game last night? I always have loved watching portland play, but felton and wallace have made them a really fun team to watch. Add to that their great crowd and it was a really fun game.

I said it last year when they traded for Wallace and I'll say it again. Steal of a trade for Portland. Didn't recognize Felton. Looked pudgy but fits that team nicely.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:24 AM)

I watched the 2nd half, since the game was not on League Pass due to TNT having it nationally and the 1st half wasn't shown due to that awful Heat/Hawks game lasting forever...

And yes, Ray Felt's fatass was moving the ball pretty well, and when Wallace is into the game he is really fun to watch. He was lights out last night. Kobe going down on his wrist looked like it hurt like a motherf***er. He's such a beast to keep playing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
Someone can tell me if I'm wrong though, but I'm 95% sure that the new CBA says it can't work that way...Howard can't sign an extension until this summer, he can't sign immediately upon being traded like Melo did, so the Bulls can't make an offer that is contingent upon Howard being extended next motnh.

Orlando could say that Howard is willing to sign an extension and he could leave anyway (Carlos Boozer says hi to Cleveland again)

Extension-and-trades are permitted, but the maximum length of any extended contract is three years and the annual increase is limited to 4.5%.

If a player signs an extension that exceeds this amount, the team may not trade that player for six months.

If a team acquires a player via trade, they may not sign the player to an extension for six months, and when they do sign him the extension may not exceed the contract term or dollar amount than what was permitted under the extension-and-trade clause.

The difference between guys like Rose/Kobe and Wade/Lebron is astounding. I just cant imagine Rose/Kobe sitting on the bench in a 3 overtime game unless their leg needed to be amputated. What I found striking last night was that Wade/Lebron could have dressed and played, but they seemed more concerned about wearing college professor outfits and cheering on the sideline.

At minimum youd expect them to dress and be ready just in case.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
The difference between guys like Rose/Kobe and Wade/Lebron is astounding. I just cant imagine Rose/Kobe sitting on the bench in a 3 overtime game unless their leg needed to be amputated. What I found striking last night was that Wade/Lebron could have dressed and played, but they seemed more concerned about wearing college professor outfits and cheering on the sideline.

Yes. If your foot/ankle injury is so f***ing bad why are you dancing and stomping around like a bafoon at the end of the bench? :chair

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
It could have been a coaching decision on injury risk vs. winning a game against the Hawks that won't really matter that much.

You really think any coach can hold out guys like Wade/Lebron if they want to play. I don't even think Larry Brown would be able to stop them if they wanted to play certainly not Spoelstra(sp?)

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
I said it last year when they traded for Wallace and I'll say it again. Steal of a trade for Portland. Didn't recognize Felton. Looked pudgy but fits that team nicely.

Entertaining game. The announcerns I had kept talking about how Portland has wanted to trade Wallace since they got him. He'd be nice on the Bulls since he can actually create offense and get to the line. Crawford was on fire.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
Entertaining game. The announcerns I had kept talking about how Portland has wanted to trade Wallace since they got him. He'd be nice on the Bulls since he can actually create offense and get to the line. Crawford was on fire.

Him and Deng would be somewhat redundant. But holy s*** we could have a great "bigs lineup" of Rose, Deng, Wallace, Boozer, and Noah. Subsitute Taj...and try to score a single bucket.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)

Post of the Newmanium.

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
I've got a promising first date scheduled for tonight that i'm now trying to think of a way out of... I'd rather watch the Bulls.

Has my fan-dom crossed over into something wrong, or do you guys deal with these tough decisions too?

p**** > sports