2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
From what I read on PFF...jake I encourage you to chime in here as I only saw first half stats...he's not that good against the run, he just really has a knack for getting to the QB which he would be able to do at DE as well. It's obviously a plus to have the kinda pressure he gets up the middle but I wouldn't be opposed to putting him on the outside and throwing another run stuffer in the middle with Paea.

Youre right. He rated near the top overall among 4-3 DTs, but virtually all of his value was tied up in his pass rushing. He had a great rate ofstopping the run when he had the opportunity, but they noted that he penetrated himself all the way out of the play too often on runs. The lineman they like second most is Idonije, though Peppers still earning high marks.

Edited by Jake

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
Well, Trestman shot down Jimmy Johnsons tweet. Wouldnt that suck for Trestman if he lost the job opportunity because JJ couldnt keep his mouth shut?

That's what I was telling my friend yesterday morning...either Trestman has the job or JJ just ruined any chance he had at getting it...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)
That's what I was telling my friend yesterday morning...either Trestman has the job or JJ just ruined any chance he had at getting it...

I think JJ definitely was ahead of his skis. From all accounts the Bears have their final interviews this week. Supposedly Trestman, Sullivan and McCoy are the top 3

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)
I think JJ definitely was ahead of his skis. From all accounts the Bears have their final interviews this week. Supposedly Trestman, Sullivan and McCoy are the top 3

I read yesterday morning that they had just interviewed Clements Thursday night, were going to interview Darrell Bevell Friday, and Bruce Arians over the weekend...so maybe that list is fluid still.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 11:15 AM)
I read yesterday morning that they had just interviewed Clements Thursday night, were going to interview Darrell Bevell Friday, and Bruce Arians over the weekend...so maybe that list is fluid still.

I am glad they are doing their homework, but I definitely want to see it come to a close quickly so the staff can be assembled. Although if McCoy is their guy, it will not be quick

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
I have felt they have been consistently overrated as superbowl contenders for quite some time. They are better than what we have seen(maybe a little bit), but we are told every year to watch out the Cowboys are back.

I wish there were not on TV so much. At one time NFL owners didn't need to have a spot light. My theory is when this happens, teams regress. I assume the owner's godlike attitude makes it very unappealing to valuable front office people such as scouts. The Cowboys use the have the best. If scouts weren't so silent, the things they could say about owners and even GMs.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
I wish there were not on TV so much. At one time NFL owners didn't need to have a spot light. My theory is when this happens, teams regress. I assume the owner's godlike attitude makes it very unappealing to valuable front office people such as scouts. The Cowboys use the have the best. If scouts weren't so silent, the things they could say about owners and even GMs.

Jerry always sought out the spotlight. But somewhere along the way he started believing he was the sole reason for success, and it wasnt a collaborative effort.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)

What about Dennison? I thought they interviewed him yesterday and he is the guy Cutler really wants.