2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 31, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
If my comments affected your life where you couldn't "enjoy life" as much ... wow. A message board affects your life??

Hal McRae made a living out of spiking a ton of second basemen and shortstops. It's part of the game.

I was thinking that was tank's ball, but no harm no foul.

I don't care if one players made a living out of it. He was a pretty good hitter so he had other things going for him.

Unnecessarily, injuring someone is not part of the game. It's idiotic and the reason that no one likes AJ. Sliding hard to knock someone over to prevent a double play is part of the game. Doing spikes up is not.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 31, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
I don't care if one players made a living out of it. He was a pretty good hitter so he had other things going for him.

Unnecessarily, injuring someone is not part of the game. It's idiotic and the reason that no one likes AJ. Sliding hard to knock someone over to prevent a double play is part of the game. Doing spikes up is not.

Greg is as much a homer as Hawk is - see his overreaction to Konerko getting beaned. No White Sox can do wrong, no opponent can do right.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2012 -> 08:09 AM)
The last man standing...

SoxNerd ‏@SoxNerd

There has been at least 1 active MLBer each yr since AT LEAST 1910 who appeared at #ComiskeyPark. #OmarVizquel is the only such man in 12

I'm sorry. What the hell does this mean?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
I'm sorry. What the hell does this mean?

I believe it means Omar is the last remaining player in MLB that has experienced playing in Old Comiskey

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
I guess that'd be the key word. It was still worded pretty badly, though.

Twitter certainly makes for some bad grammar and spelling

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 31, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Hal McRae made a living out of spiking a ton of second basemen and shortstops. It's part of the game.

Intent to injure by spiking...not part of the game.

But this post coming from a guy who was outraged that he thought someone threw at someone else with intent to injure - but that's not part of the game in his world.

Comical.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 01:03 AM)
Paulie got hit in the face with a pitch.

AJ slid hard into a base. If a player is in the way, s*** happens.

It's part of the game.

As always greg, you ignore the facts. Konerko got hit with a mistake, a splitter that Samardzija let go early.

Sliding hard into a base is not what AJ did. I think you haven't seen a replay of it, because if you did you wouldn't be saying what you are saying. Zobrist was standing behind the base, AJ slid in PAST THE BASE cleats up, and intentionally cleated Zobrist in the ankle/leg. That is not part of the game, that is bushleague bulls*** that breaks ankles and legs. AJ is our guy and all, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade, and that was most definitely a spade.

If that happened to one of the Sox players, you would be calling for MLB and God Ozzie to come down and smite the offender off the face of the planet.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 07:15 AM)
As always greg, you ignore the facts. Konerko got hit with a mistake, a splitter that Samardzija let go early.

Sliding hard into a base is not what AJ did. I think you haven't seen a replay of it, because if you did you wouldn't be saying what you are saying. Zobrist was standing behind the base, AJ slid in PAST THE BASE cleats up, and intentionally cleated Zobrist in the ankle/leg. That is not part of the game, that is bushleague bulls*** that breaks ankles and legs. AJ is our guy and all, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade, and that was most definitely a spade.

If that happened to one of the Sox players, you would be calling for MLB and God Ozzie to come down and smite the offender off the face of the planet.

:notworthy

There is no doubt it was intentional. Done the right way the player turns their legs sideways and rolls into the middle infielder, so as to not get their spikes into them, but to still get the take out slide.

That's the biggest thing. He's just beyond a homer at this point, that's all there is to it.

The next 44 games are going to be tough.

Felix, Romero, Wainwright, Lynn, Greinke, Gallardo, Kershaw, Capuano, and CC and Kuroda are possible. We'll also get Samardjia again, which should be fun.

Rangers and Jays at home before the break, and 10-game roadtrip right after the break, including 4 at Boston and 3 at Detroit.

It's going to be interesting to see what this team does from now until July 22. Peavy and Sale are legit 1-2 starters, but are health concerns. And then we have 3 other starters with ERAs over 5.00, with one of them on the DL.

The bullpen has been good enough, but is still very young.

The offense has really carried this team the last couple weeks, and that can't sustain forever. At some point, the starting pitching (Humber, Floyd, and Danks) will have to put up consistent quality starts. And when you consider what the Sox will be facing over the next 44 games, those starters better be ready to go once the offense cools off a little.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 09:45 AM)
The next 44 games are going to be tough.

Felix, Romero, Wainwright, Lynn, Greinke, Gallardo, Kershaw, Capuano, and CC and Kuroda are possible. We'll also get Samardjia again, which should be fun.

Rangers and Jays at home before the break, and 10-game roadtrip right after the break, including 4 at Boston and 3 at Detroit.

It's going to be interesting to see what this team does from now until July 22. Peavy and Sale are legit 1-2 starters, but are health concerns. And then we have 3 other starters with ERAs over 5.00, with one of them on the DL.

The bullpen has been good enough, but is still very young.

The offense has really carried this team the last couple weeks, and that can't sustain forever. At some point, the starting pitching (Humber, Floyd, and Danks) will have to put up consistent quality starts. And when you consider what the Sox will be facing over the next 44 games, those starters better be ready to go once the offense cools off a little.

44-0!!!

AJ cleated Zobrist. AJ was hit as retribution. Story over.

Something else happened that caused the "extra" to happen. Maybe Zobrist opened his mouth, maybe we're pissed about Gordon being hit, I don't know.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 31, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
Going with 7 Cardinals fans relatives to the game at Busch on the 12th.

I'm going the 12th & 13th. If the pitching rotation does not change, it looks like Danks and then Peavy.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
I'm going the 12th & 13th. If the pitching rotation does not change, it looks like Danks and then Peavy.

I may go the 13th as well. We'll see.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 12:15 PM)

You are right about one thing and wrong about another.

It was intentional on Paulie. Who is the pitcher who agreed with me? I forget right now, but wasn't it a pitcher or some national pundit who said Samarj hit Paulie on purpose.

I admit I did not see the AJ play. If I could get video I'd watch it. But I will say back in the day spikes up sliding was popular (Hal McRae and the like).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
You are right about one thing and wrong about another.

It was intentional on Paulie. Who is the pitcher who agreed with me? I forget right now, but wasn't it a pitcher or some national pundit who said Samarj hit Paulie on purpose.

I admit I did not see the AJ play. If I could get video I'd watch it. But I will say back in the day spikes up sliding was popular (Hal McRae and the like).

You and one person thinking it was intentional does not make it intentional.

Paulie got hit in the face accidentally, you need to get over it.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 11:46 PM)
You and one person thinking it was intentional does not make it intentional.

Paulie got hit in the face accidentally, you need to get over it.

He's like the kid who tries to pass off an internet blog as a reference in a paper. "I found this one guy who says that ducks are blue, and I think ducks are blue, so there."