Rays vs White Sox 2:10 CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
The Sox training staff says he'll be fine with an appropriate training, strengthening, and rehab regimen. I'll take their word unless i have a reason not to.

I think you're seeing what you want to see, Balta.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
It does make you wonder how they expect it to be totally healed within 2 weeks. Even balta agrees he needs to go on rehab assignment and show he can hit a little before being activated.

I bet this is part of a larger problem in his back. It always seems to be the case when talking about back injuries. But we'll wait and see.

Morel has swung defensively throughout his entire MLB career. The difference this year was contact. Last year he would hit it softly to second base...this year he misses entirely.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 28, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
I think you're seeing what you want to see, Balta.

I can go back a month or so and find posts where I was dumbfounded over why he was suddenly striking out this much, because he is a much better contact hitter than what we saw this year. The first week of the season and the 2 games right after he had that cortisone shot, he was actually lining outside pitches the opposite way. Every other time was maddeningly weak. If it's not entirely because of his back, then I'll be stunned.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
If it takes him extra effort to get down on the outside pitch, then he's going to have to commit early on anything outside, and that's going to kill his pitch recognition. Laying off everything outside isn't an option, he'll just strike out looking.

He was never this bad of a strikeout guy at any other point in his career, including last year. I was wondering for 3 weeks why. Then we saw him lining the outside pitch the other way for a game or two after he had that cortisone shot in his back, and it all made sense.

I don't agree ,learn what you can hit and what you can't hit ,if you're aced on the outside corner so be it. Take some walks. You're more valuable on base then on the bench.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 28, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
I don't agree ,learn what you can hit and what you can't hit ,if you're aced on the outside corner so be it. Take some walks. You're more valuable on base then on the bench.

"Don't swing at anything on the outside half" isn't an option when pitchers are happy to throw everything to guys out there. Batters have to cover those pitches to be able to force the pitcher to go inside.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
I can go back a month or so and find posts where I was dumbfounded over why he was suddenly striking out this much, because he is a much better contact hitter than what we saw this year. The first week of the season and the 2 games right after he had that cortisone shot, he was actually lining outside pitches the opposite way. Every other time was maddeningly weak. If it's not entirely because of his back, then I'll be stunned.

Oh I remember your posts...but the thing is, you've defended him unconditionally for two years...so it's just an bit difficult to buy into this...I mean, when a guy goes as bad as Morel, it could be almost anything...it changes on a daily basis.