Aj voted most hated player in MLB

southsider2k5

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Maybe the votes against Ozzie were misunderstood. Heath Bell means no disrespect.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,3301758.story

Why didn't Ozzie just leave him in the game, it was 10-2? Bell sucks anyhow, you're not going to shatter his confidence by letting the Red Sox score a few runs off him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)
Greg, do you really think many of the players give a s*** about Ozzie's Castro comments anyways?

Alexei seemed like he didn't give two s***s about it...and he's from Cuba.

I am a little confused on the Ozzie vote. It could mean that Oz is a joke, poor manager, not liked, and not respected because of it. Or, it could mean he is much better than he is given credit for and the delta between the respect he deserves and what he receives, is greater than any other manager.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
I am a little confused on the Ozzie vote. It could mean that Oz is a joke, poor manager, not liked, and not respected because of it. Or, it could mean he is much better than he is given credit for and the delta between the respect he deserves and what he receives, is greater than any other manager.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Which manager do you respect the least, Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)

The latter would mean that he's underrated, which is definitely NOT the case.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 07:12 AM)
That's some pretty lousy "proof." Ozzie is terrible, greg. Just let it go.

I do not understand, truly do not, how you guys can despise a man that led the White Sox to the only World Series we are gonna win in our lifetimes. Chicago baseball historically is that bad and does NOT figure to change anytime soon. Do you realize how tough it is to win a WS? He was our leader.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
Buehrle playing for the Marlins proves only that he likes money.

I call B.S. He could have gone elsewhere and would have if he disliked Ozzie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
I do not understand, truly do not, how you guys can despise a man that led the White Sox to the only World Series we are gonna win in our lifetimes. Chicago baseball historically is that bad and does NOT figure to change anytime soon. Do you realize how tough it is to win a WS? He was our leader.

Nobody else will offer him his number * 1,000,000. Not even close. C.J. Wilson got less money than him and Wilson is a superior pitcher.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)

I don't think you'll find many (if any) people on this site that won't give Ozzie credit for 2005. It was the team, and it was him. But you constantly talk out of both sides of your mouth. When it comes to Ozzie, he had/has so much to do with a team's success. Otherwise, you say the manager doesn't have that much of an effect on a team. I believe that the 2005 White Sox could have won the WS with another manager. Not any manager, but there were other managers or potential managers that could have led that team to vicory.

It was the last couple years (and so far this year in Miami) that Ozzie has lost a lot of respect. Publicly fighting with his GM, allowing his dumbass kid to run rampant and start s***, making stupid comment after stupid comment, and then there's the whole quitting on his team. And that was all before his comments about Castro.

And don't be so quick to say that the Sox will never win another WS in our lifetimes. This team and its future are looking better. They have a competent manager. And their chances of making the playoffs are decent every year because of the division. Once they get to the playoffs, you never know what will hapen.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:27 PM)
Was this poll taken after Oz's comments about Castro?

Then it's poorly timed.

When would have been a better time? After he called someone a "f*****" on the radio? After he declined a visit to the White House? Or maybe after he b****ed about Asians getting preferential treatment? Wait, how about after he said he was drunk during his White Sox interview?

There isn't a "good time" to do a poll about Ozzie to get the results you want, Greg. The dude get no respect for a reason.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 07:27 PM)
I don't think you'll find many (if any) people on this site that won't give Ozzie credit for 2005. It was the team, and it was him. But you constantly talk out of both sides of your mouth. When it comes to Ozzie, he had/has so much to do with a team's success. Otherwise, you say the manager doesn't have that much of an effect on a team. I believe that the 2005 White Sox could have won the WS with another manager. Not any manager, but there were other managers or potential managers that could have led that team to vicory.

It was the last couple years (and so far this year in Miami) that Ozzie has lost a lot of respect. Publicly fighting with his GM, allowing his dumbass kid to run rampant and start s***, making stupid comment after stupid comment, and then there's the whole quitting on his team. And that was all before his comments about Castro.

And don't be so quick to say that the Sox will never win another WS in our lifetimes. This team and its future are looking better. They have a competent manager. And their chances of making the playoffs are decent every year because of the division. Once they get to the playoffs, you never know what will hapen.

Fair post.

I'm not saying Oz does not have flaws. He did do things to cause some fans to lose respect for him. But I believe it takes 2 to tango and a lot of it was caused by KW as well. My own personal opinion is KW sucked up to Jerry and won that battle vs. Ozzie, pure and simple. Good for Kenny. He won.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
Fair post.

I'm not saying Oz does not have flaws. He did do things to cause some fans to lose respect for him. But I believe it takes 2 to tango and a lot of it was caused by KW as well. My own personal opinion is KW sucked up to Jerry and won that battle vs. Ozzie, pure and simple. Good for Kenny. He won.

The facts say that Ozzie went to Jerry with his hat in his hand asking for more money and years, knowing that he could use the Marlins deal as leverage, while he had another year on his current deal. And none of that had to do with KW.

But why would you let facts get in the way of your opinion

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
The latter would mean that he's underrated, which is definitely NOT the case.

I'm not too certain about that. He is about the lowest rated manager by most posters here, yet the Marlins and their fans were practically dancing in the streets to get him. They valued him much higher than Sox fans. So it seems like we underrated him compared to Marlin ownership and fans. At least when he was announced as their manager. In reality they probably overrated him and we underrated him. Time will tell who was closer to reality.