2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 11, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2767499:date=Mar 10, 2013 -> 10:05 PM:name=buhbuhburrrrlz)-->
QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 10, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
<!--quotec-->

love the kids reactions :)

Poor Brandon Knight.

Classic case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 06:20 PM)
Classic case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Eh, if he got out of the way he wouldn't have caused a foul, and it would have been a 2 pt play.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Eh, if he got out of the way he wouldn't have caused a foul, and it would have been a 2 pt play.

I refuse to believe that DeAndre Jordan actually made the free throw that followed.

For those who were close to burning some Derrick Rose jerseys a few weeks ago, Derrick also cleared the air by saying Reggie is entitled to his own opinions about the team, whatever he said about the team, that's him, while he himself still backs the organization.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 01:00 AM)
For those who were close to burning some Derrick Rose jerseys a few weeks ago, Derrick also cleared the air by saying Reggie is entitled to his own opinions about the team, whatever he said about the team, that's him, while he himself still backs the organization.

Of course Derrick said that. He is maintaining his public image while letting Reggie speak on how they truly feel.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 06:44 AM)
Agree with you 100%. Anybody that doesn't think Reggie is Derrick's puppet is a fool.

You can call me a fool, but Reggie and Derrick have had totally different reputations forever. It is entirely possible Reggie is taking advantage of Derrick's fame, thinking his opinion matters and spouting it to anyone who will listen to him. Derrick is the little brother. He defers to Reggie. It doesn't necessarily mean what Reggie says Derrick thinks. It seems Reggie tells Derrick what to do and say, not the other way around.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 07:49 AM)
You can call me a fool, but Reggie and Derrick have had totally different reputations forever. It is entirely possible Reggie is taking advantage of Derrick's fame, thinking his opinion matters and spouting it to anyone who will listen to him. Derrick is the little brother. He defers to Reggie. It doesn't necessarily mean what Reggie says Derrick thinks. It seems Reggie tells Derrick what to do and say, not the other way around.

Derrick's the one with the money. Reggie works for Derrick. Reggie may have the I.Q. of a piece of construction paper, but I think he's at least smart enough to realize he can't risk pissing Derrick off or the gravy train is over.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 08:04 AM)
Derrick's the one with the money. Reggie works for Derrick. Reggie may have the I.Q. of a piece of construction paper, but I think he's at least smart enough to realize he can't risk pissing Derrick off or the gravy train is over.

Logically that would make sense, but Reggie Rose has always been sort of a jerk. He's not going to change now. Derrick said he has his back because they are brothers. I have a brother who I don't always agree with but I have his back and he has mine. Sometimes blood is thicker than money, and I also doubt Derrick is really running the show. All the reporters talk about his "handlers". Derrick is a great basketball player, but as everyone knows, if you needed someone to take the ACT for you, he's not your guy. If Derrick isn't playing because the team around him isn't strong enough, do you really think that would be something Derrick would come up with and would tell Reggie to get it out? I think it is far more likely it would be something Reggie would plant in Derrick's head. Derrick is living Reggie's dream. Reggie is going to try to be as significant as he can be.

Edited by Dick Allen

Since your point guard is too afraid to come back from an ACL injury, you should enjoy this gif of a real point guard:

rickyyousofine.gif

time to see how many hilarious replies I get

Edited by Felix

If Reggie was repeatedly going rogue and pissing Derrick off, Derrick would say he's entitled to his opinion and speaks for himself. If Derrick was having Reggie be his Obama-style anger translator, he'd say Reggie is entitled to his opinion and speak for himself. We don't learn anything on that topic from what Derrick says.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 09:36 AM)
If Reggie was repeatedly going rogue and pissing Derrick off, Derrick would say he's entitled to his opinion and speaks for himself. If Derrick was having Reggie be his Obama-style anger translator, he'd say Reggie is entitled to his opinion and speak for himself. We don't learn anything on that topic from what Derrick says.

If it really bothered Derrick, he'd threaten to cut Reggie's ass off, and we wouldn't hear from him again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 09:37 AM)
If it really bothered Derrick, he'd threaten to cut Reggie's ass off, and we wouldn't hear from him again.

I don't know. Reggie has always had influence on Derrick. The other thing is, how do you know Derrick didn't say exactly that after the comments? If Derrick's real reason he hasn't come back is because of the roster, why doesn't he say that, and what purpose does having Reggie say it serve? The Bulls are over the cap. It's not like they can go out and sign whoever Reggie wants them to sign.

Derrick is a playing basketball genius. I don't know if he really is intelligent enough to be as calculating as some are suggesting. He might think his brother is a smart guy. Smarter than him, and just defer.

Edited by Dick Allen

Well we haven't heard from him.

With that said, I'm sure Derrick loves and trusts his brother and probably doesn't have as much leverage as you would think since he is probably unwilling to actually cut off his own flesh and blood.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 06:44 AM)
Agree with you 100%. Anybody that doesn't think Reggie is Derrick's puppet is a fool.

I think you are the fool here. Like other mentioned here, Reggie Rose comes across as a jerk who speaks whatever on his mind. But over the last 4 years, Derrick has never shown any disrespect towards anyone in the organization or anyone in the league for that matter. He has always had the quiet, laidback personallity. Saying whatever Reggie has said is out of character for him. I think it's highly unfair to question his character based on what Reggie said, unless the words come out of his own mouth I think you are fooling yourself.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
I think you are the fool here. Like other mentioned here, Reggie Rose comes across as a jerk who speaks whatever on his mind. But over the last 4 years, Derrick has never shown any disrespect towards anyone in the organization or anyone in the league for that matter. He has always had the quiet, laidback personallity. Saying whatever Reggie has said is out of character for him. I think it's highly unfair to question his character based on what Reggie said, unless the words come out of his own mouth I think you are fooling yourself.

Thing that bothers me is that while Derrick did come out and say that those were Reggie's opinion he never said that Reggie was wrong.

I think you need to stop making general statements without taking into account who Derrick Rose is as a person.

We all know family comes first in the Rose family, because of everything they been through in Rose's upbringing. You also have to remember the impact Reggie has have in Rose's life. This is the guy who looked after him his entire life and even took over his AAU team so his brother could play.

That being said, that doesn't mean they have the same personality and same opinion.

And the fact that Rose hasn't told Reggie's ass off for giving his family a bad rep also goes to show you he will not disrespect his family, and logically his organization. That's not who he is as a person.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
Thing that bothers me is that while Derrick did come out and say that those were Reggie's opinion he never said that Reggie was wrong.

He did say at the end of the interview that the organization has done a good job of putting pieces around him. I mean he did say that's Reggie's opinion, and you wouldn't say someone's opinion is wrong right?