2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
Thing that bothers me is that while Derrick did come out and say that those were Reggie's opinion he never said that Reggie was wrong.

He did say he was and the Bulls goals were the same. Reggie mentioned the Bulls were all about selling tickets:

“I have always felt that the Bulls organization’s goals have been the same as mine and that is to bring another championship to this city.”

Derrick is never going to throw his brother under the bus. I wish he would, and maybe Reggie has a point, at least with Asik and Korver . They are the guys they could have kept and paid more luxury tax. Hindsight says Asik probably is now worth the money. I don't think many thought he was worth the money, let alone the extra tax when he left. But how much better would they really be? Could Noah and Asik play at the same time?

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are underrating the idea that:

Reggie has a very famous brother everyone wants to talk to, and gets all the attention. Suddenly Rose stops speaking with media. Desperate media starts banging on Reggies door. Reggie, enjoying the attention, starts spouting his mouth off. With Rose quiet, and Reggie starting a controversy, even more media are now pounding on Reggies door. Reggie is a household name.

He's spouting b.s. cause he wants attention.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
I think you need to stop making general statements without taking into account who Derrick Rose is as a person.

We all know family comes first in the Rose family, because of everything they been through in Rose's upbringing. You also have to remember the impact Reggie has have in Rose's life. This is the guy who looked after him his entire life and even took over his AAU team so his brother could play.

That being said, that doesn't mean they have the same personality and same opinion.

And the fact that Rose hasn't told Reggie's ass off for giving his family a bad rep also goes to show you he will not disrespect his family, and logically his organization. That's not who he is as a person.

Do you know Derrick personally? Because I know I don't. I've always heard he was a class act and family man and blah, blah, blah, but then he did have somebody take the SAT for him so he could get into Memphis. So honestly I really don't know what to think about his moral fiber.

Bottom line is that I'm just getting sick and tired of this crap. He really needs to ass out there and play. He's to the point of no higher risk of re-injury and he says he has no limitations. What the hell is the problem? He's never going to have his confidence back until he actually gets out and plays. I think he's just afraid to fail and I don't like that. He's the biggest superstar in Chicago since Jordan, and if I were to ask myself would Jordan being playing by now if all circustances were the same, I know the answer would be yes.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 04:47 PM)
Do you know Derrick personally? Because I know I don't. I've always heard he was a class act and family man and blah, blah, blah, but then he did have somebody take the SAT for him so he could get into Memphis. So honestly I really don't know what to think about his moral fiber.

Bottom line is that I'm just getting sick and tired of this crap. He really needs to ass out there and play. He's to the point of no higher risk of re-injury and he says he has no limitations. What the hell is the problem? He's never going to have his confidence back until he actually gets out and plays. I think he's just afraid to fail and I don't like that. He's the biggest superstar in Chicago since Jordan, and if I were to ask myself would Jordan being playing by now if all circustances were the same, I know the answer would be yes.

Jordan retired in his prime and denied bulls fans 2 years of play to figure his s*** out.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 11:47 AM)

I agree he needs to play, but let's face it, you asking if someone knows Derrick personally because of their opinion is no different than asking if you know him personally considering you said anyone who thinks Reggie is not Derrick's puppet is a fool. From all accounts, Reggie is the dominant one in their relationship. Also keep in mind, BJ Armstrong is Derrick's agent. Considering his Bulls connection, I really doubt he would advise having Reggie spout something like what he did off, and if the Bulls aren't about winning and all about making money, why didn't they ask Reggie considering Adidas is paying DRose somewhere around $200 million, why they signed a max contract when taking less could have helped with the talent level around him. Reggie is an idiot. Most people know this. Derrick doesn't, or at least won't publicly acknowledge it. It's sort of like Ozzie and Oney. It could be you are right and Reggie is just saying what Derrick says in private. I just think there's a better chance its Reggie Rose trying to be significant.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 11:47 AM)

Proof?

I don't know him personally. But judging from what he has said and done so far in his career, my analysis is far more plausible than what you have thrown out there, which apparently stems from your lack of patience to await his return. Too many people expected him to return by January, or after ASB, and March hits, there's a chance he's not coming back this year at all so people are just getting frustrated because they won't see him play this year.

He is physically cleared to play, but no one knows his body except for him. His biggest issue right now is he's not able to put too much pressure on his left knee mentally, which leads to overcompensation of other parts of his body, i.e. hamstring. That's also why he's experiencing burning hamstring after practice. This will actually lead to a higher chance of injuring other parts of his body if this continues on. So while his knee has healed, he needs to be mentally be able to use his knee the "Derrick Rose way" before he should come back and play. People are comparing his injury to Shump Rubio and AP, but just go look at a Derrick Rose jump cut, he puts pressure on his knee far more than others do. If he's not able to do the things he's able do before, then he should not come back.

I am one of the few people who actually appreciates his maturity in handling his return. He could have just made decision like any other headstrong young kid and rush back to play before he's fully ready, but now he's making sure he's taking the safe approach for the long term interest of the orgranization and the fan base.

Grow some patience man. You will appreciate this when he's fully healthy again in the future.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 12:18 PM)
Proof?

I don't know him personally. But judging from what he has said and done so far in his career, my analysis is far more plausible than what you have thrown out there, which apparently stems from your lack of patience to await his return. Too many people expected him to return by January, or after ASB, and March hits, there's a chance he's not coming back this year at all so people are just getting frustrated because they won't see him play this year.

He is physically cleared to play, but no one knows his body except for him. His biggest issue right now is he's not able to put too much pressure on his left knee mentally, which leads to overcompensation of other parts of his body, i.e. hamstring. That's also why he's experiencing burning hamstring after practice. This will actually lead to a higher chance of injuring other parts of his body if this continues on. So while his knee has healed, he needs to be mentally be able to use his knee the "Derrick Rose way" before he should come back and play. People are comparing his injury to Shump Rubio and AP, but just go look at a Derrick Rose jump cut, he puts pressure on his knee far more than others do. If he's not able to do the things he's able do before, then he should not come back.

I am one of the few people who actually appreciates his maturity in handling his return. He could have just made decision like any other headstrong young kid and rush back to play before he's fully ready, but now he's making sure he's taking the safe approach for the long term interest of the orgranization and the fan base.

Grow some patience man. You will appreciate this when he's fully healthy again in the future.

Thing is, if he waits until he's at the point he was before and without any discomfort, he'll be out for 18+ months. He's never going to know until he actually plays.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
Thing is, if he waits until he's at the point he was before and without any discomfort, he'll be out for 18+ months. He's never going to know until he actually plays.

I tend to agree with you. It's kind of like not wanting to jump in a pool because it's cold when you know you will have to anyway. Just get in. If he's good to go medically, he might as well play. That's the quickest way he will get back to full strength. It will also be the easiest way to see exactly where he is at and how far he needs to go over the summer. Sitting the rest of the year, IMO, would be doing himself, not even considering the Bulls, a disservice.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 12:49 PM)
To compare getting over a knee injury to being suspended by the league for excessive gambling is a little ridiculous.

Fixed

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
I think you need to stop making general statements without taking into account who Derrick Rose is as a person.

We all know family comes first in the Rose family, because of everything they been through in Rose's upbringing. You also have to remember the impact Reggie has have in Rose's life. This is the guy who looked after him his entire life and even took over his AAU team so his brother could play.

That being said, that doesn't mean they have the same personality and same opinion.

And the fact that Rose hasn't told Reggie's ass off for giving his family a bad rep also goes to show you he will not disrespect his family, and logically his organization. That's not who he is as a person.

Exactly. It doesn't bother him enough to actually do something about it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 10:34 AM)
So, um, are the Heat ever going to lose again?

I remember when Jeff Van Gundy made all those predictions about the Heat. "They will break the single-season win record [of 72],'' Jeff Van Gundy said. "And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72]"

They certainly are playing like it now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 02:40 PM)
Exactly. It doesn't bother him enough to actually do something about it.

This is becoming a pointless argument. So now you're criticizing him for not telling his brother to STFU, instead of accusing him of using Reggie's mouth to call out the organization, when he just came out and said the organization has done a good job so far. People these days.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
I remember when Jeff Van Gundy made all those predictions about the Heat. "They will break the single-season win record [of 72],'' Jeff Van Gundy said. "And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72]"

They certainly are playing like it now.

I think the Celtics superteam fooled us a bit. Evidently it takes a bit for these kind of teams to figure each other out. The Lakers are playing loads better than when they started as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
I think the Celtics superteam fooled us a bit. Evidently it takes a bit for these kind of teams to figure each other out. The Lakers are playing loads better than when they started as well.

Which makes the '11 conference finals loss all the more painful. That was the year to get Miami. Now that they've figured it out, it's ova.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 12:18 PM)
Proof?

The reason his hamstrings are burning is that strengthening and learning control of them is a major focus of ACL rehab. The ACL prevents the tibia from gliding forward on the femur. The hamstring pull the tibia posterior ,thus they assist in preventing ACL injury/re-injury. He is getting a great deal of hamstring work during rehab thus they will "burn" when worked even more during practice. He is not overcompensating with them, he is supposed to do that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)

I still remember waking up one day with SportsCenter on before the season started and they were discussing what kind of season to expect from the Lake Show. They were all saying it would be very bad at first and they'd come on strong later. I remember one guy (I'm thinking Ric Bucher) in particular stressing that they must not panic if things are disfunctional early, since there were so many new and significant parts. Then the Lakers get lit up in their first game and these same assholes are shouting about how OH MY GOD THIS IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN WE EXPECTED. The worst part is that LA believed this frenzy...fired their coach, played along with the daily drama...silliness.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 07:32 PM)
Which makes the '11 conference finals loss all the more painful. That was the year to get Miami. Now that they've figured it out, it's ova.

I honestly believe last year was the year to beat them in the ECF.