First Half in Review...

Cali

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
I'm more worried about Paulie. Someone earlier today said they couldn't remember the last time he had a hit that mattered. I agree with that, he's been turrible in the clutch this year.

The Dunn/PK duo is not thrilling my body recently

Dunn I have absolutely no faith in. He hits the occaissional home run / walks, but seems to come up with fewer good at bats, when it counts than anyone else, especially for a #3 hitter.

Konerko I have heard was hurt, and evidently still is. I don't know what the problem is and evidently he can play through it, but really needs to get well. Our #3 - 4 hitters are pretty bad right now.

I really hope that neither one of them plays in the All Star game, and just rests. If it wasn't for Youkilis, instead of a 5 - 1 homestand, we would of probably had a 2 - 4 homestand.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
In one word: Entertaining

Constants: PK and Thornton

Welcome Back: Peavy, Rios and Dunn

Pleasant Surprises: AJ, De Aza, and Tank

Youk: Youk

Almost There: Alexei, Beckham, Floyd

Young Guns: Sale, Quintana, Reed, Jones, Santiago, etc

Addition by Subtraction: Ohman, Stewart, Fukudome

Great post.

Did anybody pick up Fuko?

DeAza may be my new favorite Sox player.

My grades

3B - Youk, A

SS - Lexi C

2B - Beckham C

1B - Paulie A

C - AJ A

LF - Tank B

CF - DeAza B

RF Rios A

DH - Dunn A-

Pitchers: Sale A, Humber C (for a guy who pitched a perfect game), Danks (Inc), Floyd C, Peavy (A), Q (B), Thornton (B-), Reed (A), Crain (C to C-), Nate (B), I'm sure I'm forgetting some guys.

Robin (A)

We have a lot of guys having good seasons when you think about it.

Hopefully the team is ready to kick some ass in the Cell after last homestand to go with the steady road play.

Edited by greg775

If I told you in March that...

-the Sox starters before/after the AS break would be Dylan Axelrod & Jose Quintana

-Axelrod would be relieved in that game by Omogrosso, Septimo, Jones, & Santiago

-Dunn was hitting .208

-KW picked up two old, "washed-up" veterans to play 3B

-two of the Sox original starters have ERAs upward of 5.70

How many of you would have the Sox in 1st place at this point?

Amazing.

This team has been fun to watch. The chemistry is there for sure. Robin is doing such a great job with this bunch. If Floyd, Beckham and Ramirez can get going- this team has the make up to be scary good. And who is this Rios guy? The man is playing like he is possessed!

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
ESPN can suck it. When they're not busy fellating the BoSox or Yankees, they look at the central and only see the Tigers.

Which honestly is fine with me.

I'm 90% that ESPN hates the White Sox and Bulls. It seems like every opposing player highlight reel is against them.

We swept the Rangers and won a series against the Blue Jays, but unfortunately that was only worth moving up 1 spot in ESPN's power rankings :(

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings

It looks like for the most part, they have ranked the teams in order of winning percentage, in which case they should just call it "standings" instead of "rankings".

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
ESPN can suck it. When they're not busy fellating the BoSox or Yankees, they look at the central and only see the Tigers.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
I'm 90% that ESPN hates the White Sox and Bulls. It seems like every opposing player highlight reel is against them.

They must be pulling their hair out hating on the White Sox with a former Red Sox favorite tearing it up.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
They must be pulling their hair out hating on the White Sox with a former Red Sox favorite tearing it up.

I think it's more abut indifference than hate. One analyst will do a superficial summary of the Sox and thousands will repeat it enough to make it seem true. Seriously, unless everything that could possibly go wrong with the Sox went wrong, no one with a brain would predict 67-95. But one dope made this prediction and everyone else fell in line.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 10:13 AM)

"Fellating"?? Does that mean what I think it does? I have never seen that one before, hope you don't sue me if I use it.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
Yeah no kidding I'd say A+ for that guy. What more could you want out of him, considering?

So I screwed one up.

Only one complaint in all my grades is pretty good.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)

Under the radar is perfect. Let the media focus their hype on others, or fellate them :lolhitting , keep the head down and chip away at the job at hand.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
So I screwed one up.

Only one complaint in all my grades is pretty good.

Not only one, most obvious one. The fact you gave Humber a C because of one game is ridiculous. Guy deserves a big F, maybe you can say D- because of that one game.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 04:19 AM)
Not only one, most obvious one. The fact you gave Humber a C because of one game is ridiculous. Guy deserves a big F, maybe you can say D- because of that one game.

I'd say F+. He passes, but barely.