Dempster to Rangers

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:59 PM)
Rosenthal said no from the yankees

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
source says dempster changed his mind 1 minute later, told #cubs he was blindsided by finding out about trade by #agent, will now veto #yankees trade

LMAO i was kidding

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
Couldn't we have matched this offer? Hope Hempster does bad with the Ringers.

what part of "HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE WHITE SOX" doesnt make sense to you? Let me put it in SOG format

Ryansterski doesnt want to play for fly snazzysox

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
Good deal for the Cubs. Say what you want, but Theo is doin' things. Still a long ways to go. But it's hard not to like what he's assembled so far: Rizzo, Solar, Vizcaino + Texas deal.

He didn't draft him, but it sounds like Javier Baez is blowing up this season

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
Good deal for the Cubs. Say what you want, but Theo is doin' things. Still a long ways to go. But it's hard not to like what he's assembled so far: Rizzo, Solar, Vizcaino + Texas deal.

When did Theo acquire the Sun?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
what part of "HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE WHITE SOX" doesnt make sense to you? Let me put it in SOG format

:lolhitting

Absolutely love this post.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)

I cannot imagine any player not wanting to play with the White Sox. He must be pure evil.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)

And I hope they fail gloriously.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)

And I hope they fail gloriously.

Of course. I'm just saying if you look at it objectively (aka, not that whatever the cubs do sucks because they're the cubs), he's doing a good job so far. Getting Vizcaino was pure robbery.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
I guess you don't want to watch our starting pitcher tomorrow then

You are talking about Peavy? Well he knew that he was injured. His intentions were to help the White Sox. Lol. Well he eventually came and is glad that he came.

For the record, the only time he ever said that was in a joke. So regardless of what you may think of it, there was no real reason to believe it was true. He may or may not have been willing, we'll never know.

Okay, so this trade isn't that great. Villanueva is a solid prospect, but is only in high A ball and is still a project. He isn't anything special. The Kyle Hendricks guy is a minor league pitcher. I'd be absolutely shocked if he did anything in the majors. He'll be 23 this year, is in high A ball, has a high 80s fastball, and gives up a lot of hits for that level (almost a hit/inning). Lefties are hitting .353 against him. In high A.

This trade was fine because they had to get rid of Dempster, but it's meh. The Maholm trade was obviously much better for the Cubs.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
Okay, so this trade isn't that great. Villanueva is a solid prospect, but is only in high A ball and is still a project. He isn't anything special. The Kyle Hendricks guy is a minor league pitcher. I'd be absolutely shocked if he did anything in the majors. He'll be 23 this year, is in high A ball, has a high 80s fastball, and gives up a lot of hits for that level (almost a hit/inning). Lefties are hitting .353 against him. In high A.

This trade was fine because they had to get rid of Dempster, but it's meh. The Maholm trade was obviously much better for the Cubs.

Christian Villanueva just turned 20 last month. He's more than holding his own. Kyle Hendricks is a minor league pitcher? Really? You could've fooled me. This isn't a steal for the Cubs by any means. All things considered, they did well.

My bad. 21. Point still the same.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
Of course. I'm just saying if you look at it objectively (aka, not that whatever the cubs do sucks because they're the cubs), he's doing a good job so far. Getting Vizcaino was pure robbery.

It was a good trade, but I would hardly call it robbery. Vizcaino by most accounts will end up in the bullpen. IF that's the case, when did people start getting that excited about bullpen arms?

QUOTE (shakes @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)
It was a good trade, but I would hardly call it robbery. Vizcaino by most accounts will end up in the bullpen. IF that's the case, when did people start getting that excited about bullpen arms?

I dunno, but it means we have a top farm system.

8124_b55e.gif

QUOTE (shakes @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)

Even if he ends up in the bullpen...Reed Johnson and Paul Maholm? Are you serious? There's absolutely no risk here and plenty reward to be had.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
Even if he ends up in the bullpen...Reed Johnson and Paul Maholm? Are you serious? There's absolutely no risk here and plenty reward to be had.

I get that. That's why I said it was a good trade. In my eyes, some have gotten too excited. I wouldn't call it robbery. We are reminded around here time and time again, that the White Sox farm contributions haven't been that big of a deal because they are bullpen arms. Goldstein was adamant today that Vizcaino will be a bullpen arm, and he is coming off TJ surgery. I will hold my enthusiasm.

QUOTE (shakes @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 04:51 PM)
I get that. That's why I said it was a good trade. In my eyes, some have gotten too excited. I wouldn't call it robbery. We are reminded around here time and time again, that the White Sox farm contributions haven't been that big of a deal because they are bullpen arms. Goldstein was adamant today that Vizcaino will be a bullpen arm, and he is coming off TJ surgery. I will hold my enthusiasm.

Lord Theo made the trade, it will be spun as a steal.

I think the Cubs did good getting return for vets that have zero reason to be on that team at this point, but not getting Delgado from Braves or either of the two top guys they wanted from the LAD probably wasn't ideal and Dempster directly held that up, specficially the Braves.

cuBS haven't hit bottom yet. This is great news. No Dumpster, Malholm, Johnson, Soto. And sorianos and garza probably gone soon. They should suck even more next year. Meaningless games for the cuBS for awhile. Just chances to get experience for their young players. No guarantee their rebuilding will work.

Oh yeah and they have a crumpling stadium. They need to rebuild that as well.

This is a good time for us to be winning. let's keep it up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)

If you want to be objective, then let's point out some of their bad moves. Stewart for Colvin looks like a terrible move at this point. Concepcion has been an epically bad signing. They've made some good moves, especially Rizzo for Cashner, but let's not pretend they've been perfect.

Theo & Jed still have a long, long road ahead of them. We'll see how good they truly are by how quickly the Cubs become competitive again.