Ozzie Guillen, fired

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)
No offense, but that Stark stuff didn't cover much ground. He mentioned the Castro stuff a lot. Loria is insane. A lot of owners are insane but this guy is the worst. I wish the Miami media would write about the real reason Ozzie got axed. You guys think I'm full of it, but Ozzie is gone because he called out Loria. He ripped him and said that thing about "why have so many managers been here?" That was it. Oz was gone after that. I hope Ozzie blasts Loria in his exit interviews with the media or at least cracks a joke about how he'd like to thank Loria for paying him for 3 years for no work.

Loria couldn't deal with the idea of looking at Ozzie one more day after Oz called him out. It's going to be tough for Oz to get another job cause he won't kiss ass. I hope he comes back to the Sox as an announcer immediately if he doesn't get the KC job.

I hope the Royals get rid of Yost and hire Ozzie. He'd be perfect with a young team and it'd re-energize his career. I think it'd be a great marriage. Now don't you all say this proves I'm a Royals fan. I'm not. It kills me when the Sox get owned head to head by KC. But I do live here and I'd love to see Oz here.

He gets the last laugh in Miami. All that money and he doesn't have to work for Loria and his yes men relatives anymore.

No offense, but you only listen to what you want to hear about Ozzie.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
To the Ozzie haters out there. Seriously. How many men in this kiss-ass-to-get-ahead world would have the guts to say this to the man who signs the checks?

From Passon's excelent article on Yahoo. ...

Yeah, and?: Well, one of our former managers, Fredi Gonzalez, told the Miami Herald: "There’s not a manager dead or alive that Jeffrey thinks is good enough. Not Connie Mack, not anyone." Even Ozzie, when still employed, zinged Jeffrey good: "Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many [expletive] managers come through here."

It got him fired but should make Ozzie a hero to the working class stiffs of America who can't tell their rich prick clueless bosses to f*** off.

Those working class stiffs spend their hard-earned money on tickets that help pay Ozzie's million dollar salary, yet he has talked s*** about the fans, his teams underperform, and he admits that he doesn't do s*** at the stadium and doesn't really care either. Yes, what a hero to the lower class worker.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)
Those working class stiffs spend their hard-earned money on tickets that help pay Ozzie's million dollar salary, yet he has talked s*** about the fans, his teams underperform, and he admits that he doesn't do s*** at the stadium and doesn't really care either. Yes, what a hero to the lower class worker.

Lets also not forget how many times greg has said "Ozzie is rich, so it doesnt matter what happens"

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)

Yeah, that was a hilariously offensive statement by Greg.

Loria is not a model owner by any means, but that's reflected in the fact that he HIRED Ozzie, not that he fired him.

Ozzie may manage again if he wishes to and shuts his trap, but he'll need a washing out period to forget the things we didn't like about him...sort of like what Valentine did for quite a while. Ozzie better hope he gets better after the layoff and not worse like Bobby V

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:48 PM)
There's being a kissass and then there's telling the person who signs your checks that he's incompetent. I'm don't talk badly about anybody above me, let alone that guy. Beyond that, regardless of the truth to which Guillen speaks, there is some pot calling the kettle black action as well, because Loria spent a good amount of money on the Marlins and they had a lot of talent, and, with Guillen at the helm, the Marlins had their worst season since 1999.

There's a lot of blame to go around, I'm not questioning that. But the guy with the bigger stick is still around, and he's going to continue to make terrible decisions. That doesn't detract from how poorly Guillen managed that team.

Reasonable points, but how do you guys avoid talking about Passon's position and how he agrees with me.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 12:33 AM)
No offense, but you only listen to what you want to hear about Ozzie.

And what Passon wrote about Ozz.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 03:41 AM)
Ozzie s***s on the fans, the players, and the owners while burning bridges left and right. Not sure why you all can't see why he's so awesome like greg775 and I do.

Too bad Ozzie doesn't have a bit more money where he could be an owner. His ego is at the point he probably can't ever manage again. He pretty much has proven he has to be left alone. He can't stand any criticism, hence his blasting his owner publicly. If I were Ozzie, I'd have my agent get me a TV job with the promise he's entering speech lessons right now in preparation for next season. He's perfect for TV ... if you can understand him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
Reasonable points, but how do you guys avoid talking about Passon's position and how he agrees with me.

And what Passon wrote about Ozz.

What about it? Loria being a bad owner had no influence on Ozzies bad behavior. The guy was handed an unearned contract, a new stadium, a competitive team and he managed to burn down everything around himself immediately.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 04:27 AM)
What about it? Loria being a bad owner had no influence on Ozzies bad behavior. The guy was handed an unearned contract, a new stadium, a competitive team and he managed to burn down everything around himself immediately.

I don't think his behavior was that bad.

1.) Loria laughed his butt off during the first meeting, counting Ozzie's F-bombs in the spring training speech. Loria thought it was funny. His ill-put together team sucked so now Ozzie is unprofessional cussing. Hmmmmm. You Oz haters: Please comment specifically on this point.

Richboy Loria LAUGHED his ass off during Ozzie's first expletive-riddled speech to the team. Watch it on youtube. You tell me he's not a hypocrite???

2.) Ozzie "loves" Castro. Very ill advised statement even though he explained what he meant.

3.) Heath Bell. Big fatboy out of shape after getting a big contract. Ozzie supported him all the way. Bell is a disgrace to baseball getting all fat like that and sucking just cause he had a great contract.

4.) Marlins trade everybody and give up. Ozzie didn't make a peep the second half of the year til the end when he yapped about Loria.

5.) Ozzie blasts Loria. Bye bye Ozzie. You gawn. But it was a deserved comment, putting the richboy owner in his place. It got Ozzie fired, but Loria can't take away the money Ozzie gets for NO WORK. So in Ozzie's mind he wins. He doesn't have to work a day for that crummy owner and gets the same amount of money he would have had he worked every day.

6.) Ozzie talks about his money and getting fired a lot and how he doesn't care: Who cares? That's another thing that wouldn't matter if the team was winning. He always talked like that in Chicago.

Ozzie is the scapegoat for the lousy season. Whoever put together that awful team should be the scapegoat. And Loria was the guy who wanted Heath Bell. Hilarious.

Loria should fire himself. What a clown.

Moral of story: Will ozzie manage the White Sox again? If Jerry lives 20 more years ... yes.

First thing Sox should do: Trade for Buehrle and bring him home. Trade Quintana and Morel for Mark and have Miami pay most of the contract. Or trade Quintana and Beckham for Mark.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)

1.) Loria laughed his butt off during the first meeting, counting Ozzie's F-bombs in the spring training speech. Loria thought it was funny. His ill-put together team sucked so now Ozzie is unprofessional cussing. Hmmmmm. You Oz haters: Please comment specifically on this point.

Richboy Loria LAUGHED his ass off during Ozzie's first expletive-riddled speech to the team. Watch it on youtube. You tell me he's not a hypocrite???

2.) Ozzie "loves" Castro. Very ill advised statement even though he explained what he meant.

3.) Heath Bell. Big fatboy out of shape after getting a big contract. Ozzie supported him all the way. Bell is a disgrace to baseball getting all fat like that and sucking just cause he had a great contract.

4.) Marlins trade everybody and give up. Ozzie didn't make a peep the second half of the year til the end when he yapped about Loria.

5.) Ozzie blasts Loria. Bye bye Ozzie. You gawn. But it was a deserved comment, putting the richboy owner in his place. It got Ozzie fired, but Loria can't take away the money Ozzie gets for NO WORK. So in Ozzie's mind he wins. He doesn't have to work a day for that crummy owner and gets the same amount of money he would have had he worked every day.

6.) Ozzie talks about his money and getting fired a lot and how he doesn't care: Who cares? That's another thing that wouldn't matter if the team was winning. He always talked like that in Chicago.

Ozzie is the scapegoat for the lousy season. Whoever put together that awful team should be the scapegoat. And Loria was the guy who wanted Heath Bell. Hilarious.

Moral of story: Will ozzie manage the White Sox again? If Jerry lives 20 more years ... yes.

First thing Sox should do: Trade for Buehrle and bring him home. Trade Quintana and Morel for Mark and have Miami pay most of the contract. Or trade Quintana and Beckham for Mark.

Greg you are unbelievable. You just can't admit you are wrong. You blame everyone else EXCEPT ozzie. It's always someone elses fault like if you're his 10 year old kid. My goodness...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 12:43 AM)

1. It gets old.

2. In the heavily Cuban Miami that's just a stupid, stupid thing to say. It's that kind of stupidity/lack of thinking before he speaks that will keep him out of the booth.

3.That fatboy closer was coming of 3 straight all star seasons including back to back Rolaids Relief Awards...at around the same size.

4.They ADDED Carlos Lee, team still sucked somehow, then they traded and gave up, it was useless.

5. It wasn't just the comments on Loria that got him fired but I'm sure it was the straw that broke the camels back.

6. Loria gave him a SOLID team that should have no doubt been a contender, many experts thought that.

But Buehrle must be awful because Loria brought him in right?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
Is anyone else enjoying the irony of Greg taking shots at a fat closer who failed to get the job done for Ozzie?

Also, the Castro comments would be akin to Ozzie saying something along the lines of "f*** the Irish people" in Chicago.

I personally think greg is reveling in his newfound celebrity. He's become the most popular person on the board. Even moreso than the awful kalapse. greg doesn't really care for ozzie THIS much. oh and q, happy late b-day. i saw that you had just turned 20 but was too drunk too send a pm.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 12:30 AM)
I personally think greg is reveling in his newfound celebrity. He's become the most popular person on the board. Even moreso than the awful kalapse. greg doesn't really care for ozzie THIS much. oh and q, happy late b-day. i saw that you had just turned 20 but was too drunk too send a pm.

Thanks J4L.

And that would make Greg the most successful troll ever.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 05:11 AM)
1. It gets old.

2. In the heavily Cuban Miami that's just a stupid, stupid thing to say. It's that kind of stupidity/lack of thinking before he speaks that will keep him out of the booth.

3.That fatboy closer was coming of 3 straight all star seasons including back to back Rolaids Relief Awards...at around the same size.

4.They ADDED Carlos Lee, team still sucked somehow, then they traded and gave up, it was useless.

5. It wasn't just the comments on Loria that got him fired but I'm sure it was the straw that broke the camels back.

6. Loria gave him a SOLID team that should have no doubt been a contender, many experts thought that.

But Buehrle must be awful because Loria brought him in right?

Finally. Somebody answers each of my points! Thank you!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 05:30 AM)

Is Q only 20? Really? Quintana? Much younger than I thought.

I don't care about popularity. I'm loyal to Ozzie for what he did for me (Sox).

He made my happy in 2005, mighty happy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 12:56 AM)
Finally. Somebody answers each of my points! Thank you!

Is Q only 20? Really? Quintana? Much younger than I thought.

I don't care about popularity. I'm loyal to Ozzie for what he did for me (Sox).

He made my happy in 2005, mighty happy.

He's talking about me buddy :P

Quintana is 23

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy