White Sox winter meetings thread...

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
The Indians are HUGE winners in that deal, IMO. This looks horrible for Arizona, unless Bauer is a ticking time bomb. Gregorious does not have a ton of upside, from what I've read -- more of an average player ceiling.

Stubbs and Bauer for Choo. That's an awesome haul for a guy they weren't going to re-sign after this year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
So the Dbacks probably aren't gonna trade Upton. So thats three times in a row the Rangers have struck out on a target.

Olt for Floyd!!! #RANGERTEARZ

They can still trade Upton. I don't see why they can't.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 12:39 AM)
I'm bored.

List of LH, possibly impact bat, has had health problems (or just missed a decent amount of games, I didn't look in to injuries).....

Nick Markakis

Jacoby Ellsbury

Brett Gardner

Adam Lind

Chase Utley

Shin-Soo Choo

Mat Gamel (My guess)

Pedro Alvarez

Jed Lowrie

John Jaso

Jason Kubel

Tyler Colvin

Logan Morrison

Choo has been traded.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 05:05 PM)
Several here have to eat crow after prematurely calling him a hypocrite...for going to Cleveland after GASP he said he wouldnt mind playing in front of an excited packed house night after night

Yes, who would want that.

As a (highly skilled) employee in a very well paid but highly volatile job, would you take $240K for 1 year or $120K a year for 2 years?

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
I was thinking the same thing. De Aza could have easily been the player the Reds leadoff hitter they were looking for. But I still think the trade has something to do with the Phillies. They still want a corner OF.

And get what back from Philly? Tommy Joseph? Sebastian Valle?

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 04:48 AM)
I read where Philly talked about trading Dominic Brown for Alfonso Soriano. I'd take Brown on the Sox. I've been saying Brown +, for Rios.

Brown is a great prospect, but not ready to be inserted in the middle of the lineup.

Could we all please agree that the candidate must fit the profile of a middle of the order, left handed bat?

I'm pretty sure that is what Hahn wants, and that is easy to understand. He probably doesn't want to see Dunn batting anywhere lower than 5TH or 6TH. If the Sox have to hit Dunn 3RD again, they are not going to be very good.

Assuming Viciedo is traded for this "mystery" player, and A. J. is not brought back, the lineup should look like this:

de Aza

Keppinger

"Mystery" LH Bat

Konerko

Dunn

Rios

"Blah, Blah, Blah," whatever

Brown is no where near ready to bat 3RD. I'd love for it to be Hamilton, but I'd settle for someone like Eithier, or the just traded Choo.

Edited by Lillian

I still think Hamilton at 4 years/$25 million per makes a ton of sense for us.

Trade Rios & Thornton for prospects and we'd only be adding $6.5 million in salary.

1. De Aza, CF

2. Keppinger, 3B

3. Hamilton, RF

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Dunn, DH

6. Viciedo, LF

7. Flowers, C

8. Beckham, 2B

9. Ramirez, SS

#1 Sale

#2 Peavy

#3 Danks

#4 Floyd

#5 Quintana

CL Reed

SU Crain

SU Jones

MR Veal

MR Omogrosso or veteran

MR Leesman or Septimo

LR Axelrod or Santiago (loser starting in AAA)

With the report the Yankees have resigned Ichiro (MLBTraderumors), they now have 3 LH outfielders in Ichiro, Gardiner and Granderson. If we're "signing up," for a strategy...I'd like to see Granderson and some salary relief for De Aza. To me, Granderson is a complete player. He's hit for average and power and is a very good center fielder. Last season's average was down because he was a middle-of-the-order guy. Put him in CF flanked by Rios and Viciedo and bat him first.

All this, and he's a stellar human being, too...and from Chicago. Several years ago, the winter after he had his September (maybe a little more) cup of coffee with the Tigers, he was a coach at a baseball camp for kids in Libertyville. He took time for each kid, smiled, signed autographs and answered everyone's questions. He came across as totally genuine. I'd love for him to have some very good years with the White Sox.