6/2 - Sox at A's

flavum

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 05:24 PM)
Dude, I keep catching you in these edits.

And this is not directed a you, but people wanted to write off Viciedo coming off a 25 HR season as a 23 year old are crazy to me. Give him some time for Christ sake. One week ago people were sucking his dick around here, now some of those same people want to trade him. Baseball is not supposed to be over-analyzed on a daily basis.

I was reminding people of hot he was in May 2012. Other than two weeks last year, he was pretty mediocre.

I don't like Viciedo as a player, and I don't think he'll improve that much. I certainly don't think he's a guy you want to plan to be a 3-4-5 hitter on a winning team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 05:23 PM)
But wouldn't you agree these things have happened far too often this season (after rarely happening last year)?

A lot of stupid things have happened, but defensively Keppinger/Greene for Beckham has made a huge difference. Dunn for Konerko has made a big difference. Flowers for AJ hasn't had the defensive upgrade I read on this board was guaranteed. De Aza has slid since last year, and Viciedo while making some nice plays and throws, still is a guy who probably is never going to be a plus defender and he has very little experience.

I think the coaches and manager have been fine. If your are going to be consistent, then you have to say Cooper needs to go because a good deal of the bullpen can't throw strikes.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 11:30 PM)
A lot of stupid things have happened, but defensively Keppinger/Greene for Beckham has made a huge difference. Dunn for Konerko has made a big difference. Flowers for AJ hasn't had the defensive upgrade I read on this board was guaranteed. De Aza has slid since last year, and Viciedo while making some nice plays and throws, still is a guy who probably is never going to be a plus defender and he has very little experience.

I think the coaches and manager have been fine. If your are going to be consistent, then you have to say Cooper needs to go because a good deal of the bullpen can't throw strikes.

You wouldn't see me upset if they cleared house and started from scratch with the whole coaching staff after this season (including a new clubhouse atmosphere with Konerko gone). Cooper's done a great job here, but sometimes change is best for everyone.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)
Viciedo on pace for a whopping 12 homers and 39 RBIs.

(he was injured though)

YOUR EXTRAPOLATE PACE THINGY SUCKS.

Sure, if Viciedo was on pace for 600 ab's, a regular major league season (some guys get high 600's)...then he would be slated for 20 homers and 60-70 RBI's.

Considering we have the worst White Sox offense by far since the beginning of the KW regime, that's not a surprise.

Are you going to do the say the same thing with projecting Beckham, too, when he comes back?

Sale's streak the longest continuous scoreless innings streak since Wilson Alvarez in 1993.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
You wouldn't see me upset if they cleared house and started from scratch with the whole coaching staff after this season (including a new clubhouse atmosphere with Konerko gone). Cooper's done a great job here, but sometimes change is best for everyone.

No disagreement here.

And I don't blame the hitting on Manto and certainly not the bullpen on Cooper, when we have one of the better pitching staffs in baseball (not going to blame him for Danks, either) overall. Everyone could see Thornton was fading, and Veal couldn't be expected to work miracles year after year since it was never on the back of his baseball card. If anything, the Sox deserve a lot of credit for getting so much out of Septimo, Omogrosso, Jones and Veal last year. But that wasn't Ventura...

The complete lack of fundamentals, sound decision-making on defense, bad instincts, base-running gaffes....that's always going to be on a manager, as the buck stops with him.

If his coaches aren't getting the job done, he has to intervene personally or replace them.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
Worse than Flowers was Sale being completely out of position and not backing up home on the throw.

It's the first thing you learn in Little Leagues as a pitcher...

Sad. Not that it had anything to do with Crisp being safe or not at home.

Usually little league has a metal backstop that is not far behind the catcher :P

Cooper doesn't have the makings of a great manager.

His communication/media/PR skills SUCK.

It would be another Bevington. The pitching would fall off with him having to delegate that more....you don't weaken the strongest area of your team, that almost never works.

He would never survive a month of being second-guessed.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
Wouldn't shock me if Cooper is our next manager

He's managing Friday when Ventura is away.

Parent is managing Thursday, so he's the next Sox manager. Ha.

Edited by flavum