NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
By all accounts, Melo wants to play for Thibs. So, if you move Thibs, then you lose your chance at that star. If that doesnt bother you, then by all means, let him go.

But lets be honest, this front office has done itself no favors in the ways they have handled management. Ron Adams being let go, the contentious nature with Thibs, choking VDN, Skiles leaving, Cartwright firing. It has been really ugly. So, if it blows up with one of the highly regarded coaches in the league, then you are risking nobody wanting to come coach this team, which will also lead to not many players wanting to play in Chicago(which is already a problem).

This team isnt the Lakers. They cant afford to consistently put their worst foot forward and hope for the best.

LOL, like the Bulls would actually get Melo.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
The Spurs are dialed, buddy. If Tony stays healthy, nobody's beating them this year.

Yeah and Manu hasn't been useless like last year. The Spurs look better and I still think Miami is worse than last year.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:09 PM)
Yeah and Manu hasn't been useless like last year. The Spurs look better and I still think Miami is worse than last year.

Something has to happen again. It always does for Miami. I'm going to guess Parker gets hurt soon or in the finals (like he did last year).

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:17 PM)
Something has to happen again. It always does for Miami. I'm going to guess Parker gets hurt soon or in the finals (like he did last year).

Probably...BTW, wasn't J4L talking up Beasley and Oden as dfference makers when the Heat acquired them? Lol

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
You know, for all the s*** he gets (and returns) at least J4L isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

I think most people say what they think on here. They just don't think things like that.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
I think most people say what they think on here. They just don't think things like that.

Or the hyperbole he employs to relay such thoughts.

One year after admitting firing Mike Brown as coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2010 was the wrong move, owner Dan Gilbert did it again.

"This is a very tough business," Gilbert said in a news release. "Mike worked hard over this last season to move our team in the right direction. Although, there was some progress from our finish over the few prior seasons, we believe we need to head in a different direction."

According to a person close to the situation, Chicago Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin has emerged as a top candidate for the job. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition on anonymity because it has not yet been made public.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 13, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)
clippers were robbed

Meh, I know everyone is going to say that now but not really. That out of bounds play was definitely off Jackson but he got hit to cause the loose ball. And CP3 definitely hit Westbrook on the elbow, that was a foul. The only thing I will say is that CP3 did get hit by Jackson on that last turnover, that should have been a foul as well.

I see with Van Gundy deal the NBA is starting to pay huge bucks to coaches again. 7 mill a year. Hmmm.

Hey I have a question. There's talk in this college town that Bill Self will inevitably leave for the NBA, likely to coach the Thunder or Spurs. From afar, do you think a.) any team would love to have Self for 6-7 mill a year (he makes 5 here) and b.) do you think he's a good NBA coaching prospect. Or c.) do you think he's just another blah coach who won one national title and will fail in the NBA? Just wondering what you all think of Bill Self and NBA. For instance if the Bulls hired him if Thibs left would you be happy or furious?

Edited by greg775