NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could definitely see flipping a coin between Lebron and Jordan. 2/10 for 7 points and passing up an attempt to tie the game on the last possession. In the ECF no less. Could definitely see Jordan doing that.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 28, 2014 -> 10:15 PM)
I could definitely see flipping a coin between Lebron and Jordan. 2/10 for 7 points and passing up an attempt to tie the game on the last possession. In the ECF no less. Could definitely see Jordan doing that.

LOLOLOL that statline

RawWetFlatcoatretriever.gif

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

Martellus Bennett tweeted out that Indianapolis was the only city he's seen that looks boring from the aerial view and I laughed really hard.

Lance Stephenson s*** is getting so old. Man this series has just been incredibly boring basketball.

Edited by bmags

Writer at Basketball Insiders suggests that Mirotic's buyout might be less than has been previously reported.

Because Mirotic is limited to negotiating with the Bulls, they should be able to get him far more cheaply than on the open market. The best figures I have found on Mirotic's current salary indicate he makes approximately $1.4 million per year, with a buyout of approximately $3.4 million. The Bulls can pay $600,000 of this buyout.

It might then be realistic to sign Mirotic to a three-year contract starting at $3.5 million per year with the maximum allowable 4.5 percent annual raises.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 29, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)

Wasn't the buyout supposed to drop as time passed? Or am I thinking of someone else. Regardless, that makes him a great piece to potentially package up for a Love or Melo deal, or someone who might fit in afterwards if we can do it right.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
Wasn't the buyout supposed to drop as time passed? Or am I thinking of someone else. Regardless, that makes him a great piece to potentially package up for a Love or Melo deal, or someone who might fit in afterwards if we can do it right.

It was supposed to drop yearly but this report says it will be a lot less than people thought it was, making it much more affordable to him if he pays it.

James Rainey ‏@LATimesrainey 13m

BREAKING NEWS: Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer of Seattle offers record $2 billion to win @LAClippers. more at http://latimes.com

Our story on @LAClippers deal reports 2nd and 3rd place bids of $1.6B Geffen Guggenheim & $1.2B from Ressler-Karsh. http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sn-cli...0529-story.html

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 29, 2014 -> 07:48 PM)
Sterling bought the team for $12.5 million. In the end, he still wins

So true. The guy just tripled the estimated value of his franchise for being an uncloseted racist. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

QUOTE (Greyone @ May 29, 2014 -> 08:06 PM)
Anybody think Ballmer would move them to Seattle. The Seattle Clippers doesn't sound too bad.

I would assume after spending $2B, Ballmer wouldnt move his team from the LA market to the Seattle market.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2014 -> 02:47 AM)
So it's a simple question. What are the odds Indy still fires Vogel and OKC fires Brooks?

I doubt OKC will can Brooks, although I do feel like he's holding the team back. I feel that Vogel's job might be on the line though. There's just way too much drama in Indy.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 30, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
I doubt OKC will can Brooks, although I do feel like he's holding the team back. I feel that Vogel's job might be on the line though. There's just way too much drama in Indy.

I think they both get fired.

On the ESPN crawl it said Sterling is going to sue the NBA for a billion dollars in damages. That whole mess can't end soon enough.

Now they say the deal is done and they can't be sued by Donald Sterling. (this is assured by the Sterling family trust, but I have no idea how this works)

Edited by Big Hurtin

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ May 30, 2014 -> 06:34 PM)
On the ESPN crawl it said Sterling is going to sue the NBA for a billion dollars in damages. That whole mess can't end soon enough.

Now they say the deal is done and they can't be sued by Donald Sterling. (this is assured by the Sterling family trust, but I have no idea how this works)

Apparently he has been found "mentally incapacitated" so the trust takes over...