Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From May:

Henry (Chicago): Thanks for the chat! What's your take on Avisail Garcia? Does he have legitimate upside with the bat?

Jason Parks: He does. But to be honest, I'm not really sure what he is going to be. Clearly he has offensive tools; good bat control and a quick, efficient trigger. Despite the size/strength and fluidity of the swing [itself], I'm not sure how much over-the-fence power he will develop. I've asked around about him quite a bit and opinions are very mixed on the ceiling of the bat.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
From May:

Henry (Chicago): Thanks for the chat! What's your take on Avisail Garcia? Does he have legitimate upside with the bat?

Jason Parks: He does. But to be honest, I'm not really sure what he is going to be. Clearly he has offensive tools; good bat control and a quick, efficient trigger. Despite the size/strength and fluidity of the swing [itself], I'm not sure how much over-the-fence power he will develop. I've asked around about him quite a bit and opinions are very mixed on the ceiling of the bat.

But he looks like Miggy!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
White Sox: Garcia, Middlebrooks

Red Sox: Peavy

Tigers: Iglesias

Middlebrooks isn't confirmed yet. Just was leaving the clubhouse and said "good night not good bye"