Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 10:45 PM)
Polanco would be fantastic, but I'd imagine there would be more than Rios in the deal. Also noted Dickerson.

Good. Levine did tweet that Rangers and Pirates have been scouting Rios for 3 weeks. At least Kenny is looking at players we can't complain about.

Sunday morning I flew back from Omaha and sat next to two obvious scouts flying to Detroit. It was a red eye, so I assume they were scouting the Royals AAA team? They were both talking about how they don't understand how the team is a buyer. I am assuming the team is the Royals?

Also, they spent a good 15 minutes making fun of Dave Cameron and fangraphs for their "bulls*** scouting reports"

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
Sunday morning I flew back from Omaha and sat next to two obvious scouts flying to Detroit. It was a red eye, so I assume they were scouting the Royals AAA team? They were both talking about how they don't understand how the team is a buyer. I am assuming the team is the Royals?

Also, they spent a good 15 minutes making fun of Dave Cameron and fangraphs for their "bulls*** scouting reports"

That's a pretty cool story

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)
People on Twitter are saying Kenny Williams has been spotted in Altoona, PA.

Too bad the Altoona Curve are in the middle of a 10-day road trip.

Give me Bell and Kingham if we can't get Hanson or Polonco

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
I am so discouraged with everything right now.

Why? I think the Sox are going to wind up with a few solid deals going down. They have the best hitter (outfielder), shortstop, starting pitcher, and reliever on the market. They'll get stuff done. No sens in forcing a deal 6 days prior to the deadline when desperate teams could up the ante.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
Why? I think the Sox are going to wind up with a few solid deals going down. They have the best hitter (outfielder), shortstop, starting pitcher, and reliever on the market. They'll get stuff done. No sens in forcing a deal 6 days prior to the deadline when desperate teams could up the ante.

Well Crain is off the market now. Would Lindstrom be the best available reliever on the market now? There's Hochever, Gergerson, Thatcher.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)

You been readin my mail!

Well Crain is off the market now. Would Lindstrom be the best available reliever on the market now? There's Hochever, Gergerson, Thatcher.

Some team that is desperate for relief pitching could still trade for Crain. The offer would be a lot lower than if he had made 2-3, or even 1 appearance after coming off the DL, but it's not out of the question that somebody could still take a chance on him. Unless the Sox have plans to re-sign him, there's no reason not to take a lowball offer if somebody makes one.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 04:54 PM)
Now this is strange:

Peter Gammons ‏@pgammo 1h

Keep hearing White Sox need pitching for Peavy, as 5 of their 6 best prospects are position players.

They may be, but they are nowhere near ML ready.

Sweet Jesus would that irritate me

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Now this is strange:

Peter Gammons ‏@pgammo 1h

Keep hearing White Sox need pitching for Peavy, as 5 of their 6 best prospects are position players.

They may be, but they are nowhere near ML ready.

And 3 of our MLB starters are young and going to be here awhile. Danks, too.