8/8 Games

flavum

For whatever reason I never took a look at Francellis Montas' numbers from the Peavy trade. Color me very intrigued. The strikeout numbers are great, the walks acceptable and he's in an age appropriate league. Looking good in his debut tonight so far.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 07:42 PM)
For whatever reason I never took a look at Francellis Montas' numbers from the Peavy trade. Color me very intrigued. The strikeout numbers are great, the walks acceptable and he's in an age appropriate league. Looking good in his debut tonight so far.

Was he the one who throws 100?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 08:03 PM)
Beckham is not moving.

Taking whatever he's giving you overall at 2B and weakening that position and SS simultaneously doesn't make any sense....unless Semien was just completely incapable of playing there at short and/or they didn't have any other possibilities for the position, like Carlos Sanchez/offseason/trade/Alexei deal.

I would imagine getting Semien looks at 2B, 3B and SS will give him enough playing time to evaluate a MLB trial.

Beckham shouldn't have to move, since he has been productive and is still more than capable at 2B. Just bench Keppy the rest of the season and rest Becks and Alexei every few days.

3B, SS or 2B, lol.

Anywhere and everywhere. If he hits like he has been in the minors the last two months at the next level, they'll find him playing time SOMEWHERE.

3B might be the most open position at the moment, until/unless Ramirez is traded.

However, let's keep in mind how good Flowers and Phegley looked at different times...and where they both stand now.

Still, nice to have SOMETHING to be excited about...even lukewarm excitement.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 10:27 PM)
3B, SS or 2B, lol.

Anywhere and everywhere. If he hits like he has been in the minors the last two months at the next level, they'll find him playing time SOMEWHERE.

3B might be the most open position at the moment, until/unless Ramirez is traded.

However, let's keep in mind how good Flowers and Phegley looked at different times...and where they both stand now.

Still, nice to have SOMETHING to be excited about...even lukewarm excitement.

Where does Phegley stand after 77 plate appearances?

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 12:15 AM)
Trout also has 50 SB type speed.

Garcia stole 23 bags last year while getting on base a lot less than Trout. Garcia stole a bag every 7 times he reached base, Trout stole every 5.

Everything I've read says he has great instincts in the OF and can play an above average CF. Maybe in a few years that changes but for the next few years I'd love to see Garcia patrolling CF.