2014 Cubs Catch-All Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for a few years from now to find out if the cubs used all these bullets correctly. Even if some pan out, none project to be as good as Sale or Abreu. Bryant could still bust with the bat and be a negative defender. This could all blow up in their face, on the new jumbo screen.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 09:04 AM)
Didn't know you could just buy a rooftop without buying the rest of the building.

I meant the businesses which include the buildings. People don't actually live in most of those anymore. It is actually kind of funny, the Cubs being so bad, and the team erecting new signs and scoreboards are putting the rooftop owners in such a bind financially where the Cubs will get a better deal from them, than had they actually been fielding a good team and people were willing to pay the price of watching from 600 feet away.

Crane Kenny said last year, the lack of tose signs cost the Cubs $60 million. I am pretty sure they could have all the rooftop buildings for less than that.

Another thing I read was this renovation is only going to pay down the debt they took out buying the team.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
Gordon Wittenmeyer from the Sun-Times says that Jon Lester and Jake Peavy is a package deal to the Cubs in the offseason. Not too surprising.

Remember when Jake Peavy was going to go to the Cubs like 100 times?

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
I have a feeling the Cubs are going to be "interested" in every top FA. With that said, they have a chance to be scary good in the next few years if they add the right pieces.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-he...-russell-martin

This is the year where you see what the payroll will look like and what cash is available to them. All of the younger players will be paid less while these free agents are paid.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 10:29 PM)
David Kaplan is on twitter saying there's a rumor that Cubs are interested in Nick Swisher lololololololol

The rumor is that Cleveland is interested in Edwin Jackson in a bad salary for bad salary trade. It would either be for Bourn or Swisher.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
It would be hilarious if the Cubs bought the rooftops and then decided "naaaah dont think we are gonna put up that big signage that blocks the rooftops now"

That would be one of the most Cub-like things ever, of course after they doubled ticket prices.