Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

Give me grinders. They bring excitement and enthusiasm to both the team and fans. This team had a severe lack of fire last year and I don't want to watch another 99 loss sleepwalk again this year. I want players who will get after it.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 08:43 AM)
Jake Peavy---Cy Young award winner, considered one of the better pitchers in baseball---------------shut up and pitch.

Adam Eaton--AAA star, hasn't accomplished much on the major league level-----------------------you have to love his confidence.

To clarify, I was never one to get on Peavy. Still, the dude was was seemingly always injured and underperforming. I think Sox fans have the right to be frustrated with him. If Eaton is doing the same thing while he's hitting .230 and out with his 3rd injury of the year, Sox fans will get on him too.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
Brian Anderson and Beckham have/had their share of (over)confidence or cockiness as well.

One of the reasons I never cared for Anderson.

Definitely a fine line...and depends on whether he's on your team or the opponent's.

Is that the reason you didn't care for Frank Thomas too? How about Pierzynski?

Let him play. If he doesn't perform, then criticizing him is perfectly reasonable. Criticizing him for being cocky and confident is ridiculous.

Jake Peavy---Cy Young award winner, considered one of the better pitchers in baseball---------------shut up and pitch.

Adam Eaton--AAA star, hasn't accomplished much on the major league level-----------------------you have to love his confidence.

LOL. And if Eaton constantly gets injured and sucks against the Sox top competitor, we will tell him to shut up too.

Jake Peavy---Cy Young award winner in 2007 in the NL in a pitchers park, considered one of the better pitchers in baseball---------------in 2012 many said shut up and pitch after Peavy's tough guy / bulldog attitude got annoying.

Fixed this for you.

WHITE SOX SEND OUTFIELDER BRANDON JACOBS TO ARIZONA

December 13, 2013 at 3:03pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, December 13, 2013

WHITE SOX SEND OUTFIELDER BRANDON JACOBS TO ARIZONA

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox have sent outfielder Brandon Jacobs to the Arizona Diamondbacks as the player to be named later to complete Tuesday’s trade in Orlando.

The White Sox originally acquired outfielder Adam Eaton from Arizona on Tuesday, December 10 in exchange for left-handed pitcher Hector Santiago and a player to be named later.

Jacobs, 23, combined to hit .244 (111-455) with 33 doubles, 13 home runs, 66 RBI and 59 runs scored over 127 games this season between Class A Salem and Class AA Portland in the Red Sox organization and Class AA Birmingham in the Sox system. He hit .237 (37-156) with two home runs and 22 RBI in 43 games with the Barons.

Jacobs was acquired from the Boston Red Sox on July 12 in exchange for left-handed pitcher Matt Thornton and cash considerations.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)

Find a poster who has said both. Your technique of calling out an entire message board for having a variety of opinions is always fantastic.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
So I haven't listened to the interview, why is he cocky?

He basically just says he believes in himself to outplay the expectations of his peers, and cited his own track record of doing so. If he is too cocky, it's from over-confidence, not from any sense of entitlement.