Sox agree to 1 yr deal with Scott Downs

flavum

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the question mark there because we don't know if it's real, but this tweet just happened...

https://twitter.com/mblakeharrison/status/413678153962250241

The tweeter is from Kentucky, and so is Downs.

And the move would make some sense considering it's just Veal and Leesman, and other non-roster guys.

True or not, I love that he used #LOOGY.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
The only tweets regarding Downs to the Sox are that Blake Harrison and SoxNet asking if there is anything to it.

He definitely seems like the right guy though.

It's most likely true. That guy most likely knows Downs or someone that would know. He'd have no reason to make up the White Sox as the connecting team, in my opinion. Nice signing. Hopefully, it's a 1 year deal with an option and he can be traded at the trade deadline.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
I don't know, it may be true but it's too early to tell. The guy has never broke a story or anything and has tweeted about the Sox as a fan very recently. I hope it is true but I'd wait for some more concrete evidence.

If he is making it up, tweeting Scott Downs to the White Sox to gain some attention is pretty pathetic.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 10:03 AM)
Definitely an odd thing to make up but who knows. I won't believe random people on twitter until it's confirmed by a credible source.

Who was that guy who kept "breaking" that Floyd was traded to the Jays? He kept it up for weeks

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 15s

Free agent reliever Scott Downs near agreement with Chicago White Sox, source tells @FOXSports1.

Well I'll be damned. Good job kid! Nice move too, way to go Hahn!

Kinda figured it was true.

Hahn was on ESPN radio yesterday, and said the Belisario deal was probably getting completed "in the next day or so". He didn't mention him by name.

Anyway, once Belisario and Downs are on the 40-man, somebody has to be dumped to make room.

Candidates--Heath, Morel, Nestor Molina, Santos Rodriguez?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
This is why if you have a small child, you do everything you can to get them to throw left handed. This guy has made over $27 million in his career.

I tried. But, the boy can hit already.