2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
Yes, I'm aware. I didn't read the book, but my cousin did and she said it's the same ending in the book and movie.

You should read the book, its incredible. You'll read it in as close to one sitting as possible.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
That part wasn't my problem. I often enjoy endings that the audience didn't want, like Prisoners or Buried, and I like to think about ambiguous endings like Inception or Shutter Island, but this movie really didn't even HAVE an ending.

I would have been cool with her killing him, him killing her, her killing herself, her going to jail, him leaving her, or really any combination other than him being so stupid as to stay and her getting away with her ridiculous and sloppy series of events with NPH. Like the two of them never discussed her elaborate plan, the cops never looked in to it, he never told the cops, there was just SO much left undone or unsaid that it just felt so incomplete.

some of that isn't correct

he told the detective who had her own suspicions first, but it was a federal case at that and she couldn't get them interested in it.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 02:23 PM)
You should read the book, its incredible. You'll read it in as close to one sitting as possible.

One more reason KC's on a roll these days, haha.

This Is Where I Leave You....2.5/5

The Equalizer....2.75/5

A Walk Among the Tombstones....3.25/5

Lucy....3.5/5

Two Night Stand...2.5/5

Breakup Buddies (China)....2.25/5

Dearest (China)....3.5/5

The Golden Era (China)....2.75/5

Edited by caulfield12

I really liked Gone Girl but wasn't too happy with the ending but if they decide to make a 2nd one I won't be upset about it.

It was cool seeing shots of the town I have been living in for almost 4 years.. The Bar that he owned in the movie is actually going to be made into a bar/fine dining restaurant. The bridge you saw them go over a few times actually crosses over into Illinois. The cop cars used were the actual ones here in the city, they just changed the name on the side of it. The mini golf scene was done here and been to the place a handful of times. A lot of little cool things

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 12:45 AM)
I really liked Gone Girl but wasn't too happy with the ending but if they decide to make a 2nd one I won't be upset about it.

It was cool seeing shots of the town I have been living in for almost 4 years.. The Bar that he owned in the movie is actually going to be made into a bar/fine dining restaurant. The bridge you saw them go over a few times actually crosses over into Illinois. The cop cars used were the actual ones here in the city, they just changed the name on the side of it. The mini golf scene was done here and been to the place a handful of times. A lot of little cool things

Second version? (Like The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo?)

Or one of Flynn's other books?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
Kyyle, Q...brief description of The Defenders?

Had to look it up myself. Looks like a lesser Avengers, core members are Hulk, Sub-Mariner(Namor) and Dr Strange.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 11:05 AM)
Kyyle where are you seeing that? Most of those movies (or something similar) will happen but I've seen a lot of similar mockups before and they usually end up being wrong.

Twitter, it is the rumored leak of phase 3. Whoever leaked this one, also leaked the phase 2 picture which turned out 100 percent correct.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
Interesting. Nothing on there would shock me although Avengers 3 should be on there.

Hulk was somewhat surprising to me. They really have been holding off on it because the Ed Norton Jr version didnt really go over that well. Defenders, i just didnt know about. Everything else has been talked about, so I am not surprised. I figured Avengers 3 wasnt there because it is always the conclusion to Phases. And who knows, maybe they are trying to rope in Spiderman before they announce it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)
Hulk was somewhat surprising to me. They really have been holding off on it because the Ed Norton Jr version didnt really go over that well. Defenders, i just didnt know about. Everything else has been talked about, so I am not surprised. I figured Avengers 3 wasnt there because it is always the conclusion to Phases. And who knows, maybe they are trying to rope in Spiderman before they announce it

Yeah, I don't know anything about the Defenders but they are clearly trying to introduce some fairly unknown characters or teams if they think they have a good story. With how popular Hulk was in the Avengers I'm not surprised they would try another solo movie. Of course the issue in those movies is always balancing the amount of screen time for Banner vs. the Hulk. In the Avengers Banner isn't carrying the movie so that wasn't an issue and people loved the Hulk. But will people love a movie that is almost all Hulk or in which Banner is the main character? That remains to be seen.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
Yeah, I don't know anything about the Defenders but they are clearly trying to introduce some fairly unknown characters or teams if they think they have a good story. With how popular Hulk was in the Avengers I'm not surprised they would try another solo movie. Of course the issue in those movies is always balancing the amount of screen time for Banner vs. the Hulk. In the Avengers Banner isn't carrying the movie so that wasn't an issue and people loved the Hulk. But will people love a movie that is almost all Hulk or in which Banner is the main character? That remains to be seen.

One thing i did like when I read up on Defenders was after that first three core members, the next long time member is Silver Surfer. I would love to get him into the Marvel universe after the travesty that was Fantastic Four 2.

And...Galactus

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
One thing i did like when I read up on Defenders was after that first three core members, the next long time member is Silver Surfer. I would love to get him into the Marvel universe after the travesty that was Fantastic Four 2.

And...Galactus

I don't see Marvel getting any of the Fantastic Four related characters back unless next years Fantastic Four movie bombs. I hate to root against if it is good but I hope regardless of the quality that movie does terribly at the box office so Fox stops caring about those characters and the rights revert back to Marvel like has happened with basically all non-Spiderman/X-Men characters. Fox has picked it up the quality of their X-Men movies but I'd like Marvel to have as many of their characters available to them as possible because they have done such a great job with their shared universe. And if the next couple Spider-Man universe movies continue to decline at the box office I think Marvel gets those rights back in the not to distant future as well which would be fantastic.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
I don't see Marvel getting any of the Fantastic Four related characters back unless next years Fantastic Four movie bombs. I hate to root against if it is good but I hope regardless of the quality that movie does terribly at the box office so Fox stops caring about those characters and the rights revert back to Marvel like has happened with basically all non-Spiderman/X-Men characters. Fox has picked it up the quality of their X-Men movies but I'd like Marvel to have as many of their characters available to them as possible because they have done such a great job with their shared universe. And if the next couple Spider-Man universe movies continue to decline at the box office I think Marvel gets those rights back in the not to distant future as well which would be fantastic.

Im curious if Silver Surfer is Fantastic Four exclusive or if he is a character like Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch that is interchangeable between franchises.

And I think Marvel is just playing the waiting game. With Disney backing them, they are just waiting for Fox and Sony to hand it over