2014 MLB catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 12:33 AM)
Kershaw has been erratic (compared to past seasons) this year but he's still unquestionably one of the top 3 pitchers in the game today.

And the Giants are going to mess around and let the Dodgers inch back into the race, breathe some life back into them.

10 GS, 2.52 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, 64.1 IP, 12 K/9, 1.1 BB/9, 10.75 K/BB (which may be the best ever). He's had 1 bad start. Saying he's been erratic is like saying Chris Sale has been erratic.

I mean, I just don't understand how you can say he's been erratic even compared to previous years. He's been dialed all year long.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
Cardinals in the running now for most annoying fans and organization in baseball...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...GlkA1NXSU1DMF8x

I saw this all over my Facebook the past couple days and people complaining about it (live in the St. Louis area). I just now watched it and I don't see a problem with it.. They said Molina was a great catcher but they are just supporting their guy and they think he is better.. I can't stand the Cardinals fan base and the whole "we are the best fans in baseball" stuff they do.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)
I saw this all over my Facebook the past couple days and people complaining about it (live in the St. Louis area). I just now watched it and I don't see a problem with it.. They said Molina was a great catcher but they are just supporting their guy and they think he is better.. I can't stand the Cardinals fan base and the whole "we are the best fans in baseball" stuff they do.

The part I didn't like is that they were calling Molina a baby. Why? I'd be pissed if I was a Cards fan too. Douchebag move, Milwaukee.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 06:02 PM)

I've been laughing my ass off at the "bestfansinbaseball" twitter handle. I get so much entertainment about the card fans always talking about how classy they are and how other players have no class! And no respect for baseball!

Unlike cardinals fans, who will spend hours on twitter telling him to "get f*****d"

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 08:25 AM)
10 GS, 2.52 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, 64.1 IP, 12 K/9, 1.1 BB/9, 10.75 K/BB (which may be the best ever). He's had 1 bad start. Saying he's been erratic is like saying Chris Sale has been erratic.

I mean, I just don't understand how you can say he's been erratic even compared to previous years. He's been dialed all year long.

A couple of starts ago, he had an ERA over 3.

Maybe erratic isn't the right word, but he wasn't 1968 Gibson/Drysdale/McLain either.

Man, the Pirates/Grilli are having closing problems in recent weeks. Wonder if they could use Belisario? They also have Melancon and Justin Wilson.

Pirates just had a leadoff double in the bottom of the 11th and couldn't score.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 09:25 AM)

He had one start where he gave up 7 runs in 1.2 innings. I think that's what he meant by erratic, which I don't exactly agree with. But I can see where he's coming from.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
A couple of starts ago, he had an ERA over 3.

Maybe erratic isn't the right word, but he wasn't 1968 Gibson/Drysdale/McLain either.

Man, the Pirates/Grilli are having closing problems in recent weeks. Wonder if they could use Belisario? They also have Melancon and Justin Wilson.

Pirates just had a leadoff double in the bottom of the 11th and couldn't score.

1968 Drysdale - ERA+ of 128

2014 Kershaw - ERA+ of 143

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)

It's not like the Brewers aren't endorsing a better option...

Molina's been decent this year, but Lucroy's got a .940 OPS and he's a catcher.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
Cardinals in the running now for most annoying fans and organization in baseball...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...GlkA1NXSU1DMF8x

I'm not taking any sides , but I did find the ad video they made a bit.. tasteless? Idk, just not something if I were the one in charge of making those ads, not a direction I'd go in.