Keppinger DFA'd

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 15, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
Right, and these leaks are going to make sure they tell him things with 100% accuracy because it benefits everyone that each team knows exactly what the other is thinking. C'mon man.

His information is for entertainment purposes only. He is the Chris Broussard of baseball.

Minus the hatred for homosexuals of course.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:26 AM)
Keppinger makes an easy target. No one really cares about the guy enough to verify the story.

I was at spring training in 2013. Keppinger was a grade a dick to the sox fans then, especially the kids.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ May 21, 2014 -> 07:49 PM)
I was at spring training in 2013. Keppinger was a grade a dick to the sox fans then, especially the kids.

There's got to be something missing in this story. Seems with as well-respected as Joe Maddon is around the game, he SHOULD/WOULD have had problems/issues with Keppinger as well.

Surely, Hahn's going to do his due dilgence with a three year contract. Ironic, in that the last three year contract went to someone even more universally-loved in the clubhouse than even Gillaspie (Mark Teahen) who couldn't really play baseball well.

Maybe he was going through some personal problems, like Alexei last year with his father-in-law.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 15, 2014 -> 03:09 PM)
This isn't the NBA/NFL. If the Cubs hear the Sox like Kolek what does that matter? If the Jays (#9) hear the Twins like Gordon (#5) what difference does it make? It's not like if the NFL where if #12 hears the Bears are picking Joe Smith at #8 then they could trade up and pick him. If the Sox for some strange reason came out with press release the day before the draft saying they were drafting Kolek do you think the Marlins would draft him to spite the Sox? No, they would still take whoever they deem to be the best player or financial option available.

Without trades, please show me how it matters.

Bonuses

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:54 PM)
There's got to be something missing in this story. Seems with as well-respected as Joe Maddon is around the game, he SHOULD/WOULD have had problems/issues with Keppinger as well.

Surely, Hahn's going to do his due dilgence with a three year contract. Ironic, in that the last three year contract went to someone even more universally-loved in the clubhouse than even Gillaspie (Mark Teahen) who couldn't really play baseball well.

Maybe he was going through some personal problems, like Alexei last year with his father-in-law.

I'm sure Joe Maddon is a f***ing dick too.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:54 PM)
There's got to be something missing in this story. Seems with as well-respected as Joe Maddon is around the game, he SHOULD/WOULD have had problems/issues with Keppinger as well.Surely, Hahn's going to do his due dilgence with a three year contract. Ironic, in that the last three year contract went to someone even more universally-loved in the clubhouse than even Gillaspie (Mark Teahen) who couldn't really play baseball well.

Maybe Maddon just knew how to work with an asshole and didnt publicize it.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ May 22, 2014 -> 02:49 AM)

I see he went to the University of Georgia. Any other Bulldogs who were/are dicks? Any pattern?