Sox give money to Toronto, get humans in return

LDF

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
How many teams has Tuisososospopo NOT been on this year?

Apparently still not enough of the independent ones.

In even more exciting news, my sources tell me Rick Hahn is considering a sandwich. Tiuasosopo, Hill AND a sandwich in two days time? Mercy, recline this man's chair right now and fetch him a pillow I swear to jeebus this man must never sleep!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)
Apparently still not enough of the independent ones.

In even more exciting news, my sources tell me Rick Hahn is considering a sandwich. Tiuasosopo, Hill AND a sandwich in two days time? Mercy, recline this man's chair right now and fetch him a pillow I swear to jeebus this man must never sleep!

I also heard he is going to drink really snobby fine beer and said that "Miller Lite is poor man's swill. Only the truly decrepit would drink it." So take that into consideration.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
Moises has played really, really well for the Sox. No reason to think he's going to lose his job.

?

He's terribad defensively and can't hit very well. He's got a good arm so I guess he has that going for him. He probably isn't going anywhere but that's only because there is no one can take his spot.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 05:26 PM)
?

He's terribad defensively and can't hit very well. He's got a good arm so I guess he has that going for him. He probably isn't going anywhere but that's only because there is no one can take his spot.

IMO he's fielded very well for us and he's looked pretty good at the dish at times, too. Before ADA heated up, he deserved a shot to take his place

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
I also heard he is going to drink really snobby fine beer and said that "Miller Lite is poor man's swill. Only the truly decrepit would drink it." So take that into consideration.

That's believable to me. That's the thing about all the hipster beers, they're all sizzle no steak, and people have the strangest habits of rationalizing their purchases. Like I just can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to pay so much for a beer just for the opportunity to talk about drinking said beer with other people who also have nothing interesting to say either. It's probably why these two trades happened, AA & Hahn had nothing to do but jerk off and watch Judge Judy so they get on the phone and start talking about s***ty players and then suddenly Hahn is rationalizing the superficially absurd trade of perfectly good money for 2 s***ty players, and of course AA is all about it too, like "Oh you're gonna love this guy" and blah blah blah. Same thing with the s***ty beer like, "Ooooh, can't you taste the hops? That was brewed in a galvanized bucket behind an old woodshed by a naked man performing a headstand, just as according to custom, and so that's why it's $8 a bottle." Makes no f***in sesne, the beer goes in one hole and comes out another, just get it down and move on to doing whatever you were doing, you're not Sir Isaac Newton you don't need to get sit there and contemplate it, just drink a good beer and that's that. A good honest beer at a tasty price. And if you're Hahn trade for a good honest player at a tasty price, don't just get on the phone with the Blue Jays and have a verbal circle jerk until Captain Waiver Claim convinces your snobby ass that one of his s***ty players is worth giving up perfectly good money for. So yeah I agree with you wite, we're on the same page here. We need to get Hahn some better beer, put his priorities in order before we end up with another one of these guys.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
IMO he's fielded very well for us and he's looked pretty good at the dish at times, too. Before ADA heated up, he deserved a shot to take his place

We are talking about Moises Sierra, right? The same guy who hasn't met a cut off man or straight line route that he ever liked? The same guy sporting a fat .638 OPS with the Sox? The one with a negative WAR, oWAR, and dWAR?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
Moises has played really, really well for the Sox. No reason to think he's going to lose his job.

Sierra is terrible, same category as Gorkys, Hill, Toui, Paulino, Boggs......

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 06:06 PM)
Sierra had that one home run and one laser beam to second base, but that's all. He's hitting .264 for us and .184 overall, but I think Tuiasosopo should get a chance.

What makes you think Tuiasosopo will hit over .264? And have a cannon for an arm? You are insane if you think he will bring more to the table..

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 06:08 PM)
What makes you think Tuiasosopo will hit over .264? And have a cannon for an arm? You are insane if you think he will bring more to the table..

I think he can hit. Remember all those games last year where he played LF against us for Detroit? He was about average at defense and hit .244 with 7 home runs and 30 runs batted in in 81 games.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 06:13 PM)
I think he can hit. Remember all those games last year where he played LF against us for Detroit? He was about average at defense and hit .244 with 7 home runs and 30 runs batted in in 81 games.

No.. I can't remember this guy because he isn't memorable lol. There is a reason he keeps moving teams and Blue Jays gave us him for cash.. And there is also a reason Sierra was claimed on waivers.. But I think Sierra has done enough to be the 4th OF until Danks hopefully gets his s*** together.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 05:38 PM)
Makes no f***in sesne, the beer goes in one hole and comes out another, just get it down and move on to doing whatever you were doing.

Yeah man, just like food, right? I bet you only eat salads and get your protein from supplements. Just goes in one end and out the other.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 05:38 PM)
That's believable to me. That's the thing about all the hipster beers, they're all sizzle no steak, and people have the strangest habits of rationalizing their purchases. Like I just can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to pay so much for a beer just for the opportunity to talk about drinking said beer with other people who also have nothing interesting to say either. It's probably why these two trades happened, AA & Hahn had nothing to do but jerk off and watch Judge Judy so they get on the phone and start talking about s***ty players and then suddenly Hahn is rationalizing the superficially absurd trade of perfectly good money for 2 s***ty players, and of course AA is all about it too, like "Oh you're gonna love this guy" and blah blah blah. Same thing with the s***ty beer like, "Ooooh, can't you taste the hops? That was brewed in a galvanized bucket behind an old woodshed by a naked man performing a headstand, just as according to custom, and so that's why it's $8 a bottle." Makes no f***in sesne, the beer goes in one hole and comes out another, just get it down and move on to doing whatever you were doing, you're not Sir Isaac Newton you don't need to get sit there and contemplate it, just drink a good beer and that's that. A good honest beer at a tasty price. And if you're Hahn trade for a good honest player at a tasty price, don't just get on the phone with the Blue Jays and have a verbal circle jerk until Captain Waiver Claim convinces your snobby ass that one of his s***ty players is worth giving up perfectly good money for. So yeah I agree with you wite, we're on the same page here. We need to get Hahn some better beer, put his priorities in order before we end up with another one of these guys.

It's called taste.

That's called Bud.

Life is too short to drink crappy beer. :cheers

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
Oh this is just great.

So he's a medical Steverson, a love Steverson, a mechanics Steverson, now he's a beer Steverson. Sooner or later you're going to have to be a Walker on one of these things.

You're just a hater, man. Your stance on this doesn't have ANYTHING to do with beer. ADMIT IT!

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)

IMO, Sierra has looked awful defensively. Not sure what defensive metrics would say, but simply from the eye test he's looked pretty bad so far.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 07:29 PM)
You're just a hater, man. Your stance on this doesn't have ANYTHING to do with beer. ADMIT IT!

Beer has everything to do with anything and anything to do with everything, and everything to do with everything and anything to do with anything.

If Hahn had put a down a couple refreshing Miller High Lifes ™ prior to calling AA (or more realistically, AA calling him) when AA offered the propostion of Matt Tuiassopsopso for several if not many thousands of dollars of cash money, Hahn would have angrily slobbered out something like "f*** you motherf***er you stupid piece of s***!" or something along those lines. As it was he was obviiously drinking that Crappensteiner junk and thought the whole thing was a great idea. I bet his next course of action (after throwing out all of his razors/shaving equipment and resolving to not only grow a massive beard but to buy organic hemp shampoo for it like a total wuss) was to head out to the nearest Nissan dealership to buy a new Nissan Cube ™ to impress all his other heavily-bearded hipster friends he just met at the last Decemberists ™ concert. Next time you see him he'll be in sandals wearing golf pants and he'll be holding his poodle on a leash talking about penguins or some stupid s***. Thats what happens when you drink that crap.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
Beer has everything to do with anything and anything to do with everything, and everything to do with everything and anything to do with anything.

If Hahn had put a down a couple refreshing Miller High Lifes ™ prior to calling AA (or more realistically, AA calling him) when AA offered the propostion of Matt Tuiassopsopso for several if not many thousands of dollars of cash money, Hahn would have angrily slobbered out something like "f*** you motherf***er you stupid piece of s***!" or something along those lines. As it was he was obviiously drinking that Crappensteiner junk and thought the whole thing was a great idea. I bet his next course of action (after throwing out all of his razors/shaving equipment and resolving to not only grow a massive beard but to buy organic hemp shampoo for it like a total wuss) was to head out to the nearest Nissan dealership to buy a new Nissan Cube ™ to impress all his other heavily-bearded hipster friends he just met at the last Decemberists ™ concert. Next time you see him he'll be in sandals wearing golf pants and he'll be holding his poodle on a leash talking about penguins or some stupid s***. Thats what happens when you drink that crap.

Lol

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)

I have no idea what you said but it's impressive. :drink