2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
Call me crazy, but I'm starting to get a hard on for Chandler Parsons.....And not because he's a handsome man.

Bulls need a guy who can create his shot right??

Dat pump fake tho.

If the Rockets somehow get Melo and LeBron or just one of them I would be all over Parsons to bring in plus the 2 draft picks and hopefully Mirotic would be a solid off-season even though it would still be considered a bust because of no Love or Melo

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:41 PM)
If the Rockets somehow get Melo and LeBron or just one of them I would be all over Parsons to bring in plus the 2 draft picks and hopefully Mirotic would be a solid off-season even though it would still be considered a bust because of no Love or Melo

If we got Parsons and Affalo in that scenario, we'd win the east.

Mainly because the East would be horrible sans Lebron.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 09:54 PM)
If we got Parsons and Affalo in that scenario, we'd win the east.

Mainly because the East would be horrible sans Lebron.

Still think Lebron stays in Miami, but I could def see Melo going to Houston over the Bulls. But ya, Rose-Afflalo-Parsons-Taj-Noah with Mirotic and Butler coming off the bench would be fantastic.

Or Rose-Butler-Parsons-Love-Noah would be even sexier.

Any idea what Parsons is gonna fetch $$ wise... Dude is a legit budding star IMO....

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 05:49 AM)
Why the f*** would you trade a first round draft pick for Omer Asik? Good god is that stupid. NBA GMs never fail to baffle me

Eh, let's see what protections are on it.

Few more blurbs;

The Chicago Bulls may have a commitment to Jordan Adams with the 19th pick, as he has been in to see them twice and their interest in him seems to be really high. It’s possible someone scoops him up before the Bulls get there, but Adams seems to be fairly locked in to the Bulls.

Louisiana-Lafayette point guard Elfrid Payton seems to have a floor of No. 12 to the Orlando Magic, although his camp believes he’ll be off the board before the ninth pick with the Lakers and Kings having expressed the most interest in drafting him.

Joel Embiid’s floor looks to be No. 10 to the Philadelphia 76ers, although there is real consideration for Embiid at five to Utah, at six to Boston and at seven to the Lakers.

The Cavaliers are still more likely to keep the top pick than trade it. As one source close to the process stressed, the first order of business for any team in the draft is to identify the players they would take with a specific pick, then explore if they can do better in trade. There is a sense that the Cavs have some real offers for the top pick, which they are weighing, but equally with so much value being placed on the number one, that has the Cavs strongly considering keeping it. Historically, the Cavs have taken their draft day decisions down to the wire; this year may not be much difference.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
Clearing space for Melo/LBJ....Man, I think Harden/Howard is a little more appealing than Rose/Noah...Would make Parson available though.

Or just dumping an awful salary for a guy who is just tall and has really no other great skills.

I kinda hope my softball game gets rained out tonight. I just want to watch the draft.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:38 AM)
Or just dumping an awful salary for a guy who is just tall and has really no other great skills.

I kinda hope my softball game gets rained out tonight. I just want to watch the draft.

you watch your mouth

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 10:10 PM)
I hate Morey so much.

Ehh. Melo would be an idiot to go to Houston. That team wouldn't even go to the Western Conference Finals. They'd give up 140 a game and last time I checked aren't allowed to play with 2 basketballs. Melo would get 10 shots a night with Harden there.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)
Ehh. Melo would be an idiot to go to Houston. That team wouldn't even go to the Western Conference Finals. They'd give up 140 a game and last time I checked aren't allowed to play with 2 basketballs. Melo would get 10 shots a night with Harden there.

Has howard really regressed that much?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:36 AM)
Few more blurbs;

Jordan Adams...terrible athlete who can't shoot the 3 too well. Man I hope not.

Damn Payton is really exploding then. Disappointing to see.

Can't imagine Embiid lasts to 10...or even 6 but even talk of that suggests to me he's proper f***ed.

No surprise on the Cavs there.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
Jordan Adams...terrible athlete who can't shoot the 3 too well. Man I hope not.

Haven't agreed with you much in this thread but I will be super pissed if we draft Adams.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
I thought Asik was more revered around these parts.

He's still owed $15 million this year and is a free agent next year. The Rockets got the 2 cheap years out of him and someone else is paying the expensive year, and the rockets get a first rounder on top of that. They were able to sign Howard in no small part because Asik's first 2 years were cheap.

Imagine the Bulls rework Gibson's contract so he's free this year, a max level next year, and the Bulls trade him for a first round pick and use that money to sign Anthony, have Gibson play for peanuts this year and contribute, and then trade Gibson away next year with the other team taking on the full salary for both seasons.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
Yes, at the time of the draft. Oden and Durant had significantly more hype at the time and were basically assumed All-Stars. Anthony was pretty close to that level and while people weren't QUITE as thrilled with Davis, there's no way anyone is passing on a big with his length/athleticism/upside.

Wiggins and Parker had a ton of hype before the season, but it's died down considerably because they didn't meet those absurd expectations. I find that there are signficantly more articles/discussions about things like Wiggins' lack of offensive polish/killer instinct and Parker's lack of defense/contributing in areas beyond scoring than there are hyping them up.

Parker ended up being the best freshman to ever play at Duke. That's meeting a pretty high expectation IMO.

I obviously could be wrong but I'm not a big fan of Payton and I can't believe he has become a likely top 10 pick. I really don't like guards who can't shoot and he is just dreadful at that aspect of the game. And the fact that he is a 60% free throw shooter indicates that it is pretty damn unlikely he ever becomes a good shooter.