SoxFest 2015

GGajewski18

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)
Based on some of the comments I saw, they hate the guy now lol hope he beats them when he faces them! (Like what he did to the sox at the cell lol)

image.jpg1_zpsqxv6lpl6.jpg

Check out the comments section of Facebook on CSN Chicago's stories on that quote and the quote about letting Rizzo talk all he wants. Cubs fans were spewing crazy venom for Jeff over that. Comments that included "he was a terrible QB, and now he's a terrible pitcher", and "You sucked when you were in the bullpen you bum, and "You are not worth that big contract you signed with the Sox".

Northside's finest.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 09:34 PM)
Why do we need a back up infielder? I was hoping that Bonifacio could back up 3B/SS/2B and outfield on occasion, which would eliminate the need for a backup infielder and let us carry an extra bullpen arm.

I don't think Bonafacio can play SS. Plus he wants someone who can hit LH pitching to spell Conor. He also mentiomed Saladino, but he was tslking acquisition.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 08:28 AM)
Check out the comments section of Facebook on CSN Chicago's stories on that quote and the quote about letting Rizzo talk all he wants. Cubs fans were spewing crazy venom for Jeff over that. Comments that included "he was a terrible QB, and now he's a terrible pitcher", and "You sucked when you were in the bullpen you bum, and "You are not worth that big contract you signed with the Sox".

Northside's finest.

unless i missed something from last nite to now, those idiot from the northside minor league team, still don't have their facts right. what contract are they talking about that he signed???

btw Chiliihead great job in finding this. i love it.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 06:11 AM)
unless i missed something from last nite to now, those idiot from the northside minor league team, still don't have their facts right. what contract are they talking about that he signed???

btw Chiliihead great job in finding this. i love it.

He was also never a QB or in the bullpen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 07:51 AM)
He was in the bullpen.

It was the same tyoe of comment Ricketts made. It is amazing so many people on both sides were so up in arms.

Exactly Dick. As a Sox fan, why should I care what Ricketts or anyone else affiliated with the cub organization thinks? My focus is on the 2015 White Sox and that's it. Let the cubs people say what they want, means nothing to me.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
Exactly Dick. As a Sox fan, why should I care what Ricketts or anyone else affiliated with the cub organization thinks? My focus is on the 2015 White Sox and that's it. Let the cubs people say what they want, means nothing to me.

this has always been a action reaction situation between the fans of the northside and the sox loyals. this kind of remind me of all the stuff that use to happen before they really started the cross town games, and have the org play nice with each others.

i love it. best, way to make them eat their words. make the playoff and more.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
Thought the same thing. He was a very nice guy to boot.

I don't think anyone knew who he was at the media session and no one talked to him at he seminars I felt kind of bad.

He's probably used to it. Don't feel too bad.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
here is my point, with the new advance metric that can fill in the missing data of how a player can help or perform, the need of data is more important and as Balta shown, our opinion may be totally skewed b/c of the personality of the player.

From listening to Hahn at the Saturday seminar, the White Sox have no interest in Beckham as they need to see what the 2Bs down the farm can do in the big leagues.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 10:52 AM)
this has always been a action reaction situation between the fans of the northside and the sox loyals. this kind of remind me of all the stuff that use to happen before they really started the cross town games, and have the org play nice with each others.

i love it. best, way to make them eat their words. make the playoff and more.

I know what you mean. I've talked loads of s*** to cub fans through the years myself but that's a fan thing. As far what anyone in the cubs FO thinks about the Sox, I could care less. They have their own problems.

I also think the media over blows it juuuuuust a bit to get the fans worked up. The butthurt comments from cub fans about what Samardzija said was entertaining. I think Jeff's comment was his inner Sox fan coming out and the comments from cub fans showed their bitterness over him being on the south side now. Ya know that's gotta sting! :lol:

I had a nice time today at Soxfest. I'm disappointed that Hahn didn't announce that the White Sox obtained another starting pitcher this weekend at Soxfest. It would of been great to announce that James Shields signed with the White Sox. I wish I had more confidence in the bottom of our rotation of Noesi and Danks, but I simply don't. I'm afraid that the bottom of our rotation is going to be so bad we won't contend in 2015 and JR will have another white flag trade this summer.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 07:39 AM)
He was also never a QB or in the bullpen.

He was in the bullpen for the Cubs, but my point of included it was.... who the hell cares? He's not a reliever anymore, and went on to be a really solid starter for them. That's like saying "You were a bum in AA!!". Lol, who cares what happened in AA, he's been promoted.

The QB thing was especially bad.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 01:22 AM)
I know what you mean. I've talked loads of s*** to cub fans through the years myself but that's a fan thing. As far what anyone in the cubs FO thinks about the Sox, I could care less. They have their own problems.

I also think the media over blows it juuuuuust a bit to get the fans worked up. The butthurt comments from cub fans about what Samardzija said was entertaining. I think Jeff's comment was his inner Sox fan coming out and the comments from cub fans showed their bitterness over him being on the south side now. Ya know that's gotta sting! :lol:

but here is another positive from it, if it starts up that whole crosstown rivalry again, it will be good from sox baseball. the fans will really get into it. i hate to say this, chi sox fans are a little fanatical and we have proved it in the past.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:46 AM)
I had a nice time today at Soxfest. I'm disappointed that Hahn didn't announce that the White Sox obtained another starting pitcher this weekend at Soxfest. It would of been great to announce that James Shields signed with the White Sox. I wish I had more confidence in the bottom of our rotation of Noesi and Danks, but I simply don't. I'm afraid that the bottom of our rotation is going to be so bad we won't contend in 2015 and JR will have another white flag trade this summer.

i am with you, 1 sp short term ..... but oh well. in a round about way, the sox did. they just went the internal rt. Rodon is pencil in.