Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (heirdog @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:41 AM)
You can get some top 10 prospects from another team at the deadline which by virtue of the Sox system would make the haul better than what they just gave up.

Except the main way that happens is the White Sox fail to live up to expectations and they have to peddle Samardzija, LaRoche, Duke and Robertson...along with Alexei and Danks.

That's about the last thing that we should want to happen.

There's a big difference between dumping DeAza/Beckham/Dunn/Viciedo and having to sell off one of our new core pieces six or seven months down the line.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:46 AM)
Except the main way that happens is the White Sox fail to live up to expectations and they have to peddle Samardzija, LaRoche, Duke and Robertson...along with Alexei and Danks.

That's about the last thing that we should want to happen.

There's a big difference between dumping DeAza/Beckham/Dunn/Viciedo and having to sell off one of our new core pieces six or seven months down the line.

I think we are kinda saying the same thing. My point is we give up some talent to improve our staff. If gamble fails, we can sell Shark and probably get even better talent back.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:46 AM)
Could be waiting to tell the players. Obviously shark had a good idea he was going but good chance the other 3 are in bed with no idea.

It's just strange because Nightengale implied the deal had basically been agreed to days ago. Seems like there should have been plenty of time to tell these guys a deal was going down. I'm still guessing Beane needs to clear a roster spot before the trade can be official.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:46 AM)
I guess they couldnt not talk about the Yankees for a few minutes

Yeah. Heyman actually said this whole talk about the white sox well and good but let's not forget how it effects the yankees.

Sorry it was joel sherman who said that not Heyman.

Edited by ptatc

PS: If you all don't realize it, you all rock. Soxtalk.com has 2161 combined posts (probably more by the time I hit submit) vs. the 2nd largest Sox site, WSI, which has 69 posts between the Shark and Robertson signing.

As Hawk would say...Soxtalk.com and its awesome members....YESSSSSSSS!!!!

• Haha 1

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:53 AM)
PS: If you all don't realize it, you all rock. Soxtalk.com has 2161 combined posts (probably more by the time I hit submit) vs. the 2nd largest Sox site, WSI, which has 69 posts between the Shark and Robertson signing.

As Hawk would say...Soxtalk.com and its awesome members....YESSSSSSSS!!!!

You just got banned from WSI

• Haha 1