Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 08:08 AM)
I get the feeling the Sox are going for it, Rodon will be on the big league club.

These moves certainly make it more likely you would think. I still hope they start him in the minors to ensure they get the full 7 years of control, but I won't be surprised if he makes the team out of ST.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:32 AM)
I really think they want it to be Micah Johnson.

I think so too. Merkin alluded to such a few months ago. It's a scary prospect though. To go all in with these types of moves and then rely on an injury prone, suspect defensive 2B that hasn't hit above AA. Long-term Micah may be the option, but he hasn't shown himself to be ready just yet.

I hate to see Semien go also. I think he will have an excellent season if given the chance to play every day.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:11 AM)
I think so too. Merkin alluded to such a few months ago. It's a scary prospect though. To go all in with these types of moves and then rely on an injury prone, suspect defensive 2B that hasn't hit above AA. Long-term Micah may be the option, but he hasn't shown himself to be ready just yet.

I hate to see Semien go also. I think he will have an excellent season if given the chance to play every day.

Micah hit pretty well in AAA last year.

The rotation is very exciting and still a fair amount of money left over and if jerry wants to party like its '05 he has some deep pockets to reach into for Melky and Headly. If there was ever a year to say f*** it and go for it, this would be it, our top ten pick is protected and they have a lot of money to spend.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:11 AM)

I think I want Johnson starting 2B for us.. Have him hit 9th and I think he would do well. Johnson and Eaton on the base paths throughout a game could cause havoc. If he struggles you always have Sanchez or Saldino to plug in there. A #9 hitter at 2B we can live with if he has his struggles. That line up would be very exciting though

Assuming the deal doesn't collapse, the start of the year pitching rotation would be:

4/6 @KC Sale

4/8 @KC Samardzija

4/9 @KC Quintana

Sale would start at home 4/12 against the Twins.

Samardzija would start his first home game 4/20 against Cleveland.

Get your tickets NOW!

I swear, some of you simply can't be happy with any deal.

They just got a top of the rotation pitcher for 2 unknowns that made it to the majors and had a small amount of "success" if you could even call it that.

Beck and Danish will make most forgot the prospects of Bassitt in a short time.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:14 AM)
He's has a 1.58 Whip over 5 MLB starts. That certainly doesn't equate to much value or success IMO. Beane seems to think so though. That's all that matters.

It does when you look at some of the performancss. He was a rookie and showed promise. He will be a good 3, 4 or 5 starter.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:15 AM)

They just got a top of the rotation pitcher for 2 unknowns that made it to the majors and had a small amount of "success" if you could even call it that.

I think everyone is happy with this.

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:13 AM)
The rotation is very exciting and still a fair amount of money left over and if jerry wants to party like its '05 he has some deep pockets to reach into for Melky and Headly. If there was ever a year to say f*** it and go for it, this would be it, our top ten pick is protected and they have a lot of money to spend.

Headley is just too expensive for the expected upgrade, and getting older.

I'm sure they made the same determination on Sandoval.

LF is another issue, though. We can obviously state ad infinitum we'd LOVE for 3B, 2B and C to be sure things, but no team has that certainty top to bottom through their 25 man roster.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:15 AM)

I dont think anyone is complaining about the deal as long as its not danish and bassitt. The discussion devolved into if bassitt is any good. Bassitt will be better than beck.