Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
Question is: Does he really fit into the future plans? 3B seems like Gillespie & (hopefully) eventually Davidson and 2B seems like either Sanchez or Johnson at this point. Semien kinda seems like the odd man out.

As Balta just pointed out, if you had to guess who will be the best hitter out of Semien, Sanchez, or Johnson, the money would be on Semien. It's not hard to imagine Semien ending up a better overall hitter than Gillaspie.

Do you want to trade that guy before he has proven that (and thus upped his value)?

Do you want to trade that guy for a 1 year rental?

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 09:12 PM)
Lol...

He wasn't the only saying it would happen this weekend but it seems as if something feel through.

Yep. We'll see. At least it gives us some insight into how "aggressive" Hanh is planning to be and how important winning is again to Jerry.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
I'm ok with it, depending on the deal.

Yea I'm okay with trading Anderson too...for lots of young talent. Not 1 year rents and not for mediocre and declining veterans.

I'll pass on another Ken Williams 86 win team with a stripped out farm system.

Trading him for 1 year of Shark to grace the Sox with his greateness is laughable.

Edited by GreenSox