Longoria & Will Myers

GoGoSox2k2

Not sure if this deserved a new thread, so feel free to move. But did anyone catch Mully & Hanley this morning (around 7) mention that the Sox are talking to the Rays about Longoria and/or Myers? I can not see the Rays dealing either of them considering they are both under control and good prices for years. But thought it was more than interesting?

Rock and/or Bucket are you guys out there? Who is Rick eyeing up now? I still think he has to be after the guy he mentioned they targetted in the 3 team trade at the deadline because I cant think that it would have been Shark.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
Not sure if this deserved a new thread, so feel free to move. But did anyone catch Mully & Hanley this morning (around 7) mention that the Sox are talking to the Rays about Longoria and/or Myers? I can not see the Rays dealing either of them considering they are both under control and good prices for years. But thought it was more than interesting?

Rock and/or Bucket are you guys out there? Who is Rick eyeing up now? I still think he has to be after the guy he mentioned they targetted in the 3 team trade at the deadline because I cant think that it would have been Shark.

I absolutely just heard that. I think if this thread reaches 10 pages, then it will become reality. So, everyone start talking

Rays would be stupid to sell off Longoria coming off his 2014 season when they're going to expect teams to ante up MVP-caliber minor league pieces in return.

It does make sense if they're going TOTAL rebuild.

Desmond Jennings is a player that KW has always coveted and would be available for the right price one would think...getting more and more expensive and his salary's steadily increasing.

How is Longoria anything but a complete fantasy? What could the Sox possibly afford to trade to acquire that caliber of player, signed to a very reasonable contract?

This is akin to Red Sox fans speculating about acquiring Sale.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 07:51 AM)
How is Longoria anything but a complete fantasy? What could the Sox possibly afford to trade to acquire that caliber of player, signed to a very reasonable contract?

This is akin to Red Sox fans speculating about acquiring Sale.

See ss2k5's post. Sale or Quintana...or just about all of the Sox's top prospects.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

Also heard Mully say this this morning. Supposedly there wasn't really legs to the rumor, it was just something that was out there. Would love a shot at Longoria and he's a guy I would definitely give up the farm for, but I just dont see that being realistic. Myers potentially, he was awful last season, but I still wouldnt mind adding him.

If Longoria was available, there is a far better chance he would wind up with the Cubs. I am sure they would give up some higher rated prospects than the Sox could give up to get him.

I see no reason why Tampa would trade him, unless they just want to be like Major League and piss their fanbase off so much they would want them to leave.

Myers would probably still cost a ton, but he is coming off a season where injuries impacted him. Not sure if he is willing to sign an extension early in his career like some younger players, but he'd be a great addition in keeping the team built primarily on younger talent.

I'm sure a deal around Rodon and Anderson would get TB at least thinking.