2015 TV Thread

LDF

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
To an extent, sure. I think the problem for me is they really haven't dug into any other character besides Phil. Everyone else is just a type. Which is fine if that's how the show is, but Phil has to do something else besides trying to get laid. Maybe now that everyone seems partnered up he'll move on.

It would have been 100 times better if this show were on Netflix and the entire season or half season was him wandering around by himself. Then he meets Carol and the end of the 1st season is January Jones showing up. You'd get more comedic value with Forte being Forte in different situations with other things to do.

Carol, btw, was perfectly cast.

Have you seen the latest episode? I think they are going to open up Todd a bit.

Carol/Kristen Schaal was perfection in this role. Shes so great.

From IMDB

Will Forte wrote the role of Carol specifically for Kristen Schaal.
Edited by RockRaines

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 11:38 PM)
GOT is officially off the reservation on the plot. Looks like a bit of rewriting.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 12:24 AM)
Definitely. I'm loving every minute of it.

I've disliked a lot of their re-writes but I really get the Sansa storyline. If they did they whole fake Arya/Jeyne Poole thing it would be too confusing. They also need something for Sansa to do. I think Sansa is going to play the role of "Abel" in Winterfell as well. Without certain characters in the show, this is probably the best direction for them to go in. I'm still holding out hope for

Wyman Manderly

to be included though!

I'm fine with the change for the show, but I don't think it's very believable for Sansa to agree to it. Going back to your home to marry into the family that killed your brother and took over your family castle, ending the Stark house? No chance.

Changes I like thus far:

-Jaime/Bronn going to Dorne, that cuts out some stuff but actually is a better storyline IMO

Changes I don't like:

-Sansa marrying Ramsay. WTF, why would she go for that? WTF was Baelish saying? Revenge her family by marrying into the Boltons? That does way more good for the Boltons then open any opportunity to Sansa for revenge. This is all about Littlefinger getting his way.

-Tyrion already getting snatched by Mormont. Goddamn this one hurt the most, for those who read the books Tyrion has a fantastic storyline that introduces a bunch of new key players, and while that could still happen I don't like how they much pretty decided to strip that all away. So many good characters are being left out right now, I understand that there are already a ton in the show but so many have been killed off it'd be great to get some of them into the show.

Also, get rid of the dumb "previously on" recaps.

All of that said, this last episode had a ton of great moments. The Margaery/Cersei scene was sooo fantasticly done.

My son and daughter finally behaved well for a night (each of them) and got to catch up on some GOT (finally all the way up to speed). I haven't read the books so I don't know what happened but I feel that there are a lot of interesting storylines leading up to what should be a great season (figure things are going to really build from here). Curious whether we have Jon Stark or Snow and what will happen with Sansa and Winterfell. As a fan of all things North, I get fired up at the thought of Snow becoming a Stark and kicking Bolton and Ramsie's asses back to the stoneage, taking over Winterfell and rescuing Sansa.

However...as a fan of the North...I realize I probably won't get my wish as the North is always getting crushed, haha. The one interesting thing...the show has less people I hate right now...Ramsay / Bolton I loathe and while I don't like Cersei (I think she plays the part fantastic and is good for the show), Reak (well I quietly hope he lashes back on them and rescues Sansa (if Snow doesn't). Outside of that, not a lot of people I loathe...where as I used to dislike the Kingslayer (now I like him) and with Joffrey and Lanister gone, who I despised too...I feel the show needs to find some new people to be "enemies".

Maybe they do that with Stannis (who I don't hate or like) and well I actually don't like the Queen much, but if she hitches her wagon to Tyrion (and it means more Tyrion), than count me in.

Damn...did I mention how much I love this series. I figure when my son / daughter grow up, I'll read these books and actually read Harry Potter and than show them the series.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
My son and daughter finally behaved well for a night (each of them) and got to catch up on some GOT (finally all the way up to speed). I haven't read the books so I don't know what happened but I feel that there are a lot of interesting storylines leading up to what should be a great season (figure things are going to really build from here). Curious whether we have Jon Stark or Snow and what will happen with Sansa and Winterfell. As a fan of all things North, I get fired up at the thought of Snow becoming a Stark and kicking Bolton and Ramsie's asses back to the stoneage, taking over Winterfell and rescuing Sansa.

However...as a fan of the North...I realize I probably won't get my wish as the North is always getting crushed, haha. The one interesting thing...the show has less people I hate right now...Ramsay / Bolton I loathe and while I don't like Cersei (I think she plays the part fantastic and is good for the show), Reak (well I quietly hope he lashes back on them and rescues Sansa (if Snow doesn't). Outside of that, not a lot of people I loathe...where as I used to dislike the Kingslayer (now I like him) and with Joffrey and Lanister gone, who I despised too...I feel the show needs to find some new people to be "enemies".

Maybe they do that with Stannis (who I don't hate or like) and well I actually don't like the Queen much, but if she hitches her wagon to Tyrion (and it means more Tyrion), than count me in.

Damn...did I mention how much I love this series. I figure when my son / daughter grow up, I'll read these books and actually read Harry Potter and than show them the series.

Harry Potter is training wheels for GOT. GOT is way to confusing for me. I read 150 pages of the first book and felt I needed a flowchart to keep going.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
I've liked GOT but I did not read the books and am clueless on pretty much most of what is happening.

What happened to the Stark kid that was pushed out the window. He has not been in this season I recall.

Not yet, but I presume we will get an update on them this season. This was also first we saw of Reek, Bolton and Ramsey this season as well. Like all things GOT, early episodes each season tend to be more about building the next big stories, especially given how much of a bang their tends to be late in each of the seasons.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
I'm fine with the change for the show, but I don't think it's very believable for Sansa to agree to it. Going back to your home to marry into the family that killed your brother and took over your family castle, ending the Stark house? No chance.

I mean, she kind of watched Little Finger do f***ed up s*** for awhile in the book. But its a total rewrite from what really happens to both Sansa and Ramsey.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
Changes I like thus far:

-Jaime/Bronn going to Dorne, that cuts out some stuff but actually is a better storyline IMO

Changes I don't like:

-Sansa marrying Ramsay. WTF, why would she go for that? WTF was Baelish saying? Revenge her family by marrying into the Boltons? That does way more good for the Boltons then open any opportunity to Sansa for revenge. This is all about Littlefinger getting his way.

-Tyrion already getting snatched by Mormont. Goddamn this one hurt the most, for those who read the books Tyrion has a fantastic storyline that introduces a bunch of new key players, and while that could still happen I don't like how they much pretty decided to strip that all away. So many good characters are being left out right now, I understand that there are already a ton in the show but so many have been killed off it'd be great to get some of them into the show.

Also, get rid of the dumb "previously on" recaps.

All of that said, this last episode had a ton of great moments. The Margaery/Cersei scene was sooo fantasticly done.

Yeah they cut out a huge part of Tyrion's journey and kept at least one REALLY important character out of the story so far. I mean maybe one of the most important characters in the entire story hasnt even appeared yet since they completely rewrote Tyrion's journey to Volantis.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
Not yet, but I presume we will get an update on them this season. This was also first we saw of Reek, Bolton and Ramsey this season as well. Like all things GOT, early episodes each season tend to be more about building the next big stories, especially given how much of a bang their tends to be late in each of the seasons.

Nope, Brann is confirmed to be absent this entire season

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
Harry Potter is training wheels for GOT. GOT is way to confusing for me. I read 150 pages of the first book and felt I needed a flowchart to keep going.

There are appendices in the back of each book with brief descriptions of the characters and which houses they belong to.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
Nope, Brann is confirmed to be absent this entire season

Damn you and your spoilers. Spoiler tag. Sheehs. Just kidding, doesn't really ruin anything just says that more of his story is still to come. Don't respond and tell me he just dies and there is no more of his story cause if that is the case, I don't want to know. I keep wondering when the youngest Stark will show up.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
Damn you and your spoilers. Spoiler tag. Sheehs. Just kidding, doesn't really ruin anything just says that more of his story is still to come. Don't respond and tell me he just dies and there is no more of his story cause if that is the case, I don't want to know. I keep wondering when the youngest Stark will show up.

Brann's story in the show is at about 98% of his story in the books so far, so no one knows for sure what happens next to him. They release so many details about actors appearing and not I don't really think that's a spoiler.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
Yes and I flipped to that about every two pages and got frustrated. It was too much like homework.

Yeah, I had that feeling at first, not knowing who was who and how they were all connected but it ended up all making sense.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 11:57 AM)

Arya is the coolest Stark by far anyway, her story is about to get awesome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
Arya is the coolest Stark by far anyway, her story is about to get awesome.

I like all the starks, even Sansa who I couldn't stand is starting to get interesting. Ayra is my favorite character on the entire show (along with Jon and Tyrion).