WhiteSox and Emilio Bonifacio agree to one year, $4 million contr

Downtown518

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's now official, Rick Hahn reads Soxtalk. YES!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. I had seen absolutely zero connection between the Sox and Bonifacio outside of people here wanting to sign him.

.959 OPS vs LHP in 2014, .721 for career. Even if he is closer to his career numbers than 2014 numbers, he's a solid platoon for Gillaspie at 3B. Appears to be decent defensively at 3B.

Well if the Sox suck next year, nobody here better blame Rick Hahn, because he is doing everything Soxtalk has demanded.

I think Bonifacio gets overrated because of a couple hot streaks (mostly fantasy baseball fans), but he's still better than a lot of the bench pieces the Sox have recently had.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 08:22 AM)
Well if the Sox suck next year, nobody here better blame Rick Hahn, because he is doing everything Soxtalk has demanded.

I think Bonifacio gets overrated because of a couple hot streaks (mostly fantasy baseball fans), but he's still better than a lot of the bench pieces the Sox have recently had.

One thing I did notice about him was at least one year with the Marlins and his start with the Cubs, is he gets ridiculously hot for about a week, then his numbers dropped. He did have a really good year a few years ago as a regular. I don't know much about his defensive prowess, but if he is at least average, it should help the team.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)
Holy s***. They definitely read the board, I mean come on? Nice signing. $4 million is probably too much but hey it's not my money.

No offense to anyone here, but if Rick Hahn is getting personnel ideas from Soxtalk, JR needs to find a new GM.

Thanks, Dick.

QUOTE (Downtown518 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
@jonmorosi 2m2 minutes ago

Source: #WhiteSox and Emilio Bonifacio agree to one year, $4 million contract.

Mr Hahn is a baseball demi-god. that is a great sign. too freaking

bad i don't live in chi, i would be getting a pack of tickets for next

season.

sox in "15

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
I don't know how good of a CF he is, but he played there quite a bit last year. It's nice to know he can fill in if/when Eaton needs time off, rather than Leury Garcia or Jordan Danks. It'll keep Cabrera consistent in LF and the 2-spot in the lineup.

Leury now probably goes to AAA where he really belonged in 2014. I still have hope for him as a versatile bench piece. He can't hit, but he doesn't have to hit much with all the other things he brings to the table.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
I was thinking the same thing. I had seen absolutely zero connection between the Sox and Bonifacio outside of people here wanting to sign him.

.959 OPS vs LHP in 2014, .721 for career. Even if he is closer to his career numbers than 2014 numbers, he's a solid platoon for Gillaspie at 3B. Appears to be decent defensively at 3B.

and he can manned any position outside cat if he is needed b/c

of injury.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 06:20 AM)

I hope you say this tongue in cheek. If people here can see that Bonifacio was a good fit it's possible Hahn could too . He still might read Soxtalk or have some intern do it but it's not to get ideas.

Bonifacio is the perfect bench player. He can play 6 positions, makes decent contact and can steal bases. Really makes it easy to pinch hit for players when you have a guy that can fill in virtually anywhere on the field. I'm not going to quibble about an extra million. This is a great pickup. Players like him are super valuable in October.

Edit: The club option makes it even better. If the Sox pick it up it means he did a good job in '15.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
One thing I did notice about him was at least one year with the Marlins and his start with the Cubs, is he gets ridiculously hot for about a week, then his numbers dropped. He did have a really good year a few years ago as a regular. I don't know much about his defensive prowess, but if he is at least average, it should help the team.

He definitely has a few hot streaks that make his overall numbers look better. You don't want him playing 140-150 games, but he can definitely help with his versatility and occasional offensive outbursts.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
I hope you say this tongue in cheek. If people here can see that Bonifacio was a good fit it's possible Hahn could too . He still might read Soxtalk or have some intern do it but it's not to get ideas.

either way, the real knowledgeable posters have a very good

grasp of baseball, the only difference is the sox brass has the

network to get even better knowledge and knows what the owner

has in mind for salary.

so if Mr Hahn does read this board, read this.

ok you got a great missing piece. now get the sox a

SP.