ST: 3/31 vs Dodgers

flavum

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
That should do it for Rodon. 5 IP, 4 H, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 R. Mostly kept the slider in his pocket.

That was fun. =)

Nice, biggest thing is he got through the spring healthy and ramped up nicely on his innings. I think he spends a month or so in Charlotte and then the worst of Noesi/Danks gets sent to the pen.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)
Anyone else see Soto replacing Flowers as everyday catcher by late May?

i really hate to say this, but i thought the idea was to see if Soto had anything left, to replace him now.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
hard to look a guy in the eye and tell him "go win a job" when a veteran like Gordon has an awful spring and is handed a job. I really think it would send a message is he was cut and Sanchez and Micah both get MLB jobs.

Oh, the humanity, all the money we wasted on Viciedo, Gordon, Paulino and Keppy.

Stupid Hahn.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
Yes.

Bleacher Report, lol.

But wasn't there a recent article on Flowers' "new changes" that brought his power game back?

Kind of like the inevitable "Gordon's got his swing repeatable and figured out with no hitches or dips" article. Gordon's just seeing the ball and hitting the ball and taking the game as it comes, naturally, not over-thinking blah blah blah.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 03:40 AM)
I'm going to wait til Tyler sucks during the regular season before we cry to replace him. From all indications the pitchers like throwing to him. If he hits 240 with power he will be fine.

got a good point, i will answer for me, in my hope of finding a better catcher who can hit, i missed the other things like defense and calling of a game, which i am assuming that is the reason why the pitchers like him as a catcher.

i will keep it like that unless i see it otherwise. nice post.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
Oh, the humanity, all the money we wasted on Viciedo, Gordon, Paulino and Keppy.

Stupid Hahn.

Ha, I think it's more like "silly JR". I'm sure he had a role in Beckham's return the guy for whatever reason is a beloved figure it seems. Even Hahn's comments about him seemed a little too fawning for my taste but they were imo influenced by his boss.

That said this is a coaching point and that's if you are telling guys like Sanchez and Micah "spring matters" but it doesn't matter for a .5 WAR vet, well, I dunno, guess they are all pros and at the end of the day they probably get it.

I just don't think it's the best look and ya know there's that whole "haven't developed a single position player worth a damn since ____" thing.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 11:46 PM)
Ha, I think it's more like "silly JR". I'm sure he had a role in Beckham's return the guy for whatever reason is a beloved figure it seems. Even Hahn's comments about him seemed a little too fawning for my taste but they were imo influenced by his boss.

That said this is a coaching point and that's if you are telling guys like Sanchez and Micah "spring matters" but it doesn't matter for a .5 WAR vet, well, I dunno, guess they are all pros and at the end of the day they probably get it.

I just don't think it's the best look and ya know there's that whole "haven't developed a single position player worth a damn since ____" thing.

Then how do you explain Bonifacio?