Bench clearing brawl

southsider2k5

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:48 PM)
When we hit a homer at home we need to milk it against them. Hit the ball, stare at it for about 30 seconds as you walk to first. Fist pump through the entire thing. And do a curtain call.

Abreu wont do that. Nobody else is hitting a lick.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 05:43 AM)
Well, whoever threw that punch at Samardzija as he was going to the ground (and he was wearing a jacket so maybe not n the game or just cold) deserves a 5 game suspension as well.

Volquez threw that punch for sure. He'll be suspended. Shark and Sale will get suspensions. Ditto Cain. And obviously Ventura. All the guys who got ejected.

It's interesting because now that we know Eaton yelled something at Ventura, you have to wonder if initially Ventura did anything wrong. Let's go by baseball's unwritten book that is so popular. If one ballplayer (Eaton) yells at another (Ventura), the guy who gets yelled at (Ventura) definitely needs to respond lest he be considered a p****. To be perfectly objective, Eaton started this incident. Because if Ventura ignores him, Ventura is considered the coward. What happened is Eaton yelled at Ventura and Ventura yelled back. The fight started when Eaton walked toward Ventura yelling more stuff.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 01:46 AM)
Volquez threw that punch for sure. He'll be suspended. Shark and Sale will get suspensions. Ditto Cain. And obviously Ventura. All the guys who got ejected.

It's interesting because now that we know Eaton yelled something at Ventura, you have to wonder if initially Ventura did anything wrong. Let's go by baseball's unwritten book that is so popular. If one ballplayer (Eaton) yells at another (Ventura), the guy who gets yelled at (Ventura) definitely needs to respond lest he be considered a p****. To be perfectly objective, Eaton started this incident. Because if Ventura ignores him, Ventura is considered the coward. What happened is Eaton yelled at Ventura and Ventura yelled back. The fight started when Eaton walked toward Ventura yelling more stuff.

What did Sale even do except yell at people and act like he was tough? lol

For some reason I don't think Eaton just started saying something at Ventura for no reason. I think he said something while Ventura stared him down right when he caught the ball. Then he throws out an F U, I would expect Eaton to say something back after that.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 06:58 AM)

For some reason I don't think Eaton just started saying something at Ventura for no reason. I think he said something while Ventura stared him down right when he caught the ball. Then he throws out an F U, I would expect Eaton to say something back after that.

Somebody said Eaton thought he was getting quick pitched and yelled right after he hit the grounder.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 02:58 AM)

There was a HBP earlier in the game, probably unintentional, on what people said was a changeup, my guess was Yost started yelling at Sale because of that.

Ventura's comments said that Eaton yelled something at him before he replied.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansa...le19361736.html

68% of Royals fans are blaming Samardzija...

23% Ventura...everyone else under 5%

If You're Going to Play Rough...

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le19340676.html

One other thing to consider is Alex Rios is also going to miss 4-8 weeks with a broken finger as a result of a HBP.

Pujols denies saying anything negative about KC/team/fans to Lawrie.....calls Yost.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le19338300.html

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 06:57 AM)
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansa...le19361736.html

68% of Royals fans are blaming Samardzija...

23% Ventura...everyone else under 5%

If You're Going to Play Rough...

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le19340676.html

One other thing to consider is Alex Rios is also going to miss 4-8 weeks with a broken finger as a result of a HBP.

Pujols denies saying anything negative about KC/team/fans to Lawrie.....calls Yost.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le19338300.html

You can also "consider" this is the third incident that Ventura has been involved already this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 06:04 AM)
You can also "consider" this is the third incident that Ventura has been involved already this year.

Yep, two for Samardzija as well.

Obviously MLB is going to make an example out of Ventura this time around...no way around that.

"This game is emotional, and it seems to follow them around," Sox manager Robin Ventura said. "It has happened often enough. Everybody gets emotional."

www.chicagotribune.com

Edited by caulfield12