2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
#10 - Ray[Lotto Scenario] / Collins

#26 - Sheffield / Lux / Bryan Reynolds

#49 - Speas

something like that and i'll be extremely happy.

I would be very happy with that. I think Bryan Reynolds is being overlooked. Speas is my favorite of the second tier prep arms as well.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 05:14 PM)
I would be very happy with that. I think Bryan Reynolds is being overlooked. Speas is my favorite of the second tier prep arms as well.

I agree Reynolds in a fair number of mocks is still there at #26 and Speas is also my favorite prep arm that could be there at #49, live arm that needs a fair amount of development that should fit in with the sox development program.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:53 PM)
Perez failed a drug test it seems.

keithlaw‏ @keithlaw

I can only say I was told it wasn't marijuana.

Dave Kass‏ @dkass

@JonHeyman @keithlaw recreational or performance enhancing

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 06:33 PM)
100% agree. Would be a phenomenal get as long he wasn't busted for PEDs.

Can they bust him if he took drugs before the draft?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
Can they bust him if he took drugs before the draft?

I think it's more or a reputation and performance speculation thing rather than a discipline thing.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
A month or two ago, wasn't Blake sitting as a hot pick for 1.1?

Yes, he is/has been getting nick picked on his game, he's suffering from the ultimate case of prospect fatigue. Has been in the spotlight for a long time

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 05:22 PM)
Sox know Reynolds very well. I don't know if they like him, but they've seen him and a lot at that.

Probably from when they were scouting Fulmer, I would imagine

Callis was on the Score. Sox dream scenario will be drafting Ray, but probably won't fall. Most likely Rutherford or Dunn. Sox been having a lot people watching Dunn. Huge helium. Also, mentioned Lux will not be there at 26. Will have to take him at #10 if they really want him. Many teams are now on Lux from picks #13-24.

Edited by PolishPrince34

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 06:44 AM)
Callis was on the Score. Sox dream scenario will be drafting Ray, but probably won't fall. Most likely Rutherford or Dunn. Sox been having a lot people watching Dunn. Huge helium. Also, mentioned Lux will not be there at 26. Will have to take him at #10 if they really want him. Many teams are now on Lux from picks #13-24.

Rutherford would be ideal for me. Looks like a Jim Edmonds type offensive profile but in an OF corner. I'd live with Dunn though slightly below slot.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 07:16 AM)
Would love Rutherfold if he's available. Very interested to see how how this Delvin Perez shakes out. Bad makeup, but might have the biggest ceiling in the whole draft.

Watch the Cubs get Perez in the 3rd round (obviously kidding).

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
Will there be a separate thread for the draft when it is live on Thursday with the first post being updated for each selection? I will be busy around the time the draft starts and would like to follow along during the end of my work day/commute on the train.

Bump

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
More specifically, we will have a pinned thread in PHT for Draft Day 1, with the Draft Tracker link and other info in the OP.

I recall people getting upset about selections being posted in the draft thread via twitter from reputable sources before they are actually announced on TV/Streams. I believe the ultimate decision was that it was okay to post ahead. Following the same guidelines this year?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
Didn't know much about Dunn. That's a live arm. Is he expected in the top ten range or someone that could possibly drop?

He was initially a late first round guy, but mega-helium. Harness his stuff, and the sky could be the limit. Probably the highest upside of the college arms aside from Puk.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
Didn't know much about Dunn. That's a live arm. Is he expected in the top ten range or someone that could possibly drop?

He has been soaring up draft boards since he was transitioned into the bullpen mid-season. Has shown very encouraging (but raw) secondary stuff along with a big fastball and good slider.

He was mocked at #11 by Keith Law and Jim Callis and Sox have scouted him heavily. I would venture to guess that he is the back-up plan if Ray doesn't fall and/or Rutherford or another prep wants way overslot.

Edited by southside hitman