Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
Mlbtr posted about how the Astros are going to have 40-man roster problems in the off-season again and that can help motivate them to make a couple of trades for starting pitching.

what i see in hou is a trade of their surplus players with a possibility of a decent prospect. in other word, sell off those prospect who they identify as extra players in the big picture.

i would not want hou to dictate the terms of the trade.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 06:33 AM)
Mlbtr posted about how the Astros are going to have 40-man roster problems in the off-season again and that can help motivate them to make a couple of trades for starting pitching.

The Astros are loaded with 2nd tier prospects. If you are going to trade for those guys, you better get quantity and home 1 rises from the din.

And, of course, 2nd tier prospects is what most teams will want to trade for a rent of Shark, and understandably (that's what we traded for our rent of Shark).

Hoes is one of those guys the Astros had up for a couple of years, and then replaced with better players.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)
what i see in hou is a trade of their surplus players with a possibility of a decent prospect. in other word, sell off those prospect who they identify as extra players in the big picture.

i would not want hou to dictate the terms of the trade.

Why would the Astros be dictating terms? Shark is the White Sox asset. Sox dictate terms until they either decide to take less for their asset or not trade him at all.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
Why would the Astros be dictating terms? Shark is the White Sox asset. Sox dictate terms until they either decide to take less for their asset or not trade him at all.

it was just my choice of words to make a point. i did not know someone would take heed in this innocent phrase.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-h...proposed-dealsv

White sox are listed #10. Suggesting shark traded to the blue jays for catching prospect Max Pentecost

interesting name for the trade. he is still injured, if i remember isn't there something about trading a player who is injured??

either way, he missed almost a 1/2 season so far due to his injury. he will be a raw prospects. but i still will do it, i would ask for another player. that will be selling Shark short, remember the sox will get a comp pick next yr.

I'd rather the Sox found another team to trade with. Pentecost has had two surgeries on his throwing shoulder since being drafted in 2014 so that's likely why Toronto would be willing to part with him in a trade for Samardzija. No thanks.

The market for Samardzija is picking up so Sox just need to remain patient.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
Most of these catcher prospects, if they succeed, will end up being like these catchers we're always dissatisfied with. Rather see some positions solidified that are easier to solidify.

Pentecost is a mile away from the majors, injured. Pass

after seeing that he had another surgery on him shoulder, ehhh forget about it. if the Tor wants him, all i see are pitchers that i would be entice with.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
I like your thinking. Would really like to get Elias Diaz to go with Meadows.

i can see why your and several other excitement on the Pitt of-prospect, but the need of this club is cat, 3b infielder, in that order per my opinion. pitt has 4 catching prospect in the T30. again basing on the hole the system has, i will ask for a cat to start, Reese McGuire-cat has the most upside. then i would deal with another hole. i think Meadows, while promising, i think Pitt will be hesitant to allow a 2 nd player.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
i can see why your and several other excitement on the Pitt of-prospect, but the need of this club is cat, 3b infielder, in that order per my opinion. pitt has 4 catching prospect in the T30. again basing on the hole the system has, i will ask for a cat to start, Reese McGuire-cat has the most upside. then i would deal with another hole. i think Meadows, while promising, i think Pitt will be hesitant to allow a 2 nd player.

But from Pitts point of view they are likely looking to trade from their outfield depth which is rather deep considering they just sent Tabata and his contract to AAA. Reese is a heck of a prospect but he's a catcher at A+ and only 20 years old so he's likely quite a ways off from being MLB ready which does not really help the Sox much. Diaz could step into the majors right now as a good defensive oriented backup with a cannon for an arm and still just 24 years old so there is still a chance he could become an every day catcher in time.

If Pitt needs a second player the Sox could offer a reliever in the deal since thats one area the Sox have an excess of.

As far as 3B Pitt does not have anything to offer that could help the Sox in the short term. They have Wyatt Mathisen but he doesn't grade out any better than what the Sox have in Delmonico. I actually prefer Delmonico over Mathisen.

So as far as trading with Pitt goes its about outfielders and catchers.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
Most of these catcher prospects, if they succeed, will end up being like these catchers we're always dissatisfied with. Rather see some positions solidified that are easier to solidify.

Pentecost is a mile away from the majors, injured. Pass

I'm with you. Treat it like the draft, best player available You're not likely to get elite players at catcher so why even bother ? Get a guy who can hit and defend at any position and make whatever subsequent deals you might make.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
But from Pitts point of view they are likely looking to trade from their outfield depth which is rather deep considering they just sent Tabata and his contract to AAA. Reese is a heck of a prospect but he's a catcher at A+ and only 20 years old so he's likely quite a ways off from being MLB ready which does not really help the Sox much. Diaz could step into the majors right now as a good defensive oriented backup with a cannon for an arm and still just 24 years old so there is still a chance he could become an every day catcher in time.

If Pitt needs a second player the Sox could offer a reliever in the deal since thats one area the Sox have an excess of.

As far as 3B Pitt does not have anything to offer that could help the Sox in the short term. They have Wyatt Mathisen but he doesn't grade out any better than what the Sox have in Delmonico. I actually prefer Delmonico over Mathisen.

So as far as trading with Pitt goes its about outfielders and catchers.

nice reasoning, i guess the main question is, will the sox select prospect who can step in and be able to play next yr....

i am looking at players who may be 2 yrs away but 1 player who can step in to help.

it is confusing, but i can see what i am looking at. i may have a hard time explaining it.