White Sox decline option on Alexei Ramirez

Whisox05

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
Who is going to play shortstop now? Could Alexei still return on a cheaper contract?

Yes. I bet any money he is the shortstop next season. Anything less than 1 year 9 mill makes this worth it since we would save money. I'm going to guess 1/6 (7 mill including the buyout).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
Yes. I bet any money he is the shortstop next season. Anything less than 1 year 9 mill makes this worth it since we would save money. I'm going to guess 1/6 (7 mill including the buyout).

Anything less than $10 million for Alexei is a good deal for the Sox IMO.

He gets a lot of crap from people on here, but he's still one of the better overall shortstops in the American League.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
I hope he's gone, but it really comes down to whether they have any better options. If the answer is no, he'll probably be back at a reduced price.

At a low guarantee, it's hard to think of a better option. I wonder which team would offer him anything close to the price of his option.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)

He gets a lot of crap from people on here, but he's still one of the better overall shortstops in the American League.

Plus there really is no read yin-house option if we are trying to compete. With a rebuild approach, I really wouldn't mind Saladino there but they won't toss him out there with a young 3B and young 2B.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)

He's actually the worst of the qualified SS in the AL