I want everyone's one FA/Trade prediction

Bigsoxhurt35

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the White Sox are going to trade Quintana I would hope he would go to Seattle for 3rd baseman Kyle Seager. Seager is young, a good power hitter who hits left handed and is a Gold Glove 3rd baseman. Seager would solve alot of our problems if the White Sox acquire him. He's also tied up for a number of years with his contract.

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 07:21 AM)
I think we double down on pitching and copy the Royals by investing in the bullpen and trade for Giles from PHI.

I also think we sign Ian Desmond. Maybe not to play SS, but to play 3B, 2B, or DH. Maybe even on a 1 or 2 year rebuild value deal like 1/18 or 2/34. He could be looking at a 200 million contract next offseason or two if he has a season or seasons anything like his previous ones, and the South Side is a good spot to do that, potentially as a DH against LHP. Focus on offense half his games. Not sure he wants to lock himself into a 4 year deal for 50-70 million from a limited market when he could be looking at hundreds of millions and more choices on where to play.

Based on the following article, a short term deal might be very appealing to Desmond:

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2015/9/28/9409...mond-free-agent

Such an arrangement could be ideal for the Sox, as well. Hahn could simply tell him that the Sox understand that he had an uncharacteristically mediocre season, and that they would give him an opportunity to rebuild his true value. They could even guarantee him two years, with an opt out in the 2ND year. What would Desmond have to lose? Let him name his price, within reason. We would be getting a guy who is still in his prime, without having to make a long term commitment. In fact, I'd like to see another player, or two, in a similar circumstance, signed to deals like that. It sure beats giving guys at the end of their careers, long term, exorbitant contracts.

Since I made an FA prediction, I will now make a trade prediction.

Nothing too specific, but I really do think we match up with the Dbacks very well. We give them a pitcher, Quintana or Erik Johnson, and we get one or more of their extra OF and 3B/SS types. I would love Inciarte or Pollock (Pollock for Quintana straight up maybe) , maybe Peralta if those were not available, and Brandon Drury really interests me as well.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
Since I made an FA prediction, I will now make a trade prediction.

Nothing too specific, but I really do think we match up with the Dbacks very well. We give them a pitcher, Quintana or Erik Johnson, and we get one or more of their extra OF and 3B/SS types. I would love Inciarte or Pollock (Pollock for Quintana straight up maybe) , maybe Peralta if those were not available, and Brandon Drury really interests me as well.

I agree that we should trade with Arizona, but you're definitely underrating Pollock.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
Based on the following article, a short term deal might be very appealing to Desmond:

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2015/9/28/9409...mond-free-agent

Such an arrangement could be ideal for the Sox, as well. Hahn could simply tell him that the Sox understand that he had an uncharacteristically mediocre season, and that they would give him an opportunity to rebuild his true value. They could even guarantee him two years, with an opt out in the 2ND year. What would Desmond have to lose? Let him name his price, within reason. We would be getting a guy who is still in his prime, without having to make a long term commitment. In fact, I'd like to see another player, or two, in a similar circumstance, signed to deals like that. It sure beats giving guys at the end of their careers, long term, exorbitant contracts.

Why would they give up a top 30 pick to sign Ian Desmond? Why would they give it up to sign him to a short-term deal?

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)
I'm making this now for my personal record. Just curious on one free agent or trade target you think we'll get.

My one prediction is 3B David Freese 3 years $30 million

I just read the article about the top 5 FA 3B available. Pretty sad when Gillaspie is #5 and Beckham #3.

Edited by Saufley

Colby Rasmus 3 years $42M. A change in the way Rasmus puts his hands and bat in Sept. coincided with a hot September and carried over to the playoffs. If he really has discovered something ( his stance now looks similar to Bryce Harpers) he could be a bargain. Not only did he improve his power but also his walks since around the beginning of Sept. and forward.

Don't really think this will happen because the 'Stros gave him a QO but it'll be very interesting to see how he performs next year with whoever.

Doubt the Sox sign anyone with a QO attached to him.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside