Orioles DO NOT Sign Fowler

southsider2k5

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (coco1997 @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)

Why is that?

Because he's not even cleared yet to sign and the timetable usually ends up 2-4 months longer than speculated...then he would need a minimum of 6-8 weeks to get his timing. Since he hasn't played a regular schedule of games for nearly a year, it might take even longer.

We're talking something like the 16th ranked of the remaining Cubans...so the projection is probably more of a fourth outfielder than an impact player/regular.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/internation...north-carolina/

He wouldn't be bad as an option for 2017, but he won't be a savior this season. The elder Gourriel brother is the only true instant impact position player on the market right now. And he's yet to be cleared as well.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 24, 2016 -> 12:38 AM)
I don't know if I should be happy or sad about him not coming to the Sox.

Obviously he would've made the team better in the short term, but that's a pretty hefty price for a guy like him.

Just get Jackson and I'll be happy.

That's a great deal for Baltimore.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 11:43 PM)
$35 million + the pick is a hefty price to me, especially for a team like the Sox that always seem to be strapped for cash.

That's the exact type of deal they need to be able to afford if they have no desire to outspend the big name teams for a player.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 11:43 PM)
$35 million + the pick is a hefty price to me, especially for a team like the Sox that always seem to be strapped for cash.

strap for cash..... yeah right.

i know, i should be asking for your apology for this, b/c everyone has a right to post an opinion.

sorry.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 24, 2016 -> 12:43 AM)

If they can't afford a legit good player at a steal of a contract like the one Fowler just took, they are in far worse condition than they've let on.

More and more signs that they were making "we tried" offers to OF options instead of seriously pursuing them.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)
Ok, I'll rephrase it. They appear to be strapped for cash, but they probably aren't.

Better?

like that will help them get an of'er for the team ????

these win or lost battles based on debating, will not soften the blow of a blown opportunity to win.....