2016 AL Central catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers are going to have to think long and hard if they want to trade Profar and Gallo for another starting pitcher.

Tough call.

As long as they're in 1st place, they won't have the pressure to do so. But the Mariners are giving them a run for their money so far.

Yet another injury to the Royals. Brett Eibner had to taken off the field on a stretcher after going after Brad Miller's triple in LF. Jorge Bonifacio or perhaps Hunter Dozier would be the next man up.

Left lateral ankle sprain, no knee damage.

Edited by caulfield12

Not to belabor the point, but the Sox really provided a tonic for what ailed the Royals. 5-1 vs. Chicago already this year. Can you imagine when the Sox visit Kauffman again, which they have to do seven or more times? We'll probably not win a game in Kauffman this year. Somehow the Sox have to become functional, not dysfunctional, vs. KC. I mean just our performance vs. Detroit and KC again this year will be the reason we are not a WC contender.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 02:30 AM)
Rangers are going to have to think long and hard if they want to trade Profar and Gallo for another starting pitcher.

Tough call.

As long as they're in 1st place, they won't have the pressure to do so. But the Mariners are giving them a run for their money so far.

Yet another injury to the Royals. Brett Eibner had to taken off the field on a stretcher after going after Brad Miller's triple in LF. Jorge Bonifacio or perhaps Hunter Dozier would be the next man up.

Left lateral ankle sprain, no knee damage.

That one actually looked bad. Eibner went down.

If someone would have written that Paulo Orlando, Whit Merrifield, Sal Butera, Brett Eibner and Cheslor Cuthbert would be "leading" the Royals into first place as the calendar turned to June, that same sabremetrics person would definitely be counterarguing "regression to mean" catching up to them at some point.

Until this year, Butera and Eibner have been more well-known for their "flowing locks" and "popularity with the ladies" than anything they've ever accomplished on the field.

In the end, Cain/Hosmer/Perez are the heart of the team now, and the only ones deserving of All-Star consideration despite the likes of Omar Infante and Morales (hitting under .200) being second at their positions in early All-Star balloting for the 2nd consecutive year.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 31, 2016 -> 09:30 PM)

Tough call.

Depends on what they want to do with CF. If Profar can seriously play the position (i have my doubts), they probably won't move him. Also, the bigger thing if you're the Rangers is what to do with Prince Fielder. He has that big contract, but that's not a reason to play him if he's bad.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
Only 2600 followers, so this might not be real but........

Vince Grzegorek ‏@vincethepolack 7m7 minutes ago

Source: Tribe's Marlon Byrd tested positive for PEDs, again. Previously suspended 50 games after testing positive in 2012. Announcement soon

sounds legit, as others are confirming

Byrd is just an addict, either the drugs or the working out, either way he isn't too smart about his juicing. Of course this is the same guy that still worked with Victor Conte after balco went down

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)
Addicted to PEDs...LOL

I think it's the working out, similar to bodybuilders. Byrd is ridiculously huge now, he has been busted multiple times. He has no reason to do it

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)
Multiple outlets saying the same thing. I hate that guy.

He really has no reason not to though. If he weren't on steroids, he wouldn't be on a team. He can just retire anyway when he gets caught. Makes sense to me.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 08:32 PM)
He really has no reason not to though. If he weren't on steroids, he wouldn't be on a team. He can just retire anyway when he gets caught. Makes sense to me.

Yep, make the money while you can.

Even with Soria being pretty consistently shaky, that Sox series and the one against the Red Sox where they took 2/3 really really rejuvenated their team.

The crazy thing is how all these "2000's era Twins' scrubs/Piranhas" keep coming out of nowhere and contributing.

They missed really big on Bubba Starling, it's also looking doubtful with Kyle Zimmer due to injuries and they've traded away Manaea, Finnegan, Lamb, Montgomery and Odorizzi from their pitching depth but are still hanging in there.

They can beat up on each other for four days in CLE. Should be a really interesting series, Bauer just pitched tonight so it's the top four pitchers for the Indians going.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
If someone would have written that Paulo Orlando, Whit Merrifield, Sal Butera, Brett Eibner and Cheslor Cuthbert would be "leading" the Royals into first place as the calendar turned to June, that same sabremetrics person would definitely be counterarguing "regression to mean" catching up to them at some point.

Until this year, Butera and Eibner have been more well-known for their "flowing locks" and "popularity with the ladies" than anything they've ever accomplished on the field.

In the end, Cain/Hosmer/Perez are the heart of the team now, and the only ones deserving of All-Star consideration despite the likes of Omar Infante and Morales (hitting under .200) being second at their positions in early All-Star balloting for the 2nd consecutive year.

I think their advance scouts are so good it gives them a big time advantage. They are 5-1 vs. White Sox with this collection of stiffs. It seems their pitchers know exactly how to retire our guys and they know exactly where to play them in case they hit the ball. Meanwhile, they just plain attack our corps of relievers. They did the same to Tampa. I mean it's obvious they own the White Sox and I think it's mostly cause of scouting and playing smart compared to our clownish play.