4/11 Game thread: @ Minnesota, 3:10pm, CSN/WLS

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 13th in IP among all pitchers from 2013-2015.

That's because he is the rare pitcher these days who truly seems to have a rubber arm.

I like Quintana, I think he's a very good pitcher, I think he can be the #2 on playoff team. He does hold himself back sometimes, especially with the nibbling. But the nibbling is part of his essence so I forgive it.

God damn it Avi.

He's such a conundrum. Showed great patience the last PA and got a walk. This time, goes after the first pitch and pops it up...

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
That's because he is the rare pitcher these days who truly seems to have a rubber arm.

I like Quintana, I think he's a very good pitcher, I think he can be the #2 on playoff team. He does hold himself back sometimes, especially with the nibbling. But the nibbling is part of his essence so I forgive it.

No one is saying Quintana's a perfect pitcher. But I think you're overstating his faults, blowing too many leads is not one of them. And Quintana is effective because of the nibbling, he doesn't have overpowering stuff. If he didn't nibble he wouldn't be good.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)
God damn it Avi.

He's such a conundrum. Showed great patience the last PA and got a walk. This time, goes after the first pitch and pops it up...

Especially KNOWING he just led off Lawrie with a breaking ball strike. I COME ON THINK. Avi just seems like a low baseball IQ player. He should have been taking all the way there unless it was dead red outside fastball that he can drive.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 05:52 PM)
No one is saying Quintana's a perfect pitcher. But I think you're overstating his faults, blowing too many leads is not one of them. And Quintana is effective because of the nibbling, he doesn't have overpowering stuff. If he didn't nibble he wouldn't be good.

exactly. Q is the man, appreciate having a top 20 pitcher in MLB as your #2.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:53 PM)
Especially KNOWING he just led off Lawrie with a breaking ball strike. I COME ON THINK. Avi just seems like a low baseball IQ player. He should have been taking all the way there unless it was dead red outside fastball that he can drive.

Considering that some people thought he was the second coming of Miggy when he was in Detroit, that's what makes it pretty funny.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)

I'm willing to give Avi some slack because he's still young. If he's still doing this when he's 28, then probably not.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Considering that some people thought he was the second coming of Miggy when he was in Detroit, that's what makes it pretty funny.

lol, come on, no one actually said he was the second coming of Miguel Cabrera. People said his swing was similar to Cabrera, which is not the same thing.