Tim Anderson Called up...Rollins DFA'd

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (skooch @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
whitesoxdave

‏@barstoolWSD

Just confirmed Tim Anderson has been called up

If true, let's hope it's because they think he's ready not just a stunt to get fans excited about something.

I have to give the sox credit even if it doesn't work in the long run, either way it seems they are not sitting there remaining stagnant and just letting things play out how they play out.....danks gone, latos gone, bringing in shields, calling up Anderson and getting rid of rollins, at least they aren't continuing to run the same roster out there on a daily basis

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:32 AM)
He better play almost every day if we are pulling him up here.

Absolutely. Maybe giving him a break if there is a certain pitcher they think will be really tough on him. Other than that it should be everyday, struggles or not

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
I think this is too soon for Anderson.

I am not sure. I will hold my breathe when the ball is hit to him because I know even he knows he has to work on that area of his game but I think he may bring it offensively right from jump.

This is where the Sox higher ups have to trust that he's ready. They can't get caught up with players from the past and be afraid. If they see a major league ready player, and there's a need, then it's time.

We'll see. Hopefully, they are confident he's ready to learn in the MLB. It doesn't mean he needs to be an All-Star right away. He just needs to show the ability and hoefully the progress. Let's hope the media doesn't "shields" him and create too much hype around it.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
I am not sure. I will hold my breathe when the ball is hit to him because I know even he knows he has to work on that area of his game but I think he may bring it offensively right from jump.

For what its worth, it seems like lately a lot of Sox prospects hit pretty decently when initially called up. Then when teams start adjusting they cool off.