Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins 6/29/2016, Shields vs Nolasco, 7:

hi8is

For the first time in 12 years, here's a hi8is started game thread.

I can't sleep, clowns will eat me.

In the White corner... Hailing from Newhall California, a battered and bruised ill advised trade acquisition seeking a redemptive start to begin undoing heaps of chunk filled vomit that has been flung all about the baseball world at historic levels. Supporting his quest, a putrid offensive attack who's main contribution as of late has come from a rookie with like 28 games of AAA experience. If this band of brothers hits 7 home runs in a single game - have no fear, they still may lose.

In the Twinkie corner... Coming from Who the f*** Knows and Who the f*** Cares is Ricky "the b**** boy" Nolasco. Last minute scouting reports break astounding news that this right handed hack job hasn't been able to find his dental retainer for the past 4 days and is now PISSED OFF. His ERA+ and WHIP add up to the amount of women I've slept with if you move a decimal point over a couple spaces to the right. As such, logic blaintently tells us he is likely to throw a 2 hit complete game shutout against the Sox. Leading the little toothed fish stick attack is someone not named Joe.

hi8is take away point: bet the house on a called strike in the 3rd inning on Shield's 97th pitch of the night. It will be a ball, low and away - however the umpire will be too busy smelling his hand after checking himself for skid marks and will as such - make a bad call.

In all seriousness, I hope this is the start of a 11 game winning streak so I'll have 10 more chances to top this entirely retarded stroke of juxtaposited genius.

Gold I tell you... Gold.

:gosox1:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 07:56 AM)
Anything less than 14-7 the next 21 should make the Sox sellers. So these next two are kinda must wins.

What are they selling though? Avila, Navarro, Ajax, Albers, are their only free agents. I think they keep Frazier, Lawrie, Melky, etc because they want to compete in 2017. This isn't easy to do and they definitely aren't rebuilding.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 05:24 AM)
For the first time in 12 years, here's a hi8is started game thread.

I can't sleep, clowns will eat me.

In the White corner... Hailing from Newhall California, a battered and bruised ill advised trade acquisition seeking a redemptive start to begin undoing heaps of chunk filled vomit that has been flung all about the baseball world at historic levels. Supporting his quest, a putrid offensive attack who's main contribution as of late has come from a rookie with like 28 games of AAA experience. If this band of brothers hits 7 home runs in a single game - have no fear, they still may lose.

In the Twinkie corner... Coming from Who the f*** Knows and Who the f*** Cares is Ricky "the b**** boy" Nolasco. Last minute scouting reports break astounding news that this right handed hack job hasn't been able to find his dental retainer for the past 4 days and is now PISSED OFF. His ERA+ and WHIP add up to the amount of women I've slept with if you move a decimal point over a couple spaces to the right. As such, logic blaintently tells us he is likely to throw a 2 hit complete game shutout against the Sox. Leading the little toothed fish stick attack is someone not named Joe.

hi8is take away point: bet the house on a called strike in the 3rd inning on Shield's 97th pitch of the night. It will be a ball, low and away - however the umpire will be too busy smelling his hand after checking himself for skid marks and will as such - make a bad call.

In all seriousness, I hope this is the start of a 11 game winning streak so I'll have 10 more chances to top this entirely retarded stroke of juxtaposited genius.

Gold I tell you... Gold.

:gosox1:

I'm impressed. Your clowns must be really scary to come up with this.

Bravo!! Thanks for laughs. Hate to admit I am kind of hoping for Shields to get tore up again. I cant quite explain why apart from the fact that continuing to follow this wholly mediocre team is already masochistic, so why not keep it comin!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:48 AM)
Juxtaposited or juxtaposed?

At least you get points for attempted humor and creativity...

iPhones aren't conductive for error free late night spelling.

QUOTE (napa_soxfan @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
Bravo!! Thanks for laughs. Hate to admit I am kind of hoping for Shields to get tore up again. I cant quite explain why...

Vicarious suffering in order to subconsciously acknowledge suppressed disassociated trauma.... That's my guess at least.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 01:53 PM)
Vicarious suffering in order to subconsciously acknowledge suppressed disassociated trauma.... That's my guess at least.

I thought he just hated the White sox organization and wants sweeping changes.....Huh, who knew.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 12:10 PM)
I thought he just hated the White sox organization and wants sweeping changes.....Huh, who knew.

Ill be billing him $1,250.00 for that.

Lots of hitters have had success against Nolasco...Eaton is 6 for 18 against him, Abreu is 4 for 11, Lawrie is 5 for 10, even Avi is 3 for 7. Shuck has 2 hits in 3 atbats against him, and Saladino is 1 for 2 if that means anything. Anyone know what is going on with Melky and his wrist? Is he healthy enough to play? He also has had a lot of success against Nolasco going 8 for 19 against him. Hoping for an offensive breakout tonight.

Why is Jason Coats on the team? I mean really? Maybe he's terrible. Maybe he's not. he's had like 20 plate appearances. Shuck and Garcia have had years worth of at-bats. Garcia has a .656 OPS and a wRc+ of 76. Shuck is even worse with a .571 and 47 wRc+. It's ridiculous.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
Why is Jason Coats on the team? I mean really? Maybe he's terrible. Maybe he's not. he's had like 20 plate appearances. Shuck and Garcia have had years worth of at-bats. Garcia has a .656 OPS and a wRc+ of 76. Shuck is even worse with a .571 and 47 wRc+. It's ridiculous.

I feel your pain but what other options do they have? The fact that ALL of the guys you mentioned as actually on the big league roster shows how bereft of talent the organization really is doesn't it?

This three years after they started cutting out the deadwood in 2013.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 04:56 PM)
I feel your pain but what other options do they have? The fact that ALL of the guys you mentioned as actually on the big league roster shows how bereft of talent the organization really is doesn't it?

Mark

I'd start Eaton in CF, Coats in RF and Davidson at DH. There's absolutely no reason not to try it. None.

Have Davidson's strikeout rates come down recently?

Delmonico's not an option based on performance after Charlotte promotion, not sure about Hayes.

I was GOING to say Courtney Hawkins (on a tear)...striking out 1/3 at-bats in BIRM would turn into 1/2 to 1/2.5 with the White Sox. But it would be a lot more fun than watching Garcia/Shuck or the catchers at DH. Or Coats, since they're bound and determined not to trust him with playing time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
Have Davidson's strikeout rates come down recently?

Delmonico's not an option based on performance after Charlotte promotion, not sure about Hayes.

I was GOING to say Courtney Hawkins (on a tear)...striking out 1/3 at-bats in BIRM would turn into 1/2 to 1/2.5 with the White Sox. But it would be a lot more fun than watching Garcia/Shuck or the catchers at DH. Or Coats, since they're bound and determined not to trust him with playing time.

Davidson is striking out 26%. Has a .781 OPS with 10 homers. WOBA of .353 and a wRc+ of 125. He's been much better

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 05:39 PM)
Man Siera Santos is the goods. Suzannah Collins to Jen Lada to Siera Santos is quality. CSN does that right.

I miss the days when there were female sportscasters like Robin Roberts, Hannah Storm and Gayle Gardner who were known just as much for their sports acumen as their appearance/artificial enhancements.

You'd think we would have progressed in that regard...instead, it has become even MORE about appearance than sports knowledge, with a few notable exceptions.

Even Laura Okmin, back in the day, she was very pretty, but good enough to work for CNN in terms of her reporting skills.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 04:57 PM)
I'd start Eaton in CF, Coats in RF and Davidson at DH. There's absolutely no reason not to try it. None.

Yeah, I completely agree with this. Worth trying anything over Avi & Shuck and hell, maybe you get lucky one of these guys develops into something. We already know what Avi & Shuck are and it's not good.