Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 2

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
Why do the Cubs suck against the Sox?

Old age and treachery beats youth and enthusiasm everytime (at least that's what I tell my kids).

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 08:34 PM)
He's a good ballplayer.

People didn't believe me a few weeks into the season that he is actually pretty good and should have been starting at SS. Too bad Hahn really wanted Rollins to waste 2 months of the season at SS

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
People didn't believe me a few weeks into the season that he is actually pretty good and should have been starting at SS. Too bad Hahn really wanted Rollins to waste 2 months of the season at SS

I think Ventura has done a really good job of putting him in good situations. Anytime he plays daily, his numbers start to slide back.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
Come on dude. He's had 24 strikeouts and 16 walks in 47 innings, along with a 35% groundball rate, 33% hard hit rate and 8% soft hit rate. He's been extremely lucky.

There's this thing called heart you might want to check into. You won't find it on a stat sheet anywhere.There have been many many pitchers in the history of baseball who have got by on heart and guile changing speeds and locations and knowing hitters strengths and weakness. It is a science or art take your pick. .

Results are the only thing that matter. Will you be happy when he gets lit up so you can say I told you so his peripherals predicted this ?

I will take a 4 or 5 starter having a streak like he's on now any time over you proclaiming how lucky he is when he allows no runs to one of the best hitting teams in baseball. Talk to me when you've been around the game for 40 years and you know what you are talking about. That is, if you have learned anything about the art of pitching or the heart of champions.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
There's this thing called heart you might want to check into. You won't find it on a stat sheet anywhere.There have been many many pitchers in the history of baseball who have got by on heart and guile changing speeds and locations and knowing hitters strengths and weakness. It is a science or art take your pick. .

Results are the only thing that matter. Will you be happy when he gets lit up so you can say I told you so his peripherals predicted this ?

I will take a 4 or 5 starter having a streak like he's on now any time over you proclaiming how lucky he is when he allows no runs to one of the best hitting teams in baseball. Talk to me when you've been around the game for 40 years and you know what you are talking about. That is, if you have learned anything about the art of pitching or the heart of champions.

Heart and a nutsack. James has both and doesn't give a f***. This is the guy I thought we were getting all along. Not dominant every time out and not striking out 10 but being solid and the bulldog. Always loved the guy. Wanted to sign him back when he was a FA just not to a mega contract.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:36 PM)
This team is fool's gold. Sell sell sell.

With that said its always great beating the worldly Cubs

I wouldn't say fool's gold, pretty much everyone expected this to be a .500 team and that's what they are. I'm fine with not trading Quintana/Sale right now if the offers aren't there, but they need to take advantage of the price tag on relievers.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
I wouldn't say fool's gold, pretty much everyone expected this to be a .500 team and that's what they are. I'm fine with not trading Quintana/Sale right now if the offers aren't there, but they need to take advantage of the price tag on relievers.

I mean it in terms of a contender.

They're what I thought they'd be minus the hot start and the awful stretch. They're a .500 team give or take a game. Max of 84 wins if everything goes right and the pen gets better and isn't stretched like Stretch Armstrong

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:25 PM)
Too bad we don't have a major league pitcher ready to face the cubs tomorrow. Three would have been nice.

I'm very interested to see how he looks after seeing him get lit up by us when he was with Texas earlier this season.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
Heart and a nutsack. James has both and doesn't give a f***. This is the guy I thought we were getting all along. Not dominant every time out and not striking out 10 but being solid and the bulldog. Always loved the guy. Wanted to sign him back when he was a FA just not to a mega contract.

I was one of the ones when the rumors were flying about getting Shields, who was totally against it mostly because of the contract ( money and years). Once I saw how much the Padres were willing to absorb I softened my stance a little but still was hard on the guy after his 1st 3 starts. I am really glad now about the way he's been pitching. I know it won't last because sometimes as a pitcher there are days you just don't have it. 7 good starts in a row is just about all you can ask of any pitcher.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
I don't think anyone was getting moved regardless. This offseason is probably when it will happen.

I thought nobody wanted Hahn to trade Sale or Q. Why the change now?

If it doesn't happen now it won't happen in the offseason. Guaranteed. I'm sure Hahn will not enter an offseason preparing fans for the rebuilding. He still needs time to construct a team and have replacements for whoever is dealt. It'll happen now when approval for selling is at its highest. Also gives some in house options time to prove themselves over several months

The market now is perfect for the White Sox to trade either Q or Sale for a haul to a contending team (Boston, LA. Texas) desperately in need of a starter. Also consider the lack of alternatives and the return value of players who have been traded thus far, Hahn has to sell. I'd be very disappointed if he didn't

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 11:30 PM)
If it doesn't happen now it won't happen in the offseason. Guaranteed. I'm sure Hahn will not enter an offseason preparing fans for the rebuilding. He still needs time to construct a team and have replacements for whoever is dealt. It'll happen now when approval for selling is at its highest. Also gives some in house options time to prove themselves over several months

The market now is perfect for the White Sox to trade either Q or Sale for a haul to a contending team (Boston, LA. Texas) desperately in need of a starter.

Well said. The crack like waiting game continues.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
I'm very interested to see how he looks after seeing him get lit up by us when he was with Texas earlier this season.

We didn't light him up he just walked 5 guys then the guy they brought in after gave up a grand slam to the next batter. So as long as he doesn't start walking people like crazy he should be decent imo.