World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:41 AM)
I told u guys the Cubs were a lock and to bet the house. Did anybody follow my good advice?

Cubs will wrap it up. It's simple, folks. The Cubs DEFINITELY have the better team. Case closed.

Yes, greg, despite all of the gambling advice I've ever been given throughout the years, I am going to fold to your gut feel on a game 7, for all the marbles, when the Indians bullpen is fresher than s*** and Miller can come in during the f***ing 4th if he has to, and will bet my life savings on the Cubs.

This may sound weird, but does anyone else think that if the Indians were going to lose this game, this is the best way they could have lost?

Cubs had to use a few relievers, including Chapman tonight, but because it was a blowout, the Indians didn't use Miller, Shaw, OR Allen. All of those guys could go 2 innings tomorrow if need be. Chapman, while he will still be available, may not be able to go multiple innings again after throwing 62 pitches over the past 3 days.

Obviously you don't like the fact that the Cubs got confidence and that their hitters are clicking, but the bullpen situation is shaping up nicely for Cleveland assuming they can get 4 or 5 innings out of Kluber tomorrow and scrape a couple off of Hendricks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 11:41 PM)
I told u guys the Cubs were a lock and to bet the house. Did anybody follow my good advice?

Cubs will wrap it up. It's simple, folks. The Cubs DEFINITELY have the better team. Case closed.

Yeah the Cubs are clearly the more talented team but weren't they penciled in as the NL champ before the season? It's not really going out on a limb to predict that. If it's going to game 7 they definitely weren't a lock and the Indians are without Salazar, Carrasco, and Brantley.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 01:30 AM)
This may sound weird, but does anyone else think that if the Indians were going to lose this game, this is the best way they could have lost?

Cubs had to use a few relievers, including Chapman tonight, but because it was a blowout, the Indians didn't use Miller, Shaw, OR Allen. All of those guys could go 2 innings tomorrow if need be. Chapman, while he will still be available, may not be able to go multiple innings again after throwing 62 pitches over the past 3 days.

Obviously you don't like the fact that the Cubs got confidence and that their hitters are clicking, but the bullpen situation is shaping up nicely for Cleveland assuming they can get 4 or 5 innings out of Kluber tomorrow and scrape a couple off of Hendricks.

Yeah, if you're looking for a silver lining, that would be it. Rested bullpen + Kluber is the Indians' best-case scenario.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:41 AM)

Tomorrow is one game, anything can happen. But consider that statistically, Indians have a huge advantage alone playing Game 7 at home

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 06:50 AM)
Tomorrow is one game, anything can happen. But consider that statistically, Indians have a huge advantage alone playing Game 7 at home

Ask Steph, Klay and Draymond about those stats. Anyway, game 5? Check. Game 6? Check. The Cubs, when right, are one of the better teams of the last 40 years. I don't want it to happen. But they will get it done. And I predict meltdowns of GOAT proportions by what's left of White Sox nation.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 07:04 AM)
Ask Steph, Klay and Draymond about those stats. Anyway, game 5? Check. Game 6? Check. The Cubs, when right, are one of the better teams of the last 40 years. I don't want it to happen. But they will get it done. And I predict meltdowns of GOAT proportions by what's left of White Sox nation.

Why exactly are you on this forum? It's pretty evident that you're a Cubs fan. You can root for whoever you want, but I'm not sure why trolling Sox fans on their forum is a fun thing to do.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 07:08 AM)
Why exactly are you on this forum? It's pretty evident that you're a Cubs fan. You can root for whoever you want, but I'm not sure why trolling Sox fans on their forum is a fun thing to do.

I know. I'm a Cubs fan. I'm a Heat fan (or was) and now I'm a Cavs fan. Yeah. Whatever. At 33, I don't let emotions enter the picture when it comes to sports. I did that in my teens and twenties. The Cubs are the best team in baseball by a mile and 108 years is enough. They're gonna win it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 07:12 AM)
I know. I'm a Cubs fan. I'm a Heat fan (or was) and now I'm a Cavs fan. Yeah. Whatever. At 33, I don't let emotions enter the picture when it comes to sports. I did that in my teens and twenties. The Cubs are the best team in baseball by a mile and 108 years is enough. They're gonna win it.

Ok? What's your point? Nothing you said changes the fact that you're trolling Sox fans on their forum...

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 07:15 AM)
Ok? What's your point? Nothing you said changes the fact that you're trolling Sox fans on their forum...

Don't blame me that the Cubs have you shooker than shook and r living rent free (more like mortgage free) in your heads. Y'all ain't been right for two years.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 07:14 AM)
j4l is not a cubs fan, he's a borderline troll. he won't show up after the cubs lose tonight, you do notice he only shows up after they win, right?

This, J4L is the classic internet troll just looking for attention. If the Cubs win tonight, we'll never hear the end of it. If they lose, he'll go back into his hole for the next 12 months.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 07:04 AM)

When you group together the season and post season yes, the Cubs are incredibly talented and compared to the Indians SHOULD win the series.

But again, this all comes down to one game. Any outcome is possible when just looking at it as one game. If you're position is the Cubs may win because they're the better team, I'd agree. However I'm on the position the Indians have an advantage. The last 40 years comment is a bit ridiculous though when they've hardly dominated even the playoffs. Also the NL collectively is terrible.

Edited by Flash Tizzle