Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

This is a good deal for the white sox Rutherford's "value" is roughly 38M. I look at the deal like this

Kahnle for Rutherford (i was expecting a return of two back half pieces for him say Bauers and Sanchez from TB) instead they got a top 30 prospect in baseball to along with two other studs in Jimenez and Robert

Robertson for Clarkin - based off the $ remaining on his contract and the sox not eating any and the returns for doolittle and madson this seems right.

Frazier for Polo & Clippard - I previously expected Frazier to bring back Swihart and Bell from the red sox so Polo if he becomes a 4th outfielder is a win.

Hahn could've possibly gotten more by holding out on Kahnle but the FO loves Rutherford and they decided to be risk adverse in this situation, thats fair and its returned the sox another top 100 prospect and a LHP who could thrive in our system and a possible fourth outfielder for the next competitive white sox team.

Congratulations to Hahn and Cooper for turning Gordon Beckham into Yency Almonte into Kahnle into Blake f***ing Rutherford.

the take away Gordon Beckham is the gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by beautox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:30 PM)
Clarkin is not nothing. We needed a solid left handed prospect for our system.

Maybe not, but he is seemingly made of glass and has gone over 75 innings exactly once. And even when he does pitch it doesn't seem overwhelming. His upside is described as a #4. So combining the inherent prospect risk with the fact thats hes still only in A ball and that he has an extensive injury history. it seems like a ton of risk with a minimal upside for the second piece of this trade. And we have to get him on the 40 man by next year and keep him there for what, 3 years while he develops and can hopefully add innings.

It is sad that this was like, the end of our trade rumors in one big blast. Rutherford would do well to hit some more grand slam walkoffs soon.

Swear to God W-S and kanny better win the damn 2nd half.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:47 AM)
This is a good deal for the white sox Rutherford's "value" is roughly 38M. I look at the deal like this

Kahnle for Rutherford (i was expecting a return of two back half pieces for him say Bauers and Sanchez from TB) instead they got a top 30 prospect in baseball to along with two other studs in Jimenez and Robert

Robertson for Clarkin - based off the $ remaining on his contract and the sox not eating any and the returns for doolittle and madson this seems right.

Frazier for Polo & Clippard - I previously expected Frazier to bring back Swihart and Bell from the red sox so Polo if he becomes a 4th outfielder is a win.

Hahn could've possibly gotten more by holding out on Kahnle but the FO loves Rutherford and they decided to be risk adverse in this situation, thats fair and its returned the sox another top 100 prospect and a LHP who could thrive in our system and a possible fourth outfielder for the next competitive white sox team.

Congratulations to Hahn and Cooper for turning Gordon Beckham into Yency Almonte into Kahnle into Blake f***ing Rutherford.

the take away Gordon Beckham is the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm finally cool with the Yency Almote trade.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:00 AM)
People really overrated DRob's value. Remember the package be almost went for during the offseason? He's had a good year, but not great.

Robertson's best used as a setup man IMO. He's way too hittable when he isn't locked in.

I'd like to change my opinion. Gordon Beckham for Rutherford is hilarious. And after reading how pissed the Yankees fans are this is great. I went from thinkin that the package was light to now thinking we fleeced the Yankees. Kahnle is the key but whatever, I'm just looking at him as gordon beckham not Kahnle. #Ghengis

Sox killed the Yankees on this trade. They only took Frazier to spite the Red Sox, and seeing what JD Martinez fetched there's not a lot of interest in average-ish second half rentals so even if he was only used to grease this deal its worth it.

Robertson is nowhere near the big relievers traded last year, you really think his stock improved that much from the Trade That Wasn't which would've netted the Sox Luzardo and Ward? Clarkin or Polo alone are worth Robertson.

Kahnle for Rutherford is robbery.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:16 AM)
The OF talent in A Ball is incredible right now. We've got Jimenez, Basabe, Fisher, & Booker at High A and Rutherford, Adolfo, Gonzalez, & Schnursbusch at Low A. And that doesn't include Call & Robert who should theoretically be at ones of those levels right now.

agreed, and you figure top 5 picks for the '18 & '19 drafts...sign me up.

Sox still have Avi that can be moved and Abreu as well since its very unlikely Robert is up while Jose is around.