Lopez, Fulmer and Holmberg to Chicago

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 11:37 AM)
  1. The #WhiteSox also recalled RHP Carson Fulmer & purchased the contract of LHP David Holmberg from Charlotte. Prior to tonight’s series opener, the #WhiteSox reinstated RHP Reynaldo López from the 10-day DL.

I assume Fulmer will be used out of the bullpen the rest of the year to try and get some work.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 11:56 AM)
Fulmer? The sox are propelling the tank at ludicrous speed. Fulmer is straight up awful. I have absolutely no hope in him. His stuff is so mediocre and he has no control.

He definitely hurts the playoff push

QUOTE (ron883 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 11:56 AM)
Fulmer? The sox are propelling the tank at ludicrous speed. Fulmer is straight up awful. I have absolutely no hope in him. His stuff is so mediocre and he has no control.

Cutting a top 10 pick 2 years into his career is not a move. Get him up to work with Coop daily out of the pen and prep to make him a reliever. Kind of a no brainer

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)
Cutting a top 10 pick 2 years into his career is not a move. Get him up to work with Coop daily out of the pen and prep to make him a reliever. Kind of a no brainer

The dude is a lost cause. They are just bringing him up to bomb and get the #1 pick.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 05:03 PM)
The dude is a lost cause. They are just bringing him up to bomb and get the #1 pick.

I disagree with your expert opinion. Fulmer has a great upside to him. Two years removed from college ball is not a good evaluation timeline to be making decisions on his chances of success. I am interested in wether they keep him in a starting role or transition him to a bullpen role

QUOTE (ron883 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 05:03 PM)

Not he's not.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 05:38 PM)
There's no doubt they are the same underlying person.

I'm not a troll like that. I mean cmon that statement of his is just to get a rise out of people. I DO NOT do that. No way he knows if Fulmer is a bust or not yet.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 01:42 PM)
Not he's not.

I'm not a troll like that. I mean cmon that statement of his is just to get a rise out of people. I DO NOT do that. No way he knows if Fulmer is a bust or not yet.

That is exactly what you do.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 10:31 AM)
I disagree with your expert opinion. Fulmer has a great upside to him. Two years removed from college ball is not a good evaluation timeline to be making decisions on his chances of success. I am interested in wether they keep him in a starting role or transition him to a bullpen role

Well he is certainly not alone in his opinion, Fulmer hasn't show very much to date so if your choice is bust or not the odds favor him being right and that is all some people want to be .

Like you I always hope for the best and never like to say someone is a bust after a short period of time to develop especially being yo-yo ed up and down without any reason to do that to him.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
Well he is certainly not alone in his opinion, Fulmer hasn't show very much to date so if your choice is bust or not the odds favor him being right and that is all some people want to be .

Like you I always hope for the best and never like to say someone is a bust after a short period of time to develop especially being yo-yo ed up and down without any reason to do that to him.

You absolutely cannot call a guy drafted in the first round 2 years ago a bust unless his arm physically fell off. Hell, look at the RF'er on this team right now or the relievers we traded to see guys who looked like crap for years before seemingly putting it together

They took a gamble that he could remain a starter but now seems destined to the bullpen. Let him get his feet wet more there with Coop to finish out this meaningless year then he can spend the off season re-focusing on that. I think he settles in as a reliever where he can let his goofy mechanics fly at max effort knowing he only has to get 3 guys out.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/pro...p;Page=Analysis

According to baseball cube Fulmer has averaged 93.5 on his fastball as a starter this year. Looking ahead to 2018, as a reliever Fulmer should see an uptick in velo on the fastball. That with his curve ball and intensity make me think he could be a damn good closer in time.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
You absolutely cannot call a guy drafted in the first round 2 years ago a bust unless his arm physically fell off. Hell, look at the RF'er on this team right now or the relievers we traded to see guys who looked like crap for years before seemingly putting it together

They took a gamble that he could remain a starter but now seems destined to the bullpen. Let him get his feet wet more there with Coop to finish out this meaningless year then he can spend the off season re-focusing on that. I think he settles in as a reliever where he can let his goofy mechanics fly at max effort knowing he only has to get 3 guys out.

That's the thing. By all accounts, his stuff just isn't what it used to be. He isn't the same pitcher any more.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
That's the thing. By all accounts, his stuff just isn't what it used to be. He isn't the same pitcher any more.

Did his arm fall off? Did he have TJ? He's not a 40 year old, you don't "lose" 1st round stuff as a 23 year old with no injuries.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)

The problem is that he is the same pitcher. He really has not progressed as a starter aside from learning the cutter. He still struggles to throw strikes but the repertoire is still there.

If the Sox can get Fulmer to throw strikes with his fastball and cutter as a reliever, his knuckle curve will be absolutely devastating with two strikes. There's alot of potential in Fulmer as a reliever.